cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

The Division 2 Launches March 17th with PC Crossplay

Pretty immersive multi-player and/or singleplayer game releasing this month. Who else will be playing?

https://9to5google.com/2020/03/03/division-2-stadia-launch/

6 Kudos
21 Replies
Community Member

Not sure I will with PC crossplay, although it's optional finding matches would be impossible without and don't fancy my chances on stadia with controller vs PC setups, PVP is my endgame and what's the point of working towards that to get wrecked by better input device's or worse cheated.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Even on stadia you will be facing many players using keyboard/mouse. For me lounge TV with controller is for relaxed immersive play, but in a computer with a mouse for intense play. To be fair, with 4 kids I get very little change to play in intense mode...

1 Kudo
Community Member

Yeah @Dratster I know there's keyboard mouse here but they are under similar network and graphics settings within Stadia so I don't mind, when you go into PC open water I wouldn't fancy our chances.

2 Kudos
Community Member

First of all you can use a kb/m setup with stadia. Second, Division isn't a twitch reflex game where a mouse is helpful. It's about planning and good positioning. Third, I regularly crush pc players in destiny and overwatch with a controller. Input device is a crutch. Where you lack with a not so needed extreme precision, you gain with better, smoother movement, and skills that sit more comfortably at your fingertips. Just get better amd let the desk jockeys have their stupid clunky pc setups.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Those stupid PC's are local device's, I honestly wouldn't fancy our chances the mouse vs controller thing is irrelevant...

https://www.pcgamer.com/heres-how-stadias-input-lag-compares-to-native-pc-gaming/

If you want to just jump in and play for the sake of it great but I like to be competitive and on an even footing, still a great thing crossplay for those who want it.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Actually I take that back, dark zone might actually be interesting as solo without crossplay on, a bit quieter with less gank squads and no way to cheat and obviously you could enable crossplay for PVE, maybe get it then.

2 Kudos
Community Member

@Bradford just get The division: Ghost recon (breakpoint) it's pretty much the same game. 

It's def not a ghost recon game anymore 😝

0 Kudos
Community Member

Oh, I already play that one. Great game, but verrrrrrry different from The Division 2. This should be a great addition to the platform for those looking to play a game with friends. Big fan of The Division here, and they also did a good job with Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

2 Kudos
Community Member

Division and Ghost Recon are not the same game, Division is a looter shooter like Borderlands, Destiny, Anthem while Ghost Recon is a survival h1z1, State of decay, Scum

And i need to say we need more optimization in Ghost Recon

0 Kudos
Community Member

I don't see the difference that's just me though. Go play ghost recon games (before wildlands because that's what started the ruin of the series) ghost recon never had gear level garbage nor weapon level nor base camp crap or abilities. I'm sorry doesn't the division have all of that? 

Also u talk about breakpoint "not" being a looter shooter? Really? U can literally ignore the missions (main or side) and do NOTHING but go on "loot" runs (aka get new guns or gun attachments etc) how is that not a "looter shooter"? Especially because of, again, the gear level garbage lol u always have to go "looting" for higher gear/weapons. In other words they turned ghost recon into an RPG shooter aka what the division or defiance literally do.

I'm not saying the division is a bad game but ubisofts problem is they are clearly trying to merge the success of that game into the ghost recon series. PLENTY of things in breakpoint that u will find the same comparisons to in the division yet when it comes to things that made ghost, ghost (terrorist hunts. No rpg abilities or gear lvl garbage it was a straight up shooter)a lot of that is absent from the game.

You both also mentioned how u like the division games so that COULD be a big factor as to why u don't have any issues with breakpoint or see them. N why u prob enjoy the game just as much as the division games.

I'm not alone though, this game didn't to do well in reviews nor ratings It didn't score high and it was considered a failure not a success. All I'm saying is I can see why because it doesn't feel like a ghost recon game in any way anymore It feels a lot more like a division game than a Ghost recon game.

That's ubisoft's problem they want to keep ruining their games from killing rainbow Six (by making it a watered down PVP only game, rather than what it used to be a full campaign PVP and PVE AKA terrorist hunt mode, and why there are still plenty people till this day playing Vegas 2 on a computer or even the PS3 because that is the REAL last good rainbow six game) and now they're doing the same with the Ghost recon franchise by making it into this RPG looter shooter that feels a lot more like a hybrid of the division than anything like Ghost recon used to do. From the base camps to the gear level stuff again I can make so many comparisons between breakpoint and the division. but please go play any Ghost recon game before wildlands again before Ubisoft started ruining the series and you'll see for yourself that breakpoint doesn't feel like a Ghost recon game at all and it's a lot closer to the division now.

again this is just my opinion sorry for the huge rants all the time I don't post much tho,so sometimes it's just nice to share my views and vent.again I'm glad you guys like both games I just personally was an old school Ghost recon player and I can tell you personally that it does not feel like a Ghost recon game at all The entire time I was playing I felt like I was playing the division not ghost recon.

And again I don't want to hate on the division games or say they are bad I just don't personally believe that because they are successful you should start merging them into other games such as Ghost recon and I'm sorry but that's clearly what Ubisoft is trying to do. this is just personally why I hate the division games because they are killing the Ghost recon series.

I know as someone who has played old school Ghost recon games I don't care about the looter shooter stuff I don't care about trying to find higher-level gear I'm not playing an RPG I don't need a stronger gun/sword. Or better gear/armor before I venture off into some"high level" area that if I just don't have the high enough leveled gear I'll get killed. I also personally don't care for the whole ability/perk stuff that further makes it feel like an RPG rather than just a military shooter. I don't care what "abilities" or upgrades I'm getting like dude again not fantasy not an RPG I'm not looking for my gun to start shooting out fireballs I also am not trying to "upgrade" my gun just so it can do "more damage" like just give me a gun, n leave all that rpg stuff in RPGs or in games like the division lol. Just, again stop merging them both, that's my problem with it all.

I'm sorry where I come from the Ghost recon games were pure military shooters with,survival skills realism, and most importantly tactics That's what was the bread and butter of Ghost recon and a lot of that is completely taken away from breakpoint I mean I literally can run into bases time and time again and just wipe people out because there's just no challenge It does not feel like a ghost recon game at all.

If you had the skill it didn't matter what gun you were using there were no levels to your gear or your gun It was your pure skill and your pure tactics that defined if you got the mission done or failed it That's what Ghost recon used to be.

please tell me where any of that is in break point because all I see is a clone of the division just in a jungle setting.

1 Kudo
Community Member

@Sho I completely agree with everything you say. However they are different genres

@Deathwysh 

https://youtu.be/GGm6rwWyMGw

You mean you would beat me with a controller

tenor (8).gif

1 Kudo
Community Member

Lol no idea but if I didn't, it wouldn't be because I was using a controller. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Pure military shooters are a thing of the past. The idea of no level progression and nothing to do but simply shoot people is pure garbage and a waste of money. We want constant progression, a real reason to keep playing. There is a reason why RPG's are the most played games.. Wildlands was a step in the RIGHT direction and Breakpoint carries it further. Next I want a Ghost Recon/Division persistent open-world MMORPG and leave all that stale bit from the past where it belongs.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I'll be playing!   Plan to buy on the day of.  : )

1 Kudo
Community Member

Finally Cross-Play ! Thanks God. This Is a fantastic news !

3 Kudos
Community Member

I will be picking this up on Stadia for sure. 

Really cool that it will have cross play with PC, that will make PVE matchmaking much easier. 

Also talk that UPLAY+ could be coming to Stadia sooner rather than later. 

3 Kudos
Community Member

@SeaTroot Yes, uplay+ is the thing google should aim and push for it right now. Would add many games to stadias library. Thing is, how they will handle the uplay+ sub. If its combined with the pro sub & somehow with a great offering/deal, this could be a real thing right here. Corssplay is also necessary. Stadia can't handle the wight of carying all the players through every multiplayer part obviously. Which is, what i was expecting from the beginning, it is still future tech and many people are still limited by their godamn greedy data cap providers. But thats another thing. 🙄

3 Kudos
Community Member

If uplay becomes a thing very soon then there is no reason to buy division 2 or ghost recon because they will just be included with the service. This way they get to sell us the games first 🤔

0 Kudos
Community Member

I am very glad for the cross play/save but I am very interested in the graphics settings and resolution. Will it feature ultra settings and true 4k? Will it play @60fps? My guess it that it will follow Destinys path and be upscaled, medium settings @30 fps but I hope not

0 Kudos
Community Member

Still can't believe people are so happy to jump in and play with the PC. I left PC gaming because hackers ruin nearly every **bleep** game, and The Division is one of those games. At least its reported we can opt in or out, but I feel it should be a permanent decision. I feel that if you opt in or transfer character you should be flagged as a PC player, and no longer able to play on Stadia only servers. With $3 PC copies of the game it's ripe to risk a ban to carry raids and such. Don't need that easily acquired op gear in Stadia only servers.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Really love to know what the graphics setting will be. Everything on high/ultra, I hope. Even better if it were Ultra settings and 4k@60fps

1 Kudo