cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Why no News?

I wonder why there has been so little news about Stadia lately? Where's Stadia Base? Where are new games? Google really has to show more activity or Stadia will no longer interest anyone. Google should link Stadia with the big game launchers. Steam, Origin, Uplay, and more. If this succeeds, the general public will become aware of Stadia and start switching to it. If Stadia sells only a few games relatively expensive, it will fail and be meaningless across the board. Please Google do something more for your fans. I firmly believe that Stadia is the future of gaming. We strongly need some News! PS: (Sorry for my bad English im German)
Tags (4)
3 Kudos
10 Replies
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

I think Google still has some lessons to learn about how to nurture a small fan base of gamers. Obviously they are working behind the scenes to get games to come to Stadia but they may be still working on deals for the next batch of games before they announce anything. 

Stadia base should be coming around February so I expect we will see something soon before that comes out. 

I am surprised that Stadia was not at CES 2020

1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

I am a little bemused that why have now entered 2020 and there has been no updates or news from Google in regards to Stadia. 

Surely with a platform at this early stage in its life cycle, there should be lots of news about upcoming games and features that they should be sharing with us?? 

Didn't Google say previously that new features would be dropping on Stadia pretty much weekly after it launched?? 

2 Kudos
Community Member

1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Totally agree, more news would definetely be amazing and also needed for Stadia.

Even roadmaps or any further information on which game-releases Stadia is working at the moment or what is planned for the next week/months would be great. I know that it always would give the risk of not being ready (e.g. nothing should be promised, but an overview is great anyway), but normally delays can be understood from the community if no promises were made before or no specific date was given.

Updates on daily or at least weekly bases would be amazing in my opinion.

1 Kudo
Community Member

No news of any kind is the worst, IMO.
0 Kudos
Community Member

I think they announced motocross the other day, made a couple of guys happy....

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Where exactly @ARGAH?

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Chufu Right here. 

Love does not despair. Love gives us hope that change is possible
1 Kudo
Community Member

I don't understand Stadia. If you have the chance to roll up the entire gaming industry, why don't you do it? I would negotiate with major providers like Steam and negotiate a contract to bring the games from Steam to Stadia. Technically, it can't be that difficult. The server structure should be available at Google. You can share Steam as a percentage of the profit, then Steam also has something of it. What Google is doing now is a huge mistake. Simply announcing a game here and there is simply not enough. Please Google go full throttle or sink into the swamp of irrelevance.
0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I couldn't agree more. We are trying to figure out if Stadia can sustain our gaming appetite and if we should invest into it any further, or if we should rather go back to our hardwares which are getting games every weeks and sales every weeks. As I already said in other numerous topics, Google is going the very wrong way if they hold their announces. At least they need to tell WHEN exactly is the next Stadia Connect so we can wait until then for our news. However if we have no announcements, no Stadia connect schedules, and no roadmap, we will all leave this boat in the coming weeks, you can be sure of this.
3 Kudos