cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Where are all the features? 2 months passed!

Any chance we get to see all the announced features before the end of our 3rd month of Stadia Pro? I thought we would at least get through a few of them progressively, but not even 1 feature per month? I thought the "founders" package was going to have some meaning, but it is kinda very disappointing, not to mention the Google Assistant still restricted to the Home screen... Just to mention a few of the features that were announced: - Google Assistant in-game - Youtube game streaming - A bunch of Youtube related features - The Stadia app has been showing that the party feature will be coming soon to the mobile app but still no sign of it. I understand slowly releasing features on limited devices to ease troubleshooting and ensure quality, but so far it all seem very slow to me and not very inviting to potential new customers, as well as existing customers... Quite frankly, I do not see the point with renewing my Pro subscription once my 3 months are done, I will probably just play the games that I purchased on sale from the Stadia store and wait and see if any free-to-play games join the Stadia platform... By the way, sorry for my bad writing, English is my second language.

2 Kudos
7 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Niavlys Make sure to tune in to the front page and check 'The Latest Announcements' and 'Community Blog' section to follow updates. Here's the most recent one, which list a few features planned for Q1

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-Community-Blog/Stadia-in-the-New-Year/ba-p/13027

Gamers can expect more features coming to Stadia in Q1 and beyond. A key benefit of our platform is that we can add these features without any updates or downloads, and we’re starting to roll out the following over the next three months:

• Support for 4k gaming on the Web
  • Add further Assistant functionality when playing on the Web
  • Support additional Android Phones
  • Wireless gameplay on the Web through the Stadia controller
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
1 Kudo
Community Member

Hardly any features worth shouting about. Those things should have been in day one! The things that are missing for me, is just a decent amount of players and games. There is not enough of both. Stadia is in its infancy and that's why I'm giving it a chance, hopefully it'll pickup in this year.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Q1 and beyond means between now too never. 😉 Starting rolling out basicly means that could be only be that the app supporting just one more android phone in the next 3 month.

As of now sadly we know nothing more or less then we did last month.

I will use the next real community announcement as a benchmark if I will continue buying games on the platform .

Or if I will it use it as a casual backup that is still in beta ( I will see what the monthly games are and decide  if It is worth it month by month, with no other investment)

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
0 Kudos
Community Member

Come to think of it, I am not sure what kind of feature would really have me keep paying for a Pro subscription... I would rather buy the games I really want to play, than pay a monthly fee for a small collection of games and not really knowing what the next month will bring... Maybe, if the Pro subscription allowed me to somehow play a game with a friend that doesn't have Pro subscription or doesn't own the game, then that would be a very interesting feature worth paying a monthly fee... And at the same time, I believe it would make great advertisement for Stadia. Otherwise, yes 4K is beautiful, but I can live with 1080p, the difference is really not that big....
0 Kudos
Community Member

For me it will be am I happy with the quality and service Google Stadia have delivered too pay for it

If I find the support, communication and playability have not been good enough in the end of february I will just stop investing any money into it.

Google do not owe us anything and we do not owe Google anything, in the end its all about are we happy about  what we have been served up to that date

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
0 Kudos
Community Member

Developers need to build the features into the games. Like Breakpoint did.
1 Kudo
Community Member

We got Stream Connect in one game. Only on Stadia can you play Ghost Recon Breakpoint and see your squadmates screens without opening up any third party websites or programs.

0 Kudos