cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

UK account but "cannot play from your country"

Hi I'm.based in the UK/isle of man. 

I've set my stadia up successfully but when I start a game I get a message to say it's not available in my country. 

I'm in the UK so it should work right?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Kagutsuchi Are you using a UK based internet provider, or is it something entirely specific to Isle of man? (apologies, as I'm not too familiar with Isle of Man)

I'm asking since I've seen players in Puerto Rico wasn't able to play for similar reason, even though in the help page it was stated it's available there. I'm not saying any note with regards to Isle of Man though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Community Member

Yes it's a local provider from the island. But if should work from your IP address right?
0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Kagutsuchi What I'm guessing is Stadia is looking at your IP, and for one reason or another determine that you're not based in UK. After reading Wikipedia, I'm still not quite sure the relationship between Isle of Man and UK, so I can't say much more.

It might be worth a shot to contact Stadia support and see if they can help you out with this

Go to the link below:

https://support.google.com/stadia#topic=9634925

On top right, click on 'Contact Us' > then request chat/callback to speak to a representative. Try it from a computer browser if the option is not shown on mobile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Community Member

Did you manage to find a solution? Tia

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Kagutsuchi 
I think, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but saying the Isle of Man is in the UK is a bit like saying Monaco is in France. 

The Isle of Man, and some other locations (Channel Islands as an example) are not actually part of the United Kingdom, although they are British Crown dependencies, technically or perhaps legally speaking they are not part of the United Kingdom.

Of course, Google may have a different interpretation of what locations are part of their UK rollout for Stadia, but I suspect, although willing to be corrected, that it is more likely limited to mainland UK and Northern Ireland; rather than the British Isles which would encompass the Isle of Man, Channel Islands, the Hebrides etc., the Isle of Wight would be an exception, as that is actually a county within the UK and considered to be mainland UK even though it's an island.

Final note, is Google Store available from the Isle of Man, or did you have to use a VPN to gain access? If it isnt normally available then that also could indicate if Stadia is or isnt available...maybe...

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Community Member

I'm on the Island as well, did you manage to get any further info on this? Won't work for me either, strange as it would let me set up an account but not let you play the games?

0 Kudos
Community Member

I didn't unfortunately and had to get a refund. I don't know if the access issue has changed since coming out of BETA I haven't tried it since i got my refund

0 Kudos
Community Member

I guess this thread is fairly old now, i am getting the same message and wondering has there been any progress from Google regarding getting Isle of Man based players access to stadia? Im keen to get cracking on it 

0 Kudos