cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Stadia Nickname with number

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please Google , i wanna know why we have number after our nickname ? it's not invisible when we are playing multiplayer game or even solo game . Please , we are NOT numbers ! we have a nickname only.

Thanks for your understanding

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

It's so people can have the same username as another person.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Community Member

Contact support to change your username https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9622629?hl=en

Bought the founder edition and locked in my username as soon as possible so I have no #'s on my username. 

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@bloodshine Nickname/gamer tag without numbers at the end are actually reserved for founders, but they stop selling the founders package a while back. It's considered one of the 'perks'. Everyone that use Stadia after that (unless you can find someone selling founders package with UNUSED code) will get numbers after their nickname.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@bloodshine Your original question was "Please Google , i wanna know why we have number after our nickname?"

Your question has been answered, regardless if you're happy with the answer. As @Chufu stated. Leave some feedback in the app if you're really that unhappy with how the naming system works.

Love does not despair. Love gives us hope that change is possible
0 Kudos
Community Member

Ok but your username now is blood shine?

I don't get why you are having issues with it.

1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I mean you can always leave feedback in the Stadia app or on stadia.google.com to give this directly to the developers and tell them that you're unhappy with the numbers behind your username.

But as mentioned before those numbers have a reason:

a) A lot of people could be called "bloodshine" so they get the name they want, but with the numbers you can separate each one from another.

b) Why do you think Google advertised the Founders edition last year so much? Because this is the only way to get rid of those numbers and get your specific name without numbers. If Google would now remove the numbers behind the names for everyone else, all Founders would be pretty unhappy because the reason they payed for the Founders Edition was especially this feature.

If you really want no numbers, you can probably still try to buy a Founders Edition on Ebay or somewhere, but this also contains some risks as well. Also I guess you have already connected your current Google account to the account you have actually, so maybe that suggestion doesn't make sense anymore (unless you create a new account).

But at the end...is it really that bad with the numbers? It might be annoying here and there, but most of the times you don't see the number anyway. Might depend on the game you're playing.

2 Kudos
Community Member

" Might depend on the game you're playing." => all games.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

As others have stated, it would be really confusing if the numbers were hidden in multiplayer games and you could potientially have players with the same visible name on both teams.

Founders have #0000 behind their names and non-founders have a random combination of numbers. There are quite a few Stadia games that show the #0000 on the leaderboards.

Love does not despair. Love gives us hope that change is possible
1 Kudo
Community Member

I like the idea you can "always" get the username you want instead of adding your birthdate,age or any random number for that matter... 

So even in a privacy aspect is better to prevent then cure. Just as it is not possible to use your own name as username.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Yay for being a founder. I always wondered why so many people out those random numbers behind their names. Lol. Makes sense for the allowance of repeat names.c

0 Kudos
Community Member

Only the Stadia founders have a username without a number, and a unique username at that.

The rest of us have a numerical identifier at the end of our name.

I am slightly surprised Google hasn't tried to monetise removing it, but hey, it's hardly the biggest deal in the world, right?

0 Kudos
Community Member

It's so people can have the same username as another person.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Member

"It's so people can have the same username as another person."

euh yes and ? It doesn't answer the question , we are NOT numbers .

0 Kudos