cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Highlighted
Community Member

Stadia pro doesn't work

Dear guys, I've a Stadia Pro account but I can't select the pro mode via app or browser. My Stadia works only in 1080px or 720p like the free version.... why?

Please help, I've paid for this ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @zerg,

what exactly doesn't work there? Are you not able to choose the 4K or does an error message appear or something else?

The normal way to activate 4K for the browser for example is the following:

1. Make sure you have the Chrome Browser active on the Monitor that has the possibility to run 4K.
  2. Go to stadia.google.com.
  3. Left-Click on your Avatar in the top right corner.
  4. Choose "Stadia Settings"
  5. Choose "Performance" on the left side.
  6. Choose the resolution 4K. If 4K is disabled, it might be that your device does not support 4K (requirements see here).

Do you also have just purchased Stadia Pro or do you have it for longer? I was just thinking it might be if you have just purchased it, that your payment is maybe not through yet and that's why you can't enable that setting.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

4k doesn't work on the app because your phone doesn't support 4k. Try Stadia on a Chromecast or chrome web browser with a 4k compatible device. You should see the 4k setting there. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

And on a 2k display? Will I only play in 1080p? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Yes, if your device doesn't support 4K, the resolution you can play in would be 1080p (or lower).

0 Kudos