cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Stadia is dead?

Jump to solution

Ge force now supports ray tracing, has access to steam and other game libraries, it is cheaper and more powerfull. Stadia poor 4k performance, no ios mobile option and just a few games in the library. Do you think stadia is dead? I will try ge force now and if latency is fine i will cxx stadia subscription....to pay 10 eur for what is offering now stadia is dissapointing.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions
Community Member

first things first, don't be to excited about GFN. I use stadia and geforce now simultaniously and at the moment im subscribed to both services. I used Geforce now a long time as a beta tester and you need to understand that both services are different. Geforce now let you stream pc games from steam, epic, battlenet and use cross saves to save your gameplay. It is not a platform where you actually "own" those games (like stadia) and let you play them like you want. For instance, they can remove every game at any time as they wish (request of the publishers), which they did often enough in the past and you cannot play them anymore on GFN. They are lacking triple A titles aswell (last title added "Modern Warfare 2019") im really curious how long it will take for people to start riots there aswell, because of the lack of big publisher titles. Second: The pricing of GFN (5<> Bucks) just lasts for a Year, after that time it will eventually rise and at the worst case it will fall back to the previously hated 25$ for 20 hour gameplay plan. The image quality on stadia is better in my eyes. And its not just 4k it also has HDR which is missing on GFN. GFN also cannot really show these raytracing effects because of the few titles which are actually using it.

To stadia, i hope they will bring something in the next weeks. Coz this radio silence annoys me like you. I give GFN and stadia both time till april this year. If then nothing changes, i will cancel both and go back to shadow cloud. 

To make things clear. For a streaming services. Stadia is the  overall best cloud service of them in my eyes. In terms of image quality, accessibility etc.  But the lack of updates, communication, missing roadmap, games, discounts is really not vital for this service anymore. 

View solution in original post

4 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Stadia isn't dead.

And GFN will not kill it. It's just not good enough. Everything it has is a larger compatibles game list on launch. The user experience is nowhere near as good as Stadia.

When Stadia launches its base tier, youtube features, and gets the new games rolling, they'll eat it. When every services will have exclusive games, GFN will be behind with nothing. The world will realize we don't need a remote desktop in the cloud bringing no valuable content when the other ones exist.

4 Kudos
24 Replies
Deleted User
Not applicable

Bye.

2 Kudos
Community Member

first things first, don't be to excited about GFN. I use stadia and geforce now simultaniously and at the moment im subscribed to both services. I used Geforce now a long time as a beta tester and you need to understand that both services are different. Geforce now let you stream pc games from steam, epic, battlenet and use cross saves to save your gameplay. It is not a platform where you actually "own" those games (like stadia) and let you play them like you want. For instance, they can remove every game at any time as they wish (request of the publishers), which they did often enough in the past and you cannot play them anymore on GFN. They are lacking triple A titles aswell (last title added "Modern Warfare 2019") im really curious how long it will take for people to start riots there aswell, because of the lack of big publisher titles. Second: The pricing of GFN (5<> Bucks) just lasts for a Year, after that time it will eventually rise and at the worst case it will fall back to the previously hated 25$ for 20 hour gameplay plan. The image quality on stadia is better in my eyes. And its not just 4k it also has HDR which is missing on GFN. GFN also cannot really show these raytracing effects because of the few titles which are actually using it.

To stadia, i hope they will bring something in the next weeks. Coz this radio silence annoys me like you. I give GFN and stadia both time till april this year. If then nothing changes, i will cancel both and go back to shadow cloud. 

To make things clear. For a streaming services. Stadia is the  overall best cloud service of them in my eyes. In terms of image quality, accessibility etc.  But the lack of updates, communication, missing roadmap, games, discounts is really not vital for this service anymore. 

4 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Pointless post given it’s on a Stadia community.....yawn.

1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

Stadia isn't dead.

And GFN will not kill it. It's just not good enough. Everything it has is a larger compatibles game list on launch. The user experience is nowhere near as good as Stadia.

When Stadia launches its base tier, youtube features, and gets the new games rolling, they'll eat it. When every services will have exclusive games, GFN will be behind with nothing. The world will realize we don't need a remote desktop in the cloud bringing no valuable content when the other ones exist.

4 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

I been looking over GeForce now and honestly the whole thing seems a mess bound for failure, it's doing too many things at once for today, it's over complicated for what most want and messy also Google will just buy them out as direct competition if need be by making the best games exclusive to this platform, also look at all the problems on the forum....

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/

0 Kudos
Community Member

@ARGAH  "also look at all the problems on the forum...."

This, exactly. Like i wrote before, i used geforce now since 2018 and it was good platform at that time even in the beta phase. They almost had all big publishers onboard, and had unsupported games enabled which gave them a huge boost overall. You could almost play everything you wanted. But then came the big break, publishers removed their games from GFN, the connection was getting worse because the playersbase was growing to fast for them (free beta), problems with different platforms like epic and battlenet (even at full launch now, you have to nightmare yourself through all this menues) literally it went worse time after time. And now they released their beta app as full version, calling it "founders edition" how funny from them,. without any backups from the publishers. So mark my words, they will probably face the same sh*tstorm stadia got now, within the next few month, because they simply can't deliver anything atm to their fanbase.

Most of them want GTA V and Monster Hunter back, yeah good luck with that one..   And by writing that, i don't mean that in an evil way or something. I would even give these games to them to be honest, because everyone is eventually paying for playing games on stadia and on GFN and at the moment none of these services cant deliver anything. So i hope that changes soon. Still have hope though. 👍

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Fink Yes! Stadia is dead... Finished. It's totally not going to be able to compete with GFN or any of the other services out there for that matter. You should tell ALL your like-minded friends that Stadia is dead and that there's absolutely no reason why you or them should ever post on this forum tied to a dead platform. It's a total waste of your valuable time because as Stadia continues its slow death, the forum is also dead. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you don't have the right to share your thoughts and opinions. I'm just agreeing with you. And since I agree with you I feel like what's the point visiting the forum of a dead product right? Total waste of time. You should totally focus on posting over in GFNs forum because that's a much, much better product with a long future ahead of it.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Maybe not dead but Stadia isn’t healthy.

863A0095-1E9B-4543-BCEA-E3CA46F1AA3B.jpeg

1 Kudo
Community Member

Thanks for the answers. I have tested GFN and Stadia is much better at the moment. For my pleasure if stadia puts some triple AAA games and activate the function for ios i will feel totally happy. AAA games sell consoles for the masses like COD and FIFAs.... thanks for the input. The best thing in stadia is the community!

1 Kudo
Community Member

If the best thing about stadia is the community... it's dead.

Honestly it's not going to last the year, just look at how the official voices have stop posting. 

Theres no releases on what should be an easy port.

Most of the launch titles are still unreleased.

It's dead and it deserves to be dead.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Exroath When I think about how many Google products have been sentenced to death and how many actually survived and become better and better... think again about it when having Stadia in mind.

Even though now there are not many titles on the platform, as soon as there are, this might give a good boost to the platform. And also as soon as Stadia base is released maybe as well.

It's so easy to say that a specific platform or game is "dead", because it's not running well at the beginning, but that is not actually the case with all of them. And Stadia so far runs pretty well for me at least, so I don't see the point in complaining (okay, there are not many titles yet on it, but that's an issue that'll be fixed soon).

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Exroath I can't agree that Stadia is dead... It's not and Google is making plenty of multi-year deals with companies to make sure it won't die anytime soon.

But you're on point about this community forum. The official Google staff almost never post or reply. The forum "rooms" are poorly done, there still not even a dedicated room to discuss gaming and gaming issues. That all happens here in the "general" forum and actual gaming talk gets buried by these posts by people who have given up on the platform.

There's more posts to be found about the state of Stadia than actual gameplay. It's a joke.

I am hopeful that at some point the community will get absorbed into the actual app so it's not a separate website, so that only actual Stadia accounts can post in the forum, and so that they can create a real range of discussion rooms, including one for gameplay.

I guess we'll see if any of that happens. I sure hope it does.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Exroath 

Forum is not dead but probably more like in a coma..

Google's 1st RULE: You do not talk about Stadia

Google's. 2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about Stadia 

Google's. 3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight put some crap out on the blogg

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

This is the wrong place to ask is stadia is dead no one will say that about it here or in the stadia/r/ right now it's not very good, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone I would actually wait for a few years until they have a refined library of games and stacked with features that are undeniable.

0 Kudos
Community Member

For what its worth, im out here waiting for free base Stadia so i can buy and start playing some Football Manager on my Chromebook, until then im not touching Stadia at all!

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Then why don't you buy Football Manager now while you have access to the store through your Pro subscription, then allow your subscription to lapse, but you will still be able to play Football Manager as you own it, and I presume still be able to purchase other games.  It is like a shortcut to the freebase.

I am assuming as you are here you are a Pro subscriber either as an early adopter or because you got a buddy pass, but I could be wrong...

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Dratster no, it sounds like he's a non member. Says he's waiting to play in his Chromebook, I'm guessing with an Xbox or other controller. So he's waiting for the free version to launch then he's going to buy football manager. 

At least he's waiting though and not complaining. I feel like there would've been a lot less complaints if people had waited for the free version to launch or waited to see how the platform grows before deciding to sign up.

I never expected it to be much early on, so I'm pretty happy and I think it still has a long way to go. But there's so many people complaining that I think they just expected too much too soon. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Xevioso 

I do not think it is the amount of things unfinished is why most people complain.

It is the lack of "what seems to be  the too give a **** from Google side "

Last official announcement is 16 Dec from Stadia ( blogg is not part of official announcement)

Blogg is basically a pro promotion with no binding strings attached.

Last update on the Stadia app is  from 16 Jan.

Facebook stadia  was promoting  AOT 2 last week that was released Christmas and today it is metro exodus.

And this is suppose to be in the starting up phase of something....

We have 0 movement on the main forum from people involved.

And after all that then we can start discussing missing content and games ( I was expecting missing functionality and that that things would take time)

But didn't expect this type of unprofessional behavior and the total panic on the total lack on pr marketing on a something that should be starting moving out from the starting pit 

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
0 Kudos
Community Member

@Xevioso @Dratster That's correct, im not currently a subscriber, just waiting for the free version. IMO, its a shame Stadia launched the way it did, it seems to now quite a bit of negativity attached to the name. 

Also, would it not be possible to play Football Manager with mouse/keyboard via my Chromebook? That's the way anyone would usually play FM on Steam, would seem very strange to be forced to play with controller for a game like FM on PC.

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

@Josh261995 yes you can play any game with just keyboard/mouse on a chrome browser. That is the magic of staida 🙂

0 Kudos
Community Member

Stadia has such potential that is unrealized. And the service had so many things promised that went undelivered. I get that developers are responsible for some of it but I’m talking about features of the service itself. So here is my breakdown of competitors. 

XCloud- Existing library of games, regular additions, play games you own, stream from about anything

Geforce Now- Your library anywhere (of PC games if available on the service,) play on about anything

Shadow- Your existing PC library, play on about anything, pretty much a full PC that you can access anywhere. 

In order to compete with these services Google has got to get its service up to snuff. It needs to deliver its free tier, push developers to maintain version parity with other platforms and above all it needs to COMMUNICATE with players about WHEN the features promised are coming. I hate to say it but I’m losing faith in Stadia and the term “buyer’s remorse” keeps popping up.

0 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Not officially, but it's not moving or breathing.

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I'm a Stadia found, GFN subscriber, Shadow subscriber.

The grass is always greener on these communities.

GFN is a mess. Sometimes it's great, other times not so much. Right now on the GFN reddit people are really annoyed because all of Activision's games just got pulled from the service. You can't play Rockstar games like RDR2 on there. There are other developers who also don't allow their games on GFN.

Some games run great on GFN. But like I can play Metro Exodus on GFN at 1080P with RTX, or I can play on Stadia at 4K. Kind of personal preference, really. 

The Division 2, on GFN, I can't even activate DX12 and the game won't run on higher than Medium settings. Again, hit or miss. We'll see how it runs on Stadia next month, I guess. 

For me (and this is going to vary from person to person depending on their ISP and other factors), GFN tends to be a blurry mess during prime time (tho if I use it during the day it works great).

I feel like GFN launched when it did because Nvidia wanted to pull in some revenue while Stadia is still a small player in this space. Small in terms of subscribers and library, I mean. Obviously Google isn't small. 

Stadia doesn't have a huge library of games right now, but it just WORKS. GFN, you never know what is going to happen when you sit down to play. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

I think its quite telling that, whilst still in beta, xCloud already have a beta app to stream games to iOS devices.  I just tried it - you only have access to the one game (Halo Collection) ... but it works **bleep** well.

I am already a big fan of gamepass ... so the idea of being able to stream those games to all my devices?  That is pretty awesome really. Well, its not just awesome - its a bit of a game-changer if you ask me.  I already use gamepass on my PC, on my Xbox occasionally ... being able to use it on my phone, iPad and TV?  Yes please.  Its a shame that whilst Stadia appeared to have a headstart, there hasnt been much movement on the devices you can stream to at this time.

0 Kudos