cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dunnkare
Community Member

Stadia Vs GeForce Now: Destiny 2 comparison

Last time I checked, the Stadia version of Destiny 2 on PC (Chrome) was kinda blurry, had a little delay and a horribly close, fixed field of view, the graphics could not be modified and it felt pretty much empty.

A few days ago I tried Destiny 2 on GeForce Now... there's almost no blurriness and no delay, it runs smoothly at over 60 FPS with maximum details and maximum field of view (over 100 FPS with "only" high settings) and it has the player base of the Steam version.

This is true for all games that are available. Also there's so many more NEW games available on GFN for the generally lower PC games price tag. And GFN is only 5€ a month this year.

The announced 4K HDR @ 60 FPS on the TV is the only thing, GFN is not offering or doing better right now. And that's not even working as promised.. Please, @StadiaTeam , please provide a valid reason to stay on Stadia! Soon!

1 Kudo
16 Replies
Highlighted
Dunnkare
Community Member

Stadia Vs GeForce Now: Destiny 2 comparison

Last time I checked, the Stadia version of Destiny 2 on PC (Chrome) was kinda blurry, had a little delay and a horribly close, fixed field of view, the graphics could not be modified and it felt pretty much empty.

A few days ago I tried Destiny 2 on GeForce Now... there's almost no blurriness and no delay, it runs smoothly at over 60 FPS with maximum details and maximum field of view (over 100 FPS with "only" high settings) and it has the player base of the Steam version.

This is true for all games that are available. Also there's so many more NEW games available on GFN for the generally lower PC games price tag. And GFN is only 5€ a month this year.

The announced 4K HDR @ 60 FPS on the TV is the only thing, GFN is not offering or doing better right now. And that's not even working as promised.. Please, @StadiaTeam , please provide a valid reason to stay on Stadia! Soon!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
ChronosP
Community Member

Re: Stadia Vs GeForce Now: Destiny 2 comparison

Have fun with GFN bye.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

Thats great, hope you guys get to keep being able to play it which you probably won't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Whito
Community Member

He has never played competitively in Destiny, CoD, BDO or Overwatch.

Right?

Good luck with cheaters, hackers ... aimbots, youtubers and twitchers.

For my Stadia free of cheats has a great value. I have Destiny since its launch, play CCU for PVE and Chrome using mouse and keyboard for PVP. Maybe I don't have players.

But it is free of traps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dunnkare
Community Member

@ChronosPI probably will, thank you. But I'd prefer if Stadia would become what was promised, since I spent money on the Founders Edition and I really like the general idea of a "streaming console". 

@WhitoI never play anything competitive anymore since years, so it's true, these issues aren't any concern to me. But if you do, who do you compete with, if there's no player base?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Whito
Community Member

If this is true, I cannot find games online with virtually no games. You have to be patient with Stadia right now.

The launch has been rushed and I can say that the best decisions are not being made from the direction. However, I will tell you that all this criticism of Stadia will only make it stronger.

When X box series X and PS5 come out and you can see that they are not more powerful than a current PC ... they will also receive a lot of criticism.

Regarding Nvidia, I will tell you that they will never give you their latest technology in their cloud version, they are a chip company ... they will never give you their latest hardware in the cloud, once they release 3080 ... this will not be in your Stream service so you will also have criticism.

While Stadia bets everything on the cloud. Microsoft has been investing and losing for a decade in the market and today cannot compete with Sony and Nintendo.

I have a catalog of 500 games on PC. Even so with all Stadia's failures if they release me from piracy and cheats, I plan to continue supporting Stadia even without a player base until 2021.

Obviously each person has their preferences.

0 Kudos
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Dunnkare : So rather than have the Stadia team second guess what it is that you actually would like to see, why not just explain what features, functionality and games that you want to see in order to provide a valid reason to stay.  It would also be practical to provide some realistic time frames as to when you would expect these necessities to be available on Stadia.

At least then you might be able to get an idea if it is in within the next 3-6 or 12 months etc.  If it's way off, then just suspend your subscription and come back again at a later point in time to see if it matches up to your expectations or not.  It could just be that GFN is the better choice for you, or another platform etc.  Ultimately it is your decision as to what you do or don't do with Stadia, but at least having an understanding of what you're looking for would go some way at least to seeing if it's achievable sooner rather than later.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dunnkare
Community Member

@Whito @Mad_Dog_Bravo First of all, thank you for engaging in a constructive discussion!

Of course, every platform has its downside(s) and there's always some kind of trade-off. I don't expect Stadia to be the one and only perfect platform. Also I don't need to get latest tech and highest specs, that's not what counts for me. But I expect to get what I am promised when I buy something.

Nvidia promises flawless 1080p gaming and that's what I get there. It's not perfect, a lot of my games are not supported, but it runs as expected. Stadia promises 60 FPS 4K HDR gaming, but none of the games I played so far delivered such an experience. And that's even though the games come with a hefty console grade price tag. That is quite disappointing.

So, a valid reason to stay would be, if Stadia kept their promise and started streaming every game in full detail and 4K HDR to my TV. The sooner the better.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
ChronosP
Community Member

@Mad_Dog_Bravo 

@Dunnkare 

Lets take a look:

"Last time I checked, the Stadia version of Destiny 2 on PC (Chrome) was kinda blurry, had a little delay and a horribly close, fixed field of view, the graphics could not be modified and it felt pretty much empty."

"A few days ago I tried Destiny 2 on GeForce Now... there's almost no blurriness and no delay, it runs smoothly at over 60 FPS with maximum details and maximum field of view (over 100 FPS with "only" high settings"

Stadia is comparable to a console running with cloud hardware thats why you can't change the hardware settings. Its up to the devs how they port their games to stadia and with which graphic settings. Since every other game is currently running on high - ultra its easy to say that destiny 2 could handle that too. Why the devs think otherwise is beyond me. You could ask bungie this but i rather prefer a solid flawless 60fps gameplay than fancy graphics. And there's absolutely zero input lag or blurryness on destiny 2 for me, maybe you're further away from the next google datacenter than to GFN's server stations but to declare your own problems as overall facts is not good.   

"This is true for all games that are available. Also there's so many more NEW games available on GFN for the generally lower PC games price tag. And GFN is only 5€ a month this year." 

It will cost more after this year, thats a fact. GFN is in beta since 7 years, Stadia is out since 3 month🤦‍♂️. Games don't have to be ported to GFN, they can add every game to their service. As long as the publishers have nothing against it.

" and it has the player base of the Steam version" 

Yes, because GFN runs the PC versions meaning that you will be playing with the PC Community. Since everyone is updating their EULA against cloud gaming, i feel more safe with stadia at the moment tbh. Didn't have to fear bann waves with stadia because it is its own platform.

Everything you've written has no substance because you compare apples to oranges. Just play on the platform you like best, or subscribe to both (like me) 15 euros aren't the world.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Whito
Community Member

If I have also criticized this, unfortunately Google is not an NGO ... it is the second company that has more value in the stock market.

Certainly Google is closer to Watch Dogs 2, Psycho Pass, Matrix or Skynet than Leonardo Da Vinci, Nikola Tesla or Elon Musk.

But this is the business world ... at this moment the Stadia project has its contracts with the investors already made and until they do not meet matketing objectives, they will hardly advance or release more things, I can assure you that they can already transmit 8k 120 FPS

Another thing is the developer, the consoles of this generation are delaying the development of games years ago since they need adaptations and development for their obsolete hardware.

Having a PC of the latest technology and such a huge catalog of games I am used to having to optimize all the games on PC ... I am not going to lie to you, I am duplicating my games by buying them back at Stadia.

Thanks to this I can see and compare the versions, I will say that Stadia does not reach ULTRA and are specifically optimized for Stadia.

I will tell you that Final Fantasy XV on PC is unplayable and SQUARE is reported on STEAM

In Stadia we have an "acceptable" version

I can give more examples but I don't want to get bored.

Just go where you feel happy playing.

I for my part even furious with Stadia ... I will continue with them to free me from the torture of having to buy hardware every 6 months

0 Kudos