cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Troubleshooting, a request.

Hi all.  

I think we would all mostly agree that this forum is great, and a large portion of it is Stadia gamers conversing in a really non toxic way (pretty incredible for the internet).

I've noticed over the past few months that a lot of posts here are requests for help with troubleshooting, and gamers are absolutely here for each other.

However, and I'm not knocking anyone, but anyone with a history of support knows there are standard shortcuts that can get you the answer far faster.

The first, and most important, is details.  Details, details and more details.

The more detail you go into, the more we will be able to help, or conversely, the more we won't waste your time trying things you may have already done.

So, FULL details of your setup, make and model of laptop/tv, whether it affects one game or multiple games, whether HDR works in other services, resolution you are playing in, bandwidth of your connection, has it ever worked correctly or is this a new issue should be a minimum, honestly, you cannot supply enough info, even if its the name of your pet cat.

We (and I speak for others here) are more than happy to try to help, but the more details you supply, the better it will be for all, and the faster you will be back enjoying Stadia...

4 Kudos
2 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@TheWelshIdiot wrote:

honestly, you cannot supply enough info

Absolutely, there's no such thing as "too much information" when you're asking for help on a forum such as this. There are so many variables that go into Stadia that a lack of detailed information about your specific environment can make it very difficult to troubleshoot effectively. 

More details provided up front can dramatically reduce the back-and-forth time spent on basic fact-finding.

1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Totally agree with you, the more details are given the better it is. 🙂

Even though I do sometimes understand that those who have problems, just want to quickly post it to get help as in some cases only a few details are necessary to understand the problem (especially when it would be a known one). In those cases we can also ask them for more specific info if needed.

But yes in general: The more we get, the better we can help. 🙂

2 Kudos