cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stadia Wifi users - Tipps

Jump to solution

Hi,

currently I am using Stadia on 2 PCs and Chromecast Ultra via Ethernet to Router...
The problem is that my flat is layouted in the worst possible "TAE / Power Socket  / Doors" layout which you can imagine...
Thats why currently I have lot's of visible wires on the floor and through the doors between 3 rooms and have to be careful to not stumble over the wires...

I got twins some month ago and so this is now dangereous as well...
But the layout is so stupid that I just can not find ways of placing wires (in a cable duct for example) without destroying the whole appearance of the rooms...

Now I thought maybe wireless mesh network could help even if my flat is not to big...
Because I currently already have the problem that my Stadia controller disconnects often and freezes the whole chromecast session and I have to shut everything down...

Are there some Stadia users here which also play wirelessly and don't have performance/latency issues?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Founder
Founder

I use Wi-fi only as it’s seamless. I just use my BT hub in one side of the house then hard wired WAP for wireless signal on the other side of the house. It works perfectly for me, but then I’m running of 200+mbps and no neighbours to have interfering signals so no surprise I guess...

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Member

Yes.  My house is, for want of a better word, a sodding nightmare for wireless signal.  The Victorians build them properly alright.

I have a router located in the far Northeast corner and use wireless throughout.

I had deadspots galore until I used a mesh network.  I can honestly say its one of the best investments I've ever made.  

I used Google WiFi, (now Nest WiFi I believe).

It works flawlessly, and has an option to prioritise Stadia Traffic.  I'd recommend it.

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I use Wi-fi only as it’s seamless. I just use my BT hub in one side of the house then hard wired WAP for wireless signal on the other side of the house. It works perfectly for me, but then I’m running of 200+mbps and no neighbours to have interfering signals so no surprise I guess...

View solution in original post

2 Kudos

Ok I will try it then...
Hopefully Stadia will work nicely wirelessly for me as well^^

0 Kudos
Community Member

I can recommend one important thing which makes a huge diffirence. I had some lag issues with my Wifi. It has 2 bands as 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz. Make sure Stadia connected to 5 ghz. This is for dual band wifi users.

2 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I have only had issues on crowded wifi channels, since I live in an apartment, switching to a less populated channel fixed all of my issues.

1 Kudo

Seems to work pretty good so far thank you guys 🙂
My new router arived and I am using the old one as a mesh repeater.
So 2 cables are gone now... I also ordered some Powerline devices to get rid of the rest as well^^

0 Kudos