cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Think I'm done with stadia

I thought this platform was the future and hung around for a bit but recently I'm just finding it meh, its pretty lame and the thought of going back to Xbox to play the likes of Dark Souls, FIFA 20, Forza 4 etc. local is too appealing also the player base is never going to grow here either.

It's a shame there are things that could've kept me longer but it is what it is, anyone else feeling the same recently?

2 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Come back later then? It's not like you're selling your Stadia console. Lol. We are all waiting for new games and features. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

OK guys obviously this thread is too much for some, for the people I made relationships with this is my favourite moment my entire life....

https://youtu.be/SLjIg_q80CU

I was Argah, take care guys will delete bookmark and never return, have a good one 😉

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@ARGAH please do not take offence of what I said.

That being said, I like the audacity, the innovation.

Take the PS5 and the XSX, what innovation do they bring...? NONE, same old just with better graphic, and better graphic means larger games, larger games mean longer download and having to constantly uninstall games to install new ones... Do you know how large the next flight simulator is...? No consumer pc on earth can store this game in full... 2 Million Gb... 2 freaking million gb.. 20k terabytes...

I do not see how one can get rid of Stadia because you do not buy it, you just buy the game and play...

• There is a rumour about project chimera (using machine learning to make games... That mean if I understood correctly that even small team of 14 devs can make a game like World of warcraft in record time because the machine will take care of creating the assets and devs can focus on game logic).
  • Apparently (still a rumour so...) Stadia gen 2 run games better than the XSX, but I guess the 8k will eat lot of data).
  • I can put my hard earned money on something more useful than a $5-$700 console or a $3000 gaming PC because gaming is a non productive activity so spending that much is an non sense unless you earn money of it.
  • Stadia runs on powerful data center, so we can really imagine a giant battle royal of hundreds if not thousands players at once
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Nice ARGAH moment I will always remember you although I sincerely hope to see you again. I also love soccer and my most beautiful moment was watching Messi and Ronaldinho play against Inter Milan, and my niece plays for the Argentina national team.

The thread is fine, express what one feels and see if others are also going through something similar or just became paranoid.

A Megacorporation like Google does not pay attention to opinions or feelings, they only understand numbers and profits.

Believe me it is not wrong to express anything, people talk with their credit card and that is what is damaging Stadia.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@ARGAH Great video. I’m an English man living in Scotland, so ever time Scotland win or England loose I hear about it from all my coworkers...! That said, I always hope for a Scotland win (except if playing England) and love to see France loose, so that video is spot on!

My thoughts on the topic, I think Stadia has a lot of potential that hasn’t been explored yet. Personally I’m happy just playing games so it works well for me but I can understand the frustration when you want something to be great and for some reason the features that seem like they should be easy to implement have not been (e.g. family sharing)...

@Whito  I was wondering where you had been...welcome back!!

I think it would be great if a few of us organised some times that we can be online on a certain game for multiplayer. I always need some help in destiny...as @Streamer events demonstrated...I am not so good at D2! 

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Yeah I'm back PUBG baby cross play with console, funny how things can change just when you're about to lose hope 🙂

4 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

🎉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

platform is young takes time to grow. EA as a supporter is also a huge win for stadia though, we just have to wait unfortunately. But stadia isn't going anywhere, just use it when you want it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

agree

0 Kudos