cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Two people, one game

Are there any games that support two people playing one instance of a game? This whole "stream connect" thing keeps acting like it's local multiplayer, but it seems like it's two instances of the games for two people on two machines. Is that correct?

If so, where is the list of local multiplayer games.

2 Kudos
9 Replies
Community Member

STREAM***  lol

1 Kudo
Community Member

Not all local co-op is Steam Connect, but some Steam Connect can be, will be, local co-op.  😅  Steam Connect is mainly used now as PIP feature, ha...

0 Kudos
Community Member

Steam Connect to me is very exciting, more so as it relates to local couch co-op, but it's MIA.   It's supposed to be less resource exhausting, vs driving local couch via one instance.  E.g.  when I first tried local co-op on B3 via PS4, it was the worst experience I had ever been part of.   Your friend could not be in the menus w/o it harshly impacting you.   They've since then improved it, thou I also stopped trying it.  Just when I thought Stadia would come to the rescue, it did not even exist for the platform.   I'm guessing it's probably still a feature being fully rolled out by Stadia, and 2) the developer has to learn how, and actually do it.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Thanks for the lists.

I guess my second question is about "steam connect". Is it local co op or not?

And if not, why in the world do they keep acting like it is lol. If you have to buy TWO instances, that's not local haha

0 Kudos
Community Member

@kpeesh : my understanding is that it’s not, or at least the implementation in game(s) to date hasn’t been with that view in mind yet.

But I would imagine that that technology could be used to produce a typical split screen style approach and that could be in turn local co-op. 

So I guess the options are available should a developer decide to implement such a feature, I guess time will tell as developers start to raise the bar as to what they do with the features that Stadia is supposed to offer. 

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
1 Kudo
Community Member

What is concerning most to me is that, that I know of, there's no current game that lets you sign in w multiple Stadia profiles per game, on the same Stadia instance.   Thought Darksiders Genesis would have this - nope, it's a generic second player.   Thought B3 would solve for this - nope, doesn't even have local multiplayer at all.   So what in the world!?   Please correct me if I'm wrong.   This is the norm w PS and Xbox, as I understand it.

2 Kudos
Community Member

@Stoked4Good :  yeah, that’s a right good point you have there. It’s so not geared yet for proper local multiplayer.  I guess that that feature will come in due course, but yeah it is a big feature gap for local multiplayer. 

1 Kudo
Community Member

@kpeesh :

an old list of local multiplayer titles, not been updated in a while though.

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-General/Local-two-player-games/m-p/4252 

2 Kudos
Community Member

Trials is one example. But you need 2 controllers. 

You can find some more information on games on this excellent site: 

https://stadiahead.com/games

3 Kudos