cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Using Stadia in common areas

Jump to solution
HI everyone, I'm starting saying that I do not own Stadia, so my technical knowledge about it is very low. I would like to have Stadia in a common area, so having a Chromecast Ultra and a bunch of controller ready for people to add their accounts and play with it. Now my questions: after user A leaves the place, having played with Stadia and having the Chromecast and controllers linked to its account, when user B comes, will the hardware be limited to A's account? Or everyone will be able to connect? Now, if more accounts can use the same Chromecast, how does it work when multiple accounts are connected to it at the same time? What I mean is, if A' account is connected and is using Stadia, can B interfere with A's experience? Just yesterday I tried this very same thing with a video on Chromecast, when a friend played it from his device and I just stopped the video and closed the player. Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @Black_Ice931,

just tested that a few moments ago, you are able to delete accounts from Stadia, by clicking "X" (Remove Account) while the menu with the accounts is open.

The thing is though, that the last used account on the TV for example will come up again normally. So if you turn the PC on and then use the Stadia controller to start Stadia, it automatically asks you with which account you want to login or if you want to add a new account. If your account doesn't have a PIN-code, anyone with the controller could just choose your account and play with that one. It's practically in my household for example, but in your case you don't want other people to be able to access your account, right? Then the best you could do is either deleting your account from Stadia, so that they have to add theirs to it or just use a PIN-Code, so that nobody can use your account (but you don't have to add it always again).

stadia_1.jpg

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
7 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @Black_Ice931,

you can decide which account should be the one to play with. Just an example that I have at home:

Normally my Google account is using the chromecast and Stadia, so when my BF and me want to play with it, we just activate the controller and my account is coming up (because I haven't restricted the acces with that PIN-Code, you can do that if you don't want other people to play with your account and your experiences). So normally, we are always playing with my account.

A few days ago, my BF activated the Stadia buddy pass I gave him on his own account and claimed the four free games you can claim atm directly. Since then he is also able to login with his account to the chromecast and play games if he wants to. Here is some more information about this.

So therefore yes it's possible to use the same chromecast and controllers with multiple Google accounts, Stadia is not restricted in that way, because you can always switch accounts within Stadia. Of course you can also set a PIN-Code if you don't want external people to be able to play with your Stadia account and mess it up, that's entirely up to you.

I believe what is not possible is to have multiple Google accounts connected at the same time, because you always have only one account active (to use another account you have to switch).

1 Kudo
Community Member

Thanks!

That clarifies a few things.

Now, as those accounts won't be necessarily of people who know each other, can I delete them from the hardware? Or if the phone with the account is not in the same network will still be possibile to use Stadia with that account?

Maybe it's better starting from the beginning! If I switch on the controller, the last account used will connect automatically? Or is there a page where I can choose which account I can select? So if someone comes and forgets to put this PIN, I can just delete its account so other people will not be able to access it.

All this is more for "protect" who has used those devices and then leaves the area, so who comes next won't be able to use previous accounts logged in

0 Kudos
Community Member
I havent tried deleting an account so i cant comment on that. But when you shut down stadia it wont automayically login to the last used account if you have more than one. It has a page letting you select what account you want to login too
0 Kudos
Community Member

Well, that's something.

I just need to understand if I can delete accounts

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @Black_Ice931,

just tested that a few moments ago, you are able to delete accounts from Stadia, by clicking "X" (Remove Account) while the menu with the accounts is open.

The thing is though, that the last used account on the TV for example will come up again normally. So if you turn the PC on and then use the Stadia controller to start Stadia, it automatically asks you with which account you want to login or if you want to add a new account. If your account doesn't have a PIN-code, anyone with the controller could just choose your account and play with that one. It's practically in my household for example, but in your case you don't want other people to be able to access your account, right? Then the best you could do is either deleting your account from Stadia, so that they have to add theirs to it or just use a PIN-Code, so that nobody can use your account (but you don't have to add it always again).

stadia_1.jpg

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

Great!

Thank you @Chufu .

The idea is to place a bunch of them in a B&B or similar, just to give guests some more services. I would delete the accounts of older guests just before the new ones arrive.

That's why the need of deleteing them.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Hello,

Are you able to let me know how to switch on/activate the pin code account access option on my Stadia account please? This isn't the pin code for purchases, I mean the one that would prevent others accessing my account when accessing my account on my TV through the Chromecast. Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos