cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Watch Your Data!

Hey Gamers, I highly recommend watching your data. Streaming games uses 4.5 GB of data on a small TV and 9 GB of data on a large TV per hour. Hopefully, they can figure out how to reduce data usage so we can play more often. Roger.
1 Kudo
7 Replies
Community Member

I'm amazed that data-cap is a thing in some Country's. That's the real issue, your goverment should do something about that.
0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Yeah you definitely need a flatrate from your Internet-Provider, otherwise Stadia can be expensive because it's using a lot of data.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

The size of your TV has nothing to do with how much data gets used. 😛

1 Kudo
Community Member

Cable companies that restrict data and not speed should be burned to the ground. My fellow gamers we must unite with pitch forks and take it to those bully's !!! No more internet throttling!

1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Roger546201 If you're really constrained your data, you can actually reduce data consumption with the expense of quality.

Go to your Stadia app setting > Data usage & performance

From there you have 3 options

• Best visual quality - data might reach 20 GB/hr 
  • Balanced - let Stadia determine the best experience
  • Limited data usage - limit data to 4.5 GB/hr

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Community Member

If data is an issue do not go for streaming.

There is a reason there is no console (all that data need too be processed somewhere)

And that eats data

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
0 Kudos
Community Member

this is why I don't think STADIA is going to take off, 10 more years a decade later it will but right now I dont think so.

0 Kudos