cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Highlighted
Community Member

Stop Crying... just go!

I keep seeing more and more people complaining... there's not enough games๐Ÿ˜ฉ, there's not enough sales๐Ÿ˜ฉ, I bought a game and now it's a Pro game ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ, blah, blah, blah...

I get the whole thing about being dissatisfied. I just don't get the crying about it. If you're unhappy.... then leave? Quietly? lol
Nobody wants to say it, or at least nobody who is trying to get some community status wants to say it, but the truth is no one cares if you don't like the platform. People who paid attention knew what to expect JUST A LITTLE MORE THAN 2 MONTHS into a PARTIAL LAUNCH! If you didn't know, you didn't pay attention. And if you did know, stop complaining.

Google's making more deals with other companies, they promise 120 games this year, a lot of the features will come eventually. No one's making you wait. If you're unhappy cancel before you pay any monthly fees and come back later if Google keeps its promises and the service looks a lot better. If they don't keep their promises and the service is crappy or it fails, then you'll be happy that you quit when you did before you wasted any money.

Just stop complaining... the only people reading your complaints are the other community users. The mods here don't have the power to change your Stadia experience, they can only change your forum experience! Go... quit... write letters to Google's main office telling them how bad the service is, but spare the rest of us your crying on your way out.๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹

7 Kudos
25 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

@Xevioso I made a rant/post about this as well (it was a response to a comment though) not word for word what you said but pretty much the same thing and I agree. Stadia is amazing I'm a proud founder I "own" tomb raider 1 (happily) even though they made it free. I really don't get why so many are crying but I guess you can't satisfy everyone right? I didn't want to come off mean either I was just trying to be real, like it'd true no one wants to hear it, leave, in peace, n wait for public release and hopefully by then it's the way you want it kinda thing. 

I know I'm a proud founder and I'm still happy Everytime I hop on stadia, it works for me. It does what I wanted it to do and I know it will only get better. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

No. I will complain loudly and continuously because I paid 130 euros for a beta. We were indeed expecting that everything wouldn't be ready at launch but things would have been fixed within the 3 months of free sub before they start to charge, but it will not be fixed. I am wondering why they launched this in November when nothing was ready nor planned to be fixed in the early weeks . This is a total disrespect to first buyers.
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Probably my favourite post so far. The complaining is killing me slowly....!
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

What and waste 20 + good days of being able to complain ? (never ^^)

But on a serious note if Google actually had a working Stadia PR/marketing department in place, i think it would have been a lot less crying. (This launch reminds me of bad project management from the marketing team and or most of the new MMO launches ).

The word half-assed comes to mind....

Sure Stadia do have a lot of potential and it will be very interesting on seeing if Google will be able to promote it in the upcoming weeks.

But if it will be 20+ more days of complete silence without any movement and or updates i actually do think a lot will ... just go ๐Ÿ˜‰

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 ๐Ÿ™‚
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Well, maybe some of them trying to appear in some of their favourite Youtuber rant Videos (by them reading the community and reddit posts) about stadia, who knows? ๐Ÿ˜Ž
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Nilas Honestly this isn't even directed at guys like you (although I disagree with what you said here). It's fine to complain if that's not ALL you do. And also I'm sick of the people who keep threatening to leave and never leave! And people are just getting ridiculous now. People are posting to ask if they should cancel, to say they are going to cancel, even to claim that they HAVE canceled... then GO AWAY! Get off the forum! 

And I actually think this is solid advice I'm giving to people who truly are unhappy, for 2 reasons. First, if they are truly unhappy, if the go ahead and cancel, they won't lose any money, because everybody is suddenly very concerned about having to pay the upcoming monthly subscription. So cancel if you hate it, come back later if it's better, and stay away if it's not. Then you won't lose anything. Second, and even more important, your complaints don't mean anything to Google. There's like 3 mods MAX on this forum, and they have no power to do anything. They barely even talk to us, lol! But guess what Google WOULD care about? They would care if people actually started canceling subscriptions! That's an actual loss of users and money! 

Where I think you're wrong in your post here is when you said

"We were indeed expecting that everything wouldn't be ready at launch but things would have been fixed within the 3 months of free sub before they start to charge" 

Who is we? I didn't expect that. I expected to get hardware, buddy passes, a nice name with the founder's badge next to it, and 3 free months of service. Not only did I get that, I also got 6 games free with 2 more coming this weekend!
Google never said Stadia would all be up and working before they started charging people. They haven't even released an official date yet when the platform is going to open up to everyone. If they thought everything was going to be up and running in 3 months they would have said that much at least. That was YOUR expectation, it's not something Google ever claimed. But still, I've seen you post positive stuff too, and I don't think I've seen you threatening to cancel. This is specifically aimed to those people who come on threatening to cancel and claiming nothing works, and there's not enough games, and they don't want to pay... they should just GO AWAY. It will be better for everyone.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

have you thought that if we are complaining it is because we like stadia and we want to stay, but google doesn't give us any excuse

To begin with, when I bought it (by the way, I'm a founder) I didn't see anywhere that this was a beta. I bought it ppr that I was really interested in games that could only come out in the cloud ... but there is not an example of things you can do in the cloud and not on a PC (more orcs? more coxhes in one career often joke)

So, in truth, this gives me doubts about its legality. "You heathen you can play that this is what stadia does" and there is nothing ... you say that this is ok? charge for half of the promised service?

that's another one, they announced a few exit games, people complained and they took out a few more ... that was all they had prepared ?? That were his forecasts?

I mean, we have a platform with no games, no promised functions and no ads in the future ... was it really ready to go?
we don't deserve to know anything ?? is this what we can expect from google ?? .... but yes, paying from now (we pay full price for half the service)

is that **bleep**, I compare with facebook and oculus with google and stadia and it is to cry

I am going to tell you something, if the studios do not see interest, they do not take games, if there are no stadia players there will be no games ... I do not know if you know wiiu or psvita, ouya, the vr ... Google really did not expect anything from this??

and don't misunderstand me, I don't complain about grace or Chris, they do what they can with what they have, but I feel very disappointed with what it could be and what it is. and I blame alphabet and google

but if all this is fine for you, after **bleep**ing mother, enjoy while you can

but if I don't know how pending you go on the news, but last January 8 they hired their first designer for the first stadia studio XDDDD to the first XDD so maybe their first game comes out within 4 or 5 if They want to do it well and without haste. XD
https://stadiafy.com/noticias/google-stadia-contrata-a-su-primer-artista-conceptual/

De Espaรฑa
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Xevioso All I can say is preach! I agree it gets really frustrating seeing the Stadia hate constantly. No one is forcing you to be here.

Pick up your bags and don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

#BlackLivesMatter
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

All game forums have been ruined with negativity nowadays, OG forums there was friendships now it's just people jumping in complaining, people that can't be bothered pretty much dropped using forums and left them to die with the negativity that gets a pat on the back from other negative people.
0 Kudos