Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fink
Community Member

Stadia is dead?

Jump to solution

Ge force now supports ray tracing, has access to steam and other game libraries, it is cheaper and more powerfull. Stadia poor 4k performance, no ios mobile option and just a few games in the library. Do you think stadia is dead? I will try ge force now and if latency is fine i will cxx stadia subscription....to pay 10 eur for what is offering now stadia is dissapointing.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
ChronosP
Community Member

Re: Stadia is dead?

Jump to solution

first things first, don't be to excited about GFN. I use stadia and geforce now simultaniously and at the moment im subscribed to both services. I used Geforce now a long time as a beta tester and you need to understand that both services are different. Geforce now let you stream pc games from steam, epic, battlenet and use cross saves to save your gameplay. It is not a platform where you actually "own" those games (like stadia) and let you play them like you want. For instance, they can remove every game at any time as they wish (request of the publishers), which they did often enough in the past and you cannot play them anymore on GFN. They are lacking triple A titles aswell (last title added "Modern Warfare 2019") im really curious how long it will take for people to start riots there aswell, because of the lack of big publisher titles. Second: The pricing of GFN (5<> Bucks) just lasts for a Year, after that time it will eventually rise and at the worst case it will fall back to the previously hated 25$ for 20 hour gameplay plan. The image quality on stadia is better in my eyes. And its not just 4k it also has HDR which is missing on GFN. GFN also cannot really show these raytracing effects because of the few titles which are actually using it.

To stadia, i hope they will bring something in the next weeks. Coz this radio silence annoys me like you. I give GFN and stadia both time till april this year. If then nothing changes, i will cancel both and go back to shadow cloud. 

To make things clear. For a streaming services. Stadia is the  overall best cloud service of them in my eyes. In terms of image quality, accessibility etc.  But the lack of updates, communication, missing roadmap, games, discounts is really not vital for this service anymore. 

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Nilas
Community Member

Jump to solution

Stadia isn't dead.

And GFN will not kill it. It's just not good enough. Everything it has is a larger compatibles game list on launch. The user experience is nowhere near as good as Stadia.

When Stadia launches its base tier, youtube features, and gets the new games rolling, they'll eat it. When every services will have exclusive games, GFN will be behind with nothing. The world will realize we don't need a remote desktop in the cloud bringing no valuable content when the other ones exist.

3 Kudos
24 Replies
Highlighted
Fink
Community Member

Stadia is dead?

Jump to solution

Ge force now supports ray tracing, has access to steam and other game libraries, it is cheaper and more powerfull. Stadia poor 4k performance, no ios mobile option and just a few games in the library. Do you think stadia is dead? I will try ge force now and if latency is fine i will cxx stadia subscription....to pay 10 eur for what is offering now stadia is dissapointing.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
ChronosP
Community Member

Jump to solution

first things first, don't be to excited about GFN. I use stadia and geforce now simultaniously and at the moment im subscribed to both services. I used Geforce now a long time as a beta tester and you need to understand that both services are different. Geforce now let you stream pc games from steam, epic, battlenet and use cross saves to save your gameplay. It is not a platform where you actually "own" those games (like stadia) and let you play them like you want. For instance, they can remove every game at any time as they wish (request of the publishers), which they did often enough in the past and you cannot play them anymore on GFN. They are lacking triple A titles aswell (last title added "Modern Warfare 2019") im really curious how long it will take for people to start riots there aswell, because of the lack of big publisher titles. Second: The pricing of GFN (5<> Bucks) just lasts for a Year, after that time it will eventually rise and at the worst case it will fall back to the previously hated 25$ for 20 hour gameplay plan. The image quality on stadia is better in my eyes. And its not just 4k it also has HDR which is missing on GFN. GFN also cannot really show these raytracing effects because of the few titles which are actually using it.

To stadia, i hope they will bring something in the next weeks. Coz this radio silence annoys me like you. I give GFN and stadia both time till april this year. If then nothing changes, i will cancel both and go back to shadow cloud. 

To make things clear. For a streaming services. Stadia is the  overall best cloud service of them in my eyes. In terms of image quality, accessibility etc.  But the lack of updates, communication, missing roadmap, games, discounts is really not vital for this service anymore. 

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Nilas
Community Member

Jump to solution

Stadia isn't dead.

And GFN will not kill it. It's just not good enough. Everything it has is a larger compatibles game list on launch. The user experience is nowhere near as good as Stadia.

When Stadia launches its base tier, youtube features, and gets the new games rolling, they'll eat it. When every services will have exclusive games, GFN will be behind with nothing. The world will realize we don't need a remote desktop in the cloud bringing no valuable content when the other ones exist.

3 Kudos

All Replies
Highlighted
PatMan
Community Member

Jump to solution

Bye.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
ChronosP
Community Member

Jump to solution

3 Kudos
Matt1
Community Member

Jump to solution

Pointless post given it’s on a Stadia community.....yawn.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Nilas
Community Member

Jump to solution

Stadia isn't dead.

3 Kudos
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

Jump to solution

I been looking over GeForce now and honestly the whole thing seems a mess bound for failure, it's doing too many things at once for today, it's over complicated for what most want and messy also Google will just buy them out as direct competition if need be by making the best games exclusive to this platform, also look at all the problems on the forum....

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ChronosP
Community Member

Jump to solution

@ARGAH  "also look at all the problems on the forum...."

This, exactly. Like i wrote before, i used geforce now since 2018 and it was good platform at that time even in the beta phase. They almost had all big publishers onboard, and had unsupported games enabled which gave them a huge boost overall. You could almost play everything you wanted. But then came the big break, publishers removed their games from GFN, the connection was getting worse because the playersbase was growing to fast for them (free beta), problems with different platforms like epic and battlenet (even at full launch now, you have to nightmare yourself through all this menues) literally it went worse time after time. And now they released their beta app as full version, calling it "founders edition" how funny from them,. without any backups from the publishers. So mark my words, they will probably face the same sh*tstorm stadia got now, within the next few month, because they simply can't deliver anything atm to their fanbase.

Most of them want GTA V and Monster Hunter back, yeah good luck with that one..   And by writing that, i don't mean that in an evil way or something. I would even give these games to them to be honest, because everyone is eventually paying for playing games on stadia and on GFN and at the moment none of these services cant deliver anything. So i hope that changes soon. Still have hope though. 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xevioso
Community Member

Jump to solution

@Fink Yes! Stadia is dead... Finished. It's totally not going to be able to compete with GFN or any of the other services out there for that matter. You should tell ALL your like-minded friends that Stadia is dead and that there's absolutely no reason why you or them should ever post on this forum tied to a dead platform. It's a total waste of your valuable time because as Stadia continues its slow death, the forum is also dead. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you don't have the right to share your thoughts and opinions. I'm just agreeing with you. And since I agree with you I feel like what's the point visiting the forum of a dead product right? Total waste of time. You should totally focus on posting over in GFNs forum because that's a much, much better product with a long future ahead of it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ktd
Community Member

Jump to solution

Maybe not dead but Stadia isn’t healthy.

863A0095-1E9B-4543-BCEA-E3CA46F1AA3B.jpeg

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Fink
Community Member

Jump to solution

Thanks for the answers. I have tested GFN and Stadia is much better at the moment. For my pleasure if stadia puts some triple AAA games and activate the function for ios i will feel totally happy. AAA games sell consoles for the masses like COD and FIFAs.... thanks for the input. The best thing in stadia is the community!

0 Kudos