cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Where is the privacy policy and terms and conditions of this website?

Have been trying to find out how to change my username on this site for weeks. No info, no support. Regular Stadia support say this site was set up by a random gamer, not Google, despite the subdomain of Stadia.

At this point I just want to delete my account here.

When logging in here, using Google account, there are links to both privacy and terms and conditions, but the links go to page not found. I have a right to know this information.

Anyone have any info? Or way to escalate this?

@StadiaTeam @GraceFromGoogle  @ChrisFromGoogle  @codesplice @Chufu 

1 Kudo
6 Replies
Community Member

I found this Privacy Policy which was at the bottom of the log in screen. And this Terms Of Service which was the closest ToS to Stadia I could get.

As for changing your username I don't think you can. I believe once you pick it it's stuck, because I haven't found a way to edit it. I imagine if you ask support you may be able to have them fully delete your account here? But I use my Google login that is the same as my Stadia email so I'm not sure what will work for you because I wouldn't want something to get messed up with my Stadia account haha.

Good luck!

scarlet_stream on Mixer & Twitter
2 Kudos
Community Member

Support have been of no help. Like I said, they seem to think the community forum has nothing to do with Stadia.

Yes, only want to sort out community forum account, and not touch Stadia account

1 Kudo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @SamG

Thanks for stopping by the Stadia Community Forum. Please note that at this time, "forum name change" is a permission that's limited to the admins of this Community Forum.  However, your feedback regarding name changes has been duly noted.

With this being said, I'm happy to address your request as a special case. I'll be reaching out to you via DM to gather your requested name change along with some additional notes.

- GraceFromGoogle 

2 Kudos
Community Member

Why is username change restricted? And why are there no published terms and conditions, or privacy policy despite the links on the sign in with Google page?

Despite the DM, I think you need to answer this publicly so you are transparent about it.

Likewise, why do the regular Stadia support teamateam like this forum isn't official? Just look at the below from my chat with them.

6:46:51 Bobby: The community forum technically is a web blog. Might be being run by an individual or a group of Stadia gamer for the purpose of providing support to Stadia gamer everywhere.
6:47:17 Bobby: Unfortunately, we really have no access to it when it comes to the admin part of that forum.

Shocking.

Your really need to get a grip of the customer service. And anyway, why isn't the forum built into the Stadia app? Seems like something you should have done on day one, rather than implement a 3rd party solution from Khoros, who also have never replied to my enquiries.

1 Kudo
Community Manager
Community Manager

As mentioned in my DM, we've restricted the name change functionality for various reasons. Therefore, the name users choose upon signing up for the Stadia Community Forum will remain your username going forward. As you can see, I've addressed your request, and your forum name has now been changed to your preferred username. Also, I explained in my DM that the Stadia Community Forum follows the Stadia Terms of Service and Privacy policies. We do not have a separate set of policies for this community, and I'm working to get those links updated on the sign-in page. 

Regarding  your experience with our support team, I'm so sorry for the confusion. There may have been a misunderstanding on the Stadia support team's side, and I'm addressing the matter as we speak.  This community forum is run by the Stadia Community team, and if you have feedback regarding this community, you're more than welcome to post those notes here. 

1 Kudo
Community Member

What are the various reasons? Like I said, how about you be transparent about it?

Why are the policies only linked to on the sign in page? It is normal for websites to have them available via a menu or at the very bottom of the page.

Why is this community forum built separately from the Stadia app? And in a 3rd party platform? Who employs you? Google or Khoros? Knowing that might explain the disjointed user experience. It might be useful being transparent about that rather than thinking you are fooling people.

Believe me, I want to see a great offering from Stadia, both in terms of game streaming but also community. This just isn't it right now.

1 Kudo