cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Where are the big games?

@StadiaTeam Where are the big games? Call of Duty, Battlefield, GTA, PUBG, etc?

I am a huge fan of Stadia. I think it works great. But where is the library of games that are already out on other platforms?

I want to support this and stay a Pro Member but your library does not justify the cost.

Here is my 💰, waiting for you to deliver....

Again my question is, where are the big games?

Thank you.

4 Kudos
19 Replies
Community Member

For me, I think it is time to compare some of the other cloud gaming offerings that are springing up which I won’t mention here to see how they are engaging with their customer base, costs, flexibility, future proofing their buy in from an enigmatic loyal initial customer base who are regularly kept in touch and updated along the journey.

If you don’t feel like that is happening here, you are in good company!

Google should be taking heed of the endless subscription cancellations that may come their way and ultimately they will reap what they sow.

Right now the crops are barren.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@TheBurglekutt : Time to start banging on the door of the publishers and developers.  EA, Activision and Capcom are some of the biggest names in the industry and they have all AFAIK publicly committed to Stadia, but have yet to announce the titles that will be released.

Can't really offer much more than that yet until such time as they make their announcements alongside Google/Stadia.

If you're worried about the cost of the subscription then let it lapse until such time that there are more titles on offer that are to your liking.

That is one of the advantages of this subscription model, you can still play titles that you own if you have purchased any, and if you do let your subscription lapse and decide to renew it at a later time, those titles that you have claimed while your subscription was active will still be available to you along with any save data that you might have had.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
3 Kudos
Community Member

It isn't our job to call the publishers just to get the usual reply "we have nothing to announce yet but stay tuned". Stadia has 120 games coming and we don't know what they are. It's useless to call developers for a game that is eventually in the list already. Stadia has to do the job by themselves and bring as many games as possible. We have already made numerous threads about what games we would love to see on Stadia.
2 Kudos
Community Member

@Nilas :  This is the catch, everyone wants Stadia to make the announcement of the games that are in the pipeline, but if they are not the developer/publisher of the game, then their hands are tied until the publisher wishes to make it public.  So when a publisher says that they haven't got anything to announce yet,Google can't just open the can and spill the beans, no matter how much we would like them too.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
3 Kudos
Community Member

I firmly believe the big games will come. 

Google have recently just dome a deal with Activision for streaming rights to Call of Duty tournaments etc. I would think its very highly likely that a conversation has taken place to get Activision Blizzard games on to Stadia. 

In terms of justification of your Pro Membership, by the time the renewal date comes around we will have had 8 games given to us as Pro Members, that really is pretty good value for the £8.99 IMO. 

4 Kudos
Community Member

@SeaTrootIn March they have very few games left to offer so they need to add games now or in the future you're only gonna get something you already bought. This is the whole point of this. So far the games received kind of made it for the lack of features but from March and beyond the store needs additional games regularly or we'll be left with no value right at the moment we're getting charged.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Yeah, **** this indie trash. Red Dead Redemption, Final Fantasy, Borderlands, Assassins Creed, Tomb Raider, Wolfenstein, Ghost Recon, Mortal Kombat and NBA 2K. Like whoever even heard of these games? Stadia needs to get Nintendo on the phone and get some Mario or some Sonic the Hedgehog, maybe Bubsy if they don't want the platform to fail.

3 Kudos
Community Member

I agree 100%. I've been saying to them where is Jedi Fallen order, Control ECT. They just give me some lame robotic excuse. I am a founder and and really starting to feel buyers remorse. They say 100's of games are coming to Stadia yet still nothing to show for their announcement. I unfortunately don't see Stadia lasting once PS5 and Xbox Series S and X come out. They're simply not going to be able to compete and are going to get smothered.
1 Kudo
Community Member

OMG, yes! Where are all the games that Google never promised? They need to drop everything they're working on that was promised to us and give us a whole bunch of titles that they didn't promise yet. That's the way the world works. Forget deals that are in place, give me what I asked for, not what you said you'd give me... And do it now, because I want you to go make those new deals and deliver on them faster than the ones you already made and are still working to deliver. SHAME ON GOOGLE for not giving me things that haven't been promised! I'm leaving this service!

1 Kudo
Community Member

I never once said I was leaving the service. On contrary I happen to enjoy it a lot. It is just disappointing that stadia is letting consoles beat them out with games that aren't even exclusive to those consoles. So far all they have to offer are games that are old. I'll certainly be buying Doom eternal when it drops but you would think by now after announcing more than a hundred games are coming out that they'd at least announce 10 of them to wet our whistle in the meantime.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Jysoe77 Obviously my post was a bit of an exaggeration. But come on... stop asking for stuff they haven't promised when they are still TRYING to deliver things that WERE promised. And as far as announcing titles, if people will read news outside of this actual forum, then you'll know that Google has addressed this. Just as with the pricing of titles, the announcements of titles are things they can only do in agreement with developers. They can't announce new titles or even the dates of titles until the developers tell them they can. SOmetimes the games aren't ready, sometimes the developers aren't ready for people to know they're coming to the platform or when, sometimes they haven't decided on pricing deals, sometimes they might be trying to work out extras or exclusives... there's a ton of reasons. Google can only announce things that have been contractually agreed are ready to announce.

I'm sure they'd love to just throw a list of great games on here to whet people's whistles, especially with all the darn complaining that's going on. They simply can't. Stop asking for stuff they can't do and things they haven't promised to do. That was the point of my sarcasm. Also, nothing I say on here is meant to be personal, lol. Well... I probably have directed some personal comments to people, but TRUST me, if I meant to, you'd know!! I can be a real jerk sometimes, even though I'm generally a nice guy normally. I'm working to be a better person! 🤣😂

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Xevioso Trust me I can be a d!ck as well lol. But what's the point in that? I'm here to discuss Stadia, not be an internet warrior. I really just want to see it succeed. Nobody buys something wanting it to fail lol. Think about it from a logical standpoint. They give founders 2 games a month. What happens when they actually have so little games they've given their entire existing library to the founders and there's nothing left to give?

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Xevioso Let's talk about some positive things about Stadia. What is it that you're currently enjoying about it? Personally mine runs like a beast! I have a cat8 ethernet cable plugged into my Chromecast Ultra. It looks and plays beautiful and I have virtually no latency at all. It looks far better than my brothers PS4. I also like that you virtually get unlimited storage space Vs the 2 TB at the very most you get from consoles. Also it is amazing buying a game and just playing instantly with no waiting for a download.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Jysoe77 I LOVE IT!!! Honestly from day 1. I have complained about some pricing, which I still think is an issue when developers have games here that are listed full price and then they have sales on their own websites for other platforms that they don't match here. That's my biggest gripe. But otherwise, I LOVE it! I'm usually playing on ChromeCast on a fairly large TV with no issues. But during the holidays I was traveling, and gameplay on my phone and laptop were excellent as I visited the homes of family members. 

Also... I think the current sale price for MK11 is really good! I've seen the Premium version on some platforms for a little less. Greenman gaming had the PC version for $29 or something earlier this week, not sure if it's still on sale. But for the extra $7 I can play on my computer, my laptop, my TV, or my Pixel. I think that's a fair deal. I completed the full story mode in one sitting, lol!

Also, thanks for pulling me back from the border of total jerkdom to talk positively, lol! I was well on my way. I'm a habitual line-stepper though, so I'm sure I'll be right back at the border of total jerkdom again soon!

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Xevioso here's my current setup. 

Samsung Q60 4K tv

Google Wi-Fi mesh network with an access point in the same room as the Stadia

Sonos home theater

1 Kudo
Community Member

Nice! Mine is similar... Samsung Q55 not 60. And not a full home theater. I have an Episode soundbar and sub-woofer set-up. Playing the MK11 story mode with that sound was GREAT!

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Xevioso I didn't see you as a jerk. You're just passionate about something you enjoy that's not currently doing great and it's a bummer hearing people bash it. It has a crap ton of potential to be awesome. I have high hopes for it.

0 Kudos
Community Member

TRUST ME! I can be a jerk, lol. I'm cool with it! I know my intention is mostly to be sarcastic, and not REALLY to offend people. But sometimes that will happen. As long as I know I didn't really want to make people mad, I don't mind.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Xevioso I'm about to hop on. My handle is my name on here. Add me

0 Kudos