cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Stadia is dead?

Jump to solution

Ge force now supports ray tracing, has access to steam and other game libraries, it is cheaper and more powerfull. Stadia poor 4k performance, no ios mobile option and just a few games in the library. Do you think stadia is dead? I will try ge force now and if latency is fine i will cxx stadia subscription....to pay 10 eur for what is offering now stadia is dissapointing.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

@Xevioso @Dratster That's correct, im not currently a subscriber, just waiting for the free version. IMO, its a shame Stadia launched the way it did, it seems to now quite a bit of negativity attached to the name. 

Also, would it not be possible to play Football Manager with mouse/keyboard via my Chromebook? That's the way anyone would usually play FM on Steam, would seem very strange to be forced to play with controller for a game like FM on PC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Not officially, but it's not moving or breathing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Josh261995 yes you can play any game with just keyboard/mouse on a chrome browser. That is the magic of staida 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm a Stadia found, GFN subscriber, Shadow subscriber.

The grass is always greener on these communities.

GFN is a mess. Sometimes it's great, other times not so much. Right now on the GFN reddit people are really annoyed because all of Activision's games just got pulled from the service. You can't play Rockstar games like RDR2 on there. There are other developers who also don't allow their games on GFN.

Some games run great on GFN. But like I can play Metro Exodus on GFN at 1080P with RTX, or I can play on Stadia at 4K. Kind of personal preference, really. 

The Division 2, on GFN, I can't even activate DX12 and the game won't run on higher than Medium settings. Again, hit or miss. We'll see how it runs on Stadia next month, I guess. 

For me (and this is going to vary from person to person depending on their ISP and other factors), GFN tends to be a blurry mess during prime time (tho if I use it during the day it works great).

I feel like GFN launched when it did because Nvidia wanted to pull in some revenue while Stadia is still a small player in this space. Small in terms of subscribers and library, I mean. Obviously Google isn't small. 

Stadia doesn't have a huge library of games right now, but it just WORKS. GFN, you never know what is going to happen when you sit down to play. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I think its quite telling that, whilst still in beta, xCloud already have a beta app to stream games to iOS devices.  I just tried it - you only have access to the one game (Halo Collection) ... but it works **bleep** well.

I am already a big fan of gamepass ... so the idea of being able to stream those games to all my devices?  That is pretty awesome really. Well, its not just awesome - its a bit of a game-changer if you ask me.  I already use gamepass on my PC, on my Xbox occasionally ... being able to use it on my phone, iPad and TV?  Yes please.  Its a shame that whilst Stadia appeared to have a headstart, there hasnt been much movement on the devices you can stream to at this time.

0 Kudos