cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sherian
Community Member

Well Played Google - Activision Blizzard pulls it games from GeForce Now

I have just read the article on many webs, and everything points to an agreement between Google and Blizzard. 

Really good news for us.

"Their departure from GeForce Now may have something to do with the exclusive streaming agreement that Activision Blizzard signed with Google last month, under which the publisher’s esports competitions will be streamed exclusively on YouTube and its games will rely on Google Cloud as the “preferred provider” for their network infrastructure. Is it possible that Activision Blizzard removed its games from GeForce Now because it wants to bring them to Stadia in the future?"

Activision Blizzard pulls all its games off Nvidia’s GeForce Now streaming service 

1 Kudo
14 Replies
Highlighted
Sherian
Community Member

Well Played Google - Activision Blizzard pulls it games from GeForce Now

I have just read the article on many webs, and everything points to an agreement between Google and Blizzard. 

Really good news for us.

"Their departure from GeForce Now may have something to do with the exclusive streaming agreement that Activision Blizzard signed with Google last month, under which the publisher’s esports competitions will be streamed exclusively on YouTube and its games will rely on Google Cloud as the “preferred provider” for their network infrastructure. Is it possible that Activision Blizzard removed its games from GeForce Now because it wants to bring them to Stadia in the future?"

Activision Blizzard pulls all its games off Nvidia’s GeForce Now streaming service 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

Re: Well Played Google - Activision Blizzard pulls it games from GeForce Now

Most top companies will pull the plug in GeForce now, it's too complex in it's current state you can't just put loads of games on a service it to be allowed, people thinking this was a thing that could replace a PC or console were mad because who would risk buying games.

Like I've said before it's no more than a service to compliment what you have even then though why wouldn't people just stream from the local PC they already have.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Whito
Community Member

IMG-20191204-WA0009.jpeg

I transmit from my local PC. I do not need GFNow. How I miss my PC Y_Y

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sherian
Community Member

@Whito I also have a great gaming PC. And I also miss it because is in my daughters room and she's 1 year old 😭.

She took over my "man's cave", so Stadia is my best option for now 😂

1 Kudo
Highlighted
ChronosP
Community Member

" Is it possible that Activision Blizzard removed its games from GeForce Now because it wants to bring them to Stadia in the future?" 

And you really expect an answer to this question?🤔  just curious. 

In my eyes, Blizzard just removed the games because geforce now is now out of beta and their agreement/deal/contract whatsoever, just expired with it. Greedy Publishers like Blizzard are liking their piece of the cake when GFN gets money by mainly advertising and using Blizzards products as exclusives to their cloud service. 

But again, maybe all the conspiracy theoriest are right and google made a deal or even xcloud, who knows?! 🤷‍♂️

0 Kudos
ARGAH
Community Member

Activision and blizzard will bring individual games to stadia whether that's exclusive I doubt it, I'd guess GeForce now just can't afford to run the servers atm and pay all these companies as much as they want while trying to profit from said companies assets.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sherian
Community Member

@ChronosP  I'm not waiting for an answer to this question. I'm just trying to open a thread to talk about this news. Sorry if you misunderstand me.

I'm actually having fun with Stadia, specially with Metro and MK11. But I would like to hear that AAA tittles from one of this "big fishes" of the game industry will be part of Stadia.

I really think that Stadia has more to offer than any of the other streamming services, so, even if it's just a rumor, I'd like to think that this indicates a new route for Stadia.

Finaly, I have to say it, I'm tired of reading every day only about complains (both on the one hand and on the other) and very few productive things, so I prefer to wander than complaining.

I hope nobody feels offended by my comment

Sherian.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Whito
Community Member

@Sherian That's nice to hear ... she will take good care of her cave and her big PC ... My wife's PC is right next to mine ... but it's not that powerful, so she is now taking care of my PC with Final Fantasy XIV ... it's the only Game she uses. So Stadia is also my best option at the moment 

: P

20191202_204057.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
PerAsperAdAstra
Community Member

Hopefully leads to good news for Stadia if a deal was in the works with Activision Blizzard.

I haven't minded how everything has started with Stadia, typical experience for early adopters.  My gaming experience has been absolutely solid, shocking how well it runs. 

This potentially good news gives a nice lift from the drumbeat of some that are predicting failure.  It's hard not to notice that articles reviewing GeForce always had a positive spin on shortcomings while articles on Stadia always seemed to attack shortcomings from a negative angle.  I'm not shocked or bothered, but there seemed to be a lack of objectivity in many reviews.  I just evaluate the quality of the reviews with my own actual experience.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ChronosP
Community Member

@Sherian 

don't worry pal, not offended at all!

But i can imagine many scenarios why this has happened to GFN tbh and atm its all just pure speculation. Although I would be happy to have blizzard games here on stadia but i can almost feel the outrage that this would bring over this platform additional to this typical "hate" mentality. 

Anyway, another rumor and worst case scenario would be that Blizzard launches its own cloud service. I don't know about you folks but im certainly sure that noone wants to have 10+ subscriptions per month just to play their games everywhere. 😒

2 Kudos