cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Updates on Family Sharing?

Jump to solution

If I remember correctly, Google mentioned Family Sharing in "early 2020". It's almost June and I haven't seen any updates since then regarding the feature, but I'm holding off on buying more games until I can be sure that I'll be able to share them with my brother (just like the Play Store family library). I've also heard that if a game is shared with family only one person at a time can play it? Thanks!

3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Heh, maybe I should copy this post as a boilerplate message.

Watch this space: https://families.google.com/families

Stadia is at the bottom, so we know it's coming. I'm definitely one of those like you looking for more updates on this. As others on this forum have wondered, my guess is the delay is with software publishers and getting the deals ironed out for how much gets shared between family members, concurrent play sessions, etc. I'd expect you to be able to share a Pro subscription as well, so what does that look like for subscriber costs? (Probably  higher) With most of Google's subscription services there is an increase of monthly cost for sharing streaming content like music or live TV with family members, I have to imagine the game publishers are in on this discussion.

Trust me, I'm not defending Google here with any sort of delay but trying to understand why we're still waiting (with their content sharing and family account systems already in place). We certainly need to hold their hand to the fire and let them know we're looking for it though, so I'm with you there.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Member

Heh, maybe I should copy this post as a boilerplate message.

Watch this space: https://families.google.com/families

Stadia is at the bottom, so we know it's coming. I'm definitely one of those like you looking for more updates on this. As others on this forum have wondered, my guess is the delay is with software publishers and getting the deals ironed out for how much gets shared between family members, concurrent play sessions, etc. I'd expect you to be able to share a Pro subscription as well, so what does that look like for subscriber costs? (Probably  higher) With most of Google's subscription services there is an increase of monthly cost for sharing streaming content like music or live TV with family members, I have to imagine the game publishers are in on this discussion.

Trust me, I'm not defending Google here with any sort of delay but trying to understand why we're still waiting (with their content sharing and family account systems already in place). We certainly need to hold their hand to the fire and let them know we're looking for it though, so I'm with you there.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo