cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

UPLAY+ BETA TEST END OF FEBRUARY, PHONES ONLY?

Im very exited about this, however not so much about from the source of this article.

I would be one of the first who would voluntare to try this out, but phones only or not? Maybe some clarification would be good or news about this. Also the veryfication that this is legit or some fake news?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Community Member

1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

Would be epic for that service to be added next month. Ideally long term I’d like to see a subscription service for a bundle of publishers at an affordable price....

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Matt1 

Hmm, after reading more about this im not really sure anymore.

You'll have to add every credential about your STADIA account to this third party side to participate within the beta. Imho a bad idea. I will not sign up if theres no  clarification on this. Even if thats legit, this emails and everything should be send out from google stadia or Ubisoft personally to some random accounts for testing after signing up on official sites.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@ChronosP 

GBTN is legit. A staffer over at Eurogamer was partnered with them. They're basically an online focus tester group for games.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@mcnichoj 

Thank you for this information. Seems legit.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Is uplay+ an interesting service for stadia users?

I mean, I pay 9,99 per month for stadia pro and then I have to pay another 14,99 for the uplay+?

And does this say that sooner or later all ubisoft titles are available for stadia, beside uplay+?

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I think uplay could be interesting for all those, who are playing a lot of Ubisoft titles. If you play rarely or only a few titles of them, it might be worth to buy those separately instead of another subscription.

Personally I don't really like multiple subscriptions (this can eat your money quickly), but it really depends on your needs: If you play ubisoft titles the whole time it might be cheaper (longterm seen) to use the subscription instead of buying all those titles.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Phettsack I think the question is whether it will be worth it to Stadia, for PC users who don't have rig to run the games they will probably want actual people interested in Stadia I think not so much, maybe it won't cost stadia much and Ubi will host games on their own servers or something so it doesn't cost stadia anything then can see it being worthwhile.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Phettsack 

I think it all depends how much you play each month.

For any gamer that play 3+ hour a day i think Uplay would be excellent subscription, cause that gamer will probably play trough atleast 2-3 games a month ( if not more) 

While for me that play around 3-5 hour a week i think Uplay just would be a money drain, when i finished one game i would probably have spent  as much  on the subscription ( if not more) then the game would cost me on a good pro discount when that becomes available 🙂

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
0 Kudos
Community Member

As I am still busy with the Shadow of the tomb raider (70%) and have not even started the other two tomb raiders, I am maybe not the main aim of uplay+ 🙂

0 Kudos
Community Member

I think that subscription could be great if you're going to spend many hours playing ubisoft games and then cancel a few moths later. 

I've been checking the games that are included in UPlay + and most of then were launched many many years ago, so for me, only a 10 % of them really deserve to pay a subscription.

17 Assassin's Creed... I didn't realise that they were so many 😳

0 Kudos
Community Member

uplay + is definitely not the right service for me. but I hope that in this way all ubisoft games will become purchasable on stadia. because there are some games in the uplay catalog that I would be very interested in buying.
And then I ask myself something ... if stadia will accept the uplay + catalog using its own login .. isn't that, as Google Now does, it will also be possible to play on stadia pro with my current library of uplay games? It would be a huge blow for Stadia!

0 Kudos