cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Strange Brigade (Pro v Purchase) and the expectations of a Pro User

Hi all,

First of all, Well Done to Stadia for continuing to bring us games at a steady stream and I am looking forward to some of the AAA titles in the coming weeks and months, none more so than the PGA Tour 2K21 title later this month.

Now I do have an issue with one of the rcent releases....I must say that I am concerned to see that whilst Strange Brigade has made it's way on to Pro (hoorah!), it isn't quite the full version to claim as Pro!!!

As a Pro member, I've been hyped to hear that this is coming to Pro over the last week or so and Stadia has provided the good news about it's inclusion....but that's only half the story!

Today, I find that I can claim the 'BASE' game and if I want the full GOLD/Definitive (or whatever it is called) version, I need to fork out over 60 pounds!!!

Now I fully understand that there is a business to be run and money to be made, but surely Pro members should be getting the FULL versions of these games? The business model works in a way that Stadia wants to I guess in that if customers then buy the add-on's, they are hooked to continuing the subscription to play the base game, however I am not a fan of this approach.

If Stadia wish for me to part with cash of the equivalent to a 'recent' AAA game, then development resource time needs to be put to good use on new 'recent' games, rather than one which, and let's be honest here, can be purchased for a fraction of this cost on other store front's and played via other services for a lesser monthly amount.

So, is Strange Brigade worth the top price here? That is up to the individual, but given the cost, the length of time the game has been out and the competition for my hard-earned cash across other far newer games to consider, my money is staying put.

Suggestions:

• Provide games that are beinng offered as Pro with their full GOLD add-ons at no extra cost.
  • Concentrate on bringing games at the >60 pricepoint which are new/newer.
  • If Stadia wish to continue to provide base as opposed to full fat prior to launch, then please be honest and up front with the customer base as to what it is that Pro users will be getting- i.e. full fat, or base games and advertise accordingly in the run up to launch.

All in all, a great service guys....but a little more on enticing Pro users with full versions, being realistic on the cost of older titles and being a little more descriptive prior to launch on what we get more wouldn't go amiss 😉

1 Kudo
11 Replies
Deleted User
Not applicable

tl;dr - gamer thinks they are entitled to more free stuff

2 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Try to check the pro discounts in the next few months as Stadia is often including extra contents for their pro games there.

0 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Thanks @Nilas

I do think its overpriced though for a 2 year old game, and clearer comms from Stadia is needed as to what the Pro games contain prior to release.

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Pro game always had been the base version so here it is no need to continue to turn around and around.

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I feel you. It is overpriced on consumer's point of view since it's "old". But for a publisher who just worked on the port, it is considered a "new game". I was there when the switch received old ports and they were priced as if they were new games, it's a sad trend in the industry overall.

I really suggest waiting for a discount, unless you're really up to dig it and play massive hours just now. They will generally add the extra content after a while, and add a discount sometimes later. Patience vs marketing 🙂

0 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

@Deleted User 

They are not free tomorrow, August 2, my subscription is renewed just after I will cancel and I will get my last month 4K.

We will see if on September 3 I am entitled to free things.

1 Kudo
Deleted User
Not applicable

@Whito you'll be entitled to whatever Google says, mister, and you'll like it because what choice will you have? 😁

I shouldn't poke like this, I know, folks just expressing opinions, but I can't help myself sometimes. Good to see you are still around!

1 Kudo
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

@Deleted User 

Hahaha good I'm glad to be welcome. It still takes me a few weeks to move into my new house where I will only have 35 mbps.

I very much doubt that I can stand the pixelations. Consider that I keep fighting for you, besides Sundar was so beautiful answering in the congress that I can only love Stadia.

See you at the Next Next Gen.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I kind of agree. I think it's the same with any game, really. What we need is like super discount to upgrade to ultimate/gold edition. Now I am already a Pro member. By paying monthly fee I get those games for free. Now in order to upgrade, I end up actually buying the full game + gold version. I don't think it's very fair. If for non-pro members the gold version is £60, I think Pro members should pay like 1/3 of that price or whatever it costs to upgrade the game from base game to gold version.

Add me on Stadia: KonquererDon#2719
1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

Many games worked this way so it's not all of them that do this.

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

It's the full game.  Dlc and such are not something always included in full games. Seriously the game is fully playable and fun. 

0 Kudos