cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Think I'm done with stadia

I thought this platform was the future and hung around for a bit but recently I'm just finding it meh, its pretty lame and the thought of going back to Xbox to play the likes of Dark Souls, FIFA 20, Forza 4 etc. local is too appealing also the player base is never going to grow here either.

It's a shame there are things that could've kept me longer but it is what it is, anyone else feeling the same recently?

2 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

then stop playing then, no need to tell strangers on the internet that you are done...

You just fail to see beyond today... Stadia is not a today's platform but a tomorrow one... This is what keeping me here; I see how it can be later. 

On Xbox I have : 

• Watchdog 2
  • GTA V
  • RDR 2
  • UFC 3
  • Wildland
  • Breakpoint

But recently canceled gamepass.

But i do not touch it anymore... It is not either this or that, it is not like you have to buy Stadia, you just buy the game.

The last time I downloaded a game on the One S, I realized why i did not want to touch it anymore...

I wanted to compare Destiny 2 on both platform... On Stadia, I just claimed it and played right away...

On Xbox.... Gees, 100gb, I had to make room so I removed many games then started the download and went to sleep... The next day I check the download and... It stopped, other games downloaded updates so I did not have enough spaces anymore... I gave up and went on playing destiny 2 on my laptop then went back to my room and switched to the phone.

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@jayo2k we could write a book on how much you go on about why you stopped playing Xbox, if you don't like it don't tell strangers on the internet, jeez....

You see what I did there? Jokes aside stadia is supposed to be now because I play it now, onlive back in 2010 was packed with way more features than this.

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I disagree, respectfully.  I have came from PlayStation and Xbox as well as PC gaming and I don't look at stadia as replacing any of them.....yet.  I'm enjoying stadia for what it is, a decent platform that "could" be a lot better as features roll out.  I think Google missed a couple key areas.  1. Didn't release a dedicated tv box that does both stream movies as well as a stadia hub.  2.  No MAJOR exclusives (why would someone abandon Xbox or PlayStation for games they probably already own?).  They have the resources and money, Google should have invested in a massive multiplayer exclusive (such as world of  Warcraft or ESO.  Hate it or love it has WOW still a massive player base) and this would have brought people to stadia.

I am giving it time.  New gaming platform with a lot of potential.  Patience will be key.  Let's see what 4/28 announcement brings.  Hang in there.  Don't replace any consoles full time but see where stadia goes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

It definitely need time... The xbox series x and ps5 have no exclusives at all and that will last for at least 1 - 2 years... So established companies can launch a new console without exclusive is fine but for google it is not?

@ARGAH "stadia is supposed to be now because I play it now"... Failing to see tomorrow is exactly the issues with today's society and what lead to massive people rushing to food banks early in the pandemic... They fail to see beyond today...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@jayo2k not sure if your response is to my post about exclusive.  I didn't say it was ok for xb or ps not to have an exclusive but not ok for Google.  Maybe I wrote it in a bad way to come across like that.  What I meant was Google "could have" had an MMO exclusive to bolster it's player base.  It simply would have helped it's cause.

I don't play anything but PC any longer and haven't for a while.  I game stadia a few months and gave it a whirl, been s short time but I like it and plan to ride the waves.  I don't see myself with an Xbox series x or ps5 for many reasons but mainly I like the idea of stadia at this point. Loading from chrome has been very simple.  I'm more of a digital purchaser anyways and have been for a handful of years.  Some like physical media, I simply do not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@jayo2k would you care to explain what you envisage the future of stadia bringing?

I know you said all you care about us click play and ease of access, that is now and of course you are content.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Today my Wasabi controller has finally arrived and it works perfectly smooth, so now I can play Stadia. I have already complained enough and I have told Google what I think positively and negatively about its platform and its corporation, so I do not intend to extend my comments any longer.

Now I am just a spectator with nothing to say, I have practically all the games, so I have few incentives. A few weeks ago I returned to Star Citizen and I have preordered New World, today

I had a nice offer on Alien Day and Total War Shogun 2 gift.

I will wait for what they have to say in the Stadia Direct ... but I can only hope for more promises in the future and nothing in the present.

So I will continue in the shadows.

I have participated in your thread just because you are my friend ARGAH

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Cheers @Whito I consider you and a few others as friends too and not internet strangers seen as though I've spent 4 or 5 months getting to know the few that post now and again, maybe this thread hits a nerve but been here long enough to ask fellow supporters if things are turning a little sour or so I thought....

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@ARGAH Greetings to you too 😋 I leave Matt1 and Mad Dog Bravo Chronosp and Nilas there too.

I think I've participated enough, and if you're right at least I was getting sour.

So I prefer to let new users give their feedback.

I prefer to wait and see ... and well we can continue using the blog to chat about irrelevant things like the purchase of WHO by Bill Gates 🤣🤣🤣

1 Kudo