Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fink
Community Member

Stadia is dead?

Jump to solution

Ge force now supports ray tracing, has access to steam and other game libraries, it is cheaper and more powerfull. Stadia poor 4k performance, no ios mobile option and just a few games in the library. Do you think stadia is dead? I will try ge force now and if latency is fine i will cxx stadia subscription....to pay 10 eur for what is offering now stadia is dissapointing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exroath
Community Member

Re: Stadia is dead?

Jump to solution

If the best thing about stadia is the community... it's dead.

Honestly it's not going to last the year, just look at how the official voices have stop posting. 

Theres no releases on what should be an easy port.

Most of the launch titles are still unreleased.

It's dead and it deserves to be dead.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Chufu Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Jump to solution

@Exroath When I think about how many Google products have been sentenced to death and how many actually survived and become better and better... think again about it when having Stadia in mind.

Even though now there are not many titles on the platform, as soon as there are, this might give a good boost to the platform. And also as soon as Stadia base is released maybe as well.

It's so easy to say that a specific platform or game is "dead", because it's not running well at the beginning, but that is not actually the case with all of them. And Stadia so far runs pretty well for me at least, so I don't see the point in complaining (okay, there are not many titles yet on it, but that's an issue that'll be fixed soon).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
20tw3ntee
Community Member

Jump to solution

Stadia has such potential that is unrealized. And the service had so many things promised that went undelivered. I get that developers are responsible for some of it but I’m talking about features of the service itself. So here is my breakdown of competitors. 

XCloud- Existing library of games, regular additions, play games you own, stream from about anything

Geforce Now- Your library anywhere (of PC games if available on the service,) play on about anything

Shadow- Your existing PC library, play on about anything, pretty much a full PC that you can access anywhere. 

In order to compete with these services Google has got to get its service up to snuff. It needs to deliver its free tier, push developers to maintain version parity with other platforms and above all it needs to COMMUNICATE with players about WHEN the features promised are coming. I hate to say it but I’m losing faith in Stadia and the term “buyer’s remorse” keeps popping up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xevioso
Community Member

Jump to solution

@Exroath I can't agree that Stadia is dead... It's not and Google is making plenty of multi-year deals with companies to make sure it won't die anytime soon.

But you're on point about this community forum. The official Google staff almost never post or reply. The forum "rooms" are poorly done, there still not even a dedicated room to discuss gaming and gaming issues. That all happens here in the "general" forum and actual gaming talk gets buried by these posts by people who have given up on the platform.

There's more posts to be found about the state of Stadia than actual gameplay. It's a joke.

I am hopeful that at some point the community will get absorbed into the actual app so it's not a separate website, so that only actual Stadia accounts can post in the forum, and so that they can create a real range of discussion rooms, including one for gameplay.

I guess we'll see if any of that happens. I sure hope it does.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nightcrow
Community Member

Jump to solution

@Exroath 

Forum is not dead but probably more like in a coma..

Google's 1st RULE: You do not talk about Stadia

Google's. 2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about Stadia 

Google's. 3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight put some crap out on the blogg

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
1 Kudo
Highlighted
SecretCode
Community Member

Jump to solution

This is the wrong place to ask is stadia is dead no one will say that about it here or in the stadia/r/ right now it's not very good, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone I would actually wait for a few years until they have a refined library of games and stacked with features that are undeniable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Josh261995
Community Member

Jump to solution

For what its worth, im out here waiting for free base Stadia so i can buy and start playing some Football Manager on my Chromebook, until then im not touching Stadia at all!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dratster
Community Member

Jump to solution

Then why don't you buy Football Manager now while you have access to the store through your Pro subscription, then allow your subscription to lapse, but you will still be able to play Football Manager as you own it, and I presume still be able to purchase other games.  It is like a shortcut to the freebase.

I am assuming as you are here you are a Pro subscriber either as an early adopter or because you got a buddy pass, but I could be wrong...

0 Kudos
Xevioso
Community Member

Jump to solution

@Dratster no, it sounds like he's a non member. Says he's waiting to play in his Chromebook, I'm guessing with an Xbox or other controller. So he's waiting for the free version to launch then he's going to buy football manager. 

At least he's waiting though and not complaining. I feel like there would've been a lot less complaints if people had waited for the free version to launch or waited to see how the platform grows before deciding to sign up.

I never expected it to be much early on, so I'm pretty happy and I think it still has a long way to go. But there's so many people complaining that I think they just expected too much too soon. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nightcrow
Community Member

Jump to solution

@Xevioso 

I do not think it is the amount of things unfinished is why most people complain.

It is the lack of "what seems to be  the too give a **** from Google side "

Last official announcement is 16 Dec from Stadia ( blogg is not part of official announcement)

Blogg is basically a pro promotion with no binding strings attached.

Last update on the Stadia app is  from 16 Jan.

Facebook stadia  was promoting  AOT 2 last week that was released Christmas and today it is metro exodus.

And this is suppose to be in the starting up phase of something....

We have 0 movement on the main forum from people involved.

And after all that then we can start discussing missing content and games ( I was expecting missing functionality and that that things would take time)

But didn't expect this type of unprofessional behavior and the total panic on the total lack on pr marketing on a something that should be starting moving out from the starting pit 

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
0 Kudos