cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

VR possibilities?

Is there any plan for VR on Stadia? I hope so. Because I would like to be able to play Stadia VR anywhere. And, if Stadia wants to compete with the consoles, then it would NEED TO HAVE VR. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Just out of curiosity: How is VR enabled on consoles? Does it work for every game or only for specific games?

Never tried VR out to be honest, so I can't tell if this is a "must have" feature for Stadia, but yeah for some games I could imagine it makes sense and could be a lot of fun with VR.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

For VR, latency between moving your head and the display updating is a big issue.  I used to think that would be too much for cloud based gaming, but now I have used the wonder that is staida, I think this is entirely possible.  Lets keep our fingers crossed, I would love it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@StevenRice : No announcements have been made yet, so I would imagine that it is still a possibility.  But until then, I think that the only option would be to keep an eye out for any future announcements.

Although, from my own perspective, we do not have VR setup at home on any of our consoles or PC's, and not something that we are actively looking at either.  The closest we have gone is with the use of TrackIR for Digital Combat Simulator, and I can't imagine seeing that making its way over to Stadia unless there is HOTAS support too.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos