cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

This could be bad for Stadia

Jump to solution

Netflix plan to reduce quality of streaming to help the burden on ISP's in Europe:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51968302

Now if Netflix are doing that good luck keeping 4k etc on stadia or maybe even 1080p and to think when getting this and people said but what if the internet goes off I would say if that happens its because the world has ended.

1 Kudo
1 Solution
Community Member

Google can close Youtube

b74fe9e4ece908c6b2af92a00630cf10_XL.jpg

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
12 Replies
Community Member

People we are in a pandemic

Most of the strain on the internet is now caused from people that are working/ studying from home ( too not spread this virus too fast).

So if we do not get the best quality stream on services like Netflix and maybe even  soon Stadia... just deal with it

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
0 Kudos
Community Member

@Nightcrow 

Call me selfish, but i won't pay for something which i don't get, pandemic or not. If netflix wants to lower stream quality, fine, but adjust the price of the tiers in europe, or i would cancel the sub (im no netflix user, just for instance) .  If google wants to do the same, they can but without my pro sub, thats for sure. GFN is the same. 

But nothing is set in stone yet. We will have to wait and watch the situation carefully. Also stay clean fellas. Wash your hands everytime after you go shopping, while at work with others, etc. and stay @ home if thats possible.  And you should be fine.And like whito already wrote, don't panic!

0 Kudos
Community Member

I dont get it, how dose limited quality Netflix streaming help with corona....

If the isp get down then they did a pritty bad job. I paid for full Service/quality so i have a right to use them full. If they want to limit somthing then they also have to change the price.

What is the next rip of, the train are blocked with signs "because of corna pls use a taxi" yah i have a pre paid train ticket but **bleep** happens.

If i cant use Netflix in 4k and still have too pay the full price sombody will get sued!

0 Kudos
Community Member

Well @Dekat as someone who has no professional opinion only using common sense the more people unable to work means more people at  home using the internet, the internet is nothing more than wiring and power connecting everything to make it work and if less people able to maintain the connections and more people using then it will eventually overload... Also your reply is very selfish thinking of only yourself, just saying.

0 Kudos
Community Member

The Internet is doing what it should, the problem is that the isp have bull**bleep** hardware and that they dont want to invest money.

They know Something like these will happen in the futur and they ignored it and also there are lot of privates Connection and oversee cabel which a not nearly half in use!

To limit the normal user services would only be the most cost saveing solution for them.

I dont think its selfish, i just dont like the idear that i should pay for there greed. There are a lot of better solutions but they would cost a lot. And if they realy need to limited Something because of corna then they also have to adjust the price, dont you think so?

Here in Europa the goverment is closing all bars,hotels Restaurants, coffes,.... because of the virus, the owner of them dont get anything for the time they have to close but they still have too pay there bills and salarys soo what do you think is gona to happen to them or there employes?  Is it selfish to want a little bit Support or adjustmet for there loses?

0 Kudos
Community Member

Well @Dekat first off governments all over Europe are dipping into reserves to help cover deficits, in UK it’s 300 billion to help businesses survive, secondly your idea that you have some right to sue Netflix over what, £8 for 30 days of reduced service is pathetic, get a grip it’s the greater good time not your internet running properly or getting 4K Netflix, done with you already, carry on with your pursuit....

0 Kudos
Community Member

Indeed, this was being discussed on the radio, before the Netflix announcement.  There was a discussion about people changing options on apps to lower quality of streamed content.  I was listening in, thinking about the amount of data used to stream 4K content through Stadia ....  I mean, its vastly more data I believe than a 4K movie ...

1 Kudo
Community Member

Yeah @matzy I'm no expert in internet things like everyone claims to be nowadays but I'd think 4k Netflix uses some type of compression and decompresses by the the time video is ready to appear on screen but stadia is streamed in real time which I'd imagine uses way more data.

1 Kudo
Community Member

I agree that streaming Stadia uses more data, but realistically ... how many users does Stadia have, 35k? 40k?

What real impact can it have?

Everything helps of course Then we have these channels

All its content is speaking, at 4K ... 4K !!!!

https://youtu.be/ErhSDHiJJ28

Then we have channels with mental retardation like this

https://youtu.be/c9gvBaJWpD4

Does humanity really need this right now? How do you want Google not to be sarcastic with you?

Did you think you were going to succeed in the world of video games for all the streamers and youtubers who are dedicated to the world of gaming? I will tell you a secret, subs are obtained by giving subxsub and twitch 70% of their traffic are bots. Gamers hate youtubers and streamers Did you think that giving away founders editions would be used to play Stadia?

Please there are people in very important sectors keeping the economy afloat, managing operations of millions of $

We need the network to maintain the system.

Oh please ban me fast, i'm going to sleep I'm just angry right now

Good night o/

0 Kudos
Community Member

Google can close Youtube

b74fe9e4ece908c6b2af92a00630cf10_XL.jpg

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

Not sure if that was sarcasm but actually a valid point.

1 Kudo
Community Member

It's not sarcasm, we don't need YouTube right now. It's true I hate lazy YouTubers who live off my taxes.

They can go down to 720p or Just letting the accredited media stream or simply demonetizing content would reduce traffic by 70% Youtube is an automated system, practically no employee would be affected.

That if Google would stop receiving money from sports betting advertising, which is the great mass of its advertising along with Google Play.

I can see this from happening when Trump is being given our cameras, microphones and geolocation in exchange for not being affected by the crisis.

Trumpi please save us, our millions please!!!

Stadia has no users no download Stadia has no impact on the network.

But since it won't happen, I'll keep eating cookies.

0 Kudos