cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

This is just like Google Plus

Releasing an early access version that's incomplete. They get a lot of hype capital from early adopters but burn it on mistakes that were easy to avoid. Free users or interested payers that are necessary to build a community are shut out. Six weeks later they release it to the public, who shrugs and says "Oh, that's still around" Dead. On. Arrival.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Yeah of course, when Stadia Base will be released, the platform will be dead. Really?

I mean what did you expect? Of course we are kind of beta-testers at the moment and I still feel that it would have been better if the launch would have been later, but well... Google did release it anyway.

I still think though that this platform has a lot of potential, especially with the family sharing and own developed games which are possibly combined with other Google products (just heard rumours of this Tower-Defense-Google Maps thing, if that is even true what some guys in the internet are posting). So if these things - and more improvements - are happening, it could be great after a while. But yeah it will be as always: A lot of people are not buying it until they see the point in having and using it. But that must not mean that Google is throwing this product away like other products, because it's not a free-product. At least I still have the hope that Google will use the potential that Stadia has to make it big and great.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I remember when Xbox launched Live service, mech assault demo, castle Wolfenstein and rainbow six (that was it) - it took about six months before the service worked. Get it, don't get it, I love it and currently have 4 free games, a Chromecast and controller for $120. If it fails well how cool is it to have tried the first real streaming platform that everyone is talking about. Also I joined a great community of gamers (seems Stadia owners are not whiners like most gamers) on Discord which I would not have found. Thanks Google

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I remember in the early years of the original Xbox, thinking Microsoft wouldn't make it.  They made their own mistakes, had too small of a community, PlayStation was better, etc. 

They got through a tough but expected road while entering a new market.  Now they're a major player.  

While pioneering an entirely new way of delivering games, I would expect Google to also have challenges and successes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Chufu @DROID @PerAsperAdAstra 
The problem for Google is that XBox and PS and even PC gaming is fully established now. When those services launched things were much different and much less competitive. So they had time to work. I don't think this service is DOA in six weeks. But I do agree this has been a shaky start and they need to do better.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I don't know about you guys but I'm quite enjoying Stadia. It is not perfect, but I've still got a lot of fun out of it already. Sure, there are a lot of things I would like to see improved and implemented but that should come in time. If it doesn't then it might be a problem, it has been only 2 weeks since launch though. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@DROID 

The first real streaming platform was OnLive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

They could have avoided 99% of all of the bad hype and dissatisfaction if they had just called it "Early Access" instead of making it look like some kind of launch.

Also the level of miscommunications and foibles they have made makes me question whether their marketing and sales teams even know anything about gaming. It just seems like there is just a huge disconnect between what their techs/developers were doing or intended, and how marketing/product packaging was created around that. As though the marketing people were just transferred in from the mobile phone dept. or something and were told, "Ok, now you are going to do something for Gaming!"

Because they really showed that they did not know how to present the "project" to end customers (gamers). How could they not know that people would be pissed about games with lower graphical settings than PCs, and set expectations for that? How could they not realize that to gamers, a "launch" means "codes on day 1"? Again, why even call it a "launch" instead of "Early Access"? It's just baffling to me how they could approach it like this.

It's unfortunate, because my experience with the product has been great.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

They could of or should of done what XCLOUD is doing - people expect a good service but I am seeing frequently from other users the "What did you expect" comment quite a bit, and I'm assuming GOOGLE loves this type of user because they take what they are given, there is also high expectations since this is probably the richest or one of the richest companies on the entire planet...THERE is so much to this

I'm all for the people asking these questions I want STADIA on point, better then seeing 23091210930219031289023198312092390123312902318 pictures of people using STADIA on a laptop. lol

People also absolutely crap on XBOX ONE launch for being all about sports sports sports, movies movies - it pretty much crippled xbox one for a few years, phil spencer turned that ship around because he listened to what the people wanted.

Hell the return of MS games on PC and the success of HALO on steam have been fantastic.

0 Kudos