cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Stadia Ambassador

Hey,

I was wondering if you have any future plans for launching a Stadia ambassador program? I know you sent free Founders packages to youtubers with lots of subscribers which I felt like backfired a little bit in my professional opinion as they were fairly biased individuals you sent them to. I understand you wanted to get information out about Stadia to the most people possible, but do you have any plans for putting together a program for individuals who love the platform/service and want to help spread/share its experience with others?

For example: Going to a gaming store and hosting a Stadia Saturday where I can showcase the product to the owner and gamers there. Maybe Google gives a free Premeire Edition to be gifted to the owner to use and offer to gamers. Or going to local high schools and showcasing to students there and have a raffle for a free pro membership or Premeire Edition there as well.

Basically, we want to grow the community and I want Stadia’s support to do that. 🙂 

Thanks and keep up the amazing work in the continuous improvement of Stadia!

Stadia: @bluebobz 

4 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I think this is a solid idea eventually, but not sure it's quite their yet. But probably would be good to have something in place by the time Stadia goes on general release. However if we are talking about building a community, I feel that starts right here in these forums. We can all make this a positive place to interact, and do our best to save it from the trolls that appear to have infected almost every other online community. But I'd like to hear your thoughts on what function an ambassador would perform, fancy title is nothing if it doesn't have a purpose

DenOutlander
3 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey @DenOutlander,

Thanks for responding.  I was thinking that with the low cost of the "console" Ambassadors can be a typical social media ambassador of posting to social media several times a week, but also hosting local Stadia Sessions.  My biggest thing would be to go to schools during a "free" period and showcasing to students how easy it is and inexpensive.  Going to gaming stores (places where you game, not necessarily buy stuff R.I.P. Gamestop) and ask to host a Stadia Session there and even do a tournament where the winner gets a free Premiere edition or if they have pro subs at that point, then a Pro Sub & Controller or even Google Pixel.  Basically finding the gamers and start turning them to the tune in of Stadia and showcasing in person what they can't grasp over the internet trolls.  I feel like to try and get someone "turned" towards Stadia requires an in person contact as to do so over the internet takes about 15x more work.

What do you think?

bluebobz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey @bluebobz ,

In my experience what you are describing for the most part is the type of marketing activity that many companies do to promote new products. See it places like Best Buy all the time, and maybe that's something ambassadors could partake in. But I still feel an ambassadors first role should be in fostering a positive community. And while this could involve in person events this should really all be virtual, as that's what the platform is. 

I've been singing the praises of Stadia from day one, but even those who I shared buddy passes with had mixed experiences with lag etc, something I haven't suffered from, so it's hard to get others to buy in. To be honest I expected to see more activity from Google in building the Stadia community. They appear very quiet in this regard. Either way, I'm here to stay and will continue to try and be a positive contributor here, and across the community when I can.

DenOutlander
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey DenOutlander,

Being virtual ambassadors to start is a great idea. I keep trying to bring up Stadia any way I can with friends and family as well as have a FB page and group to try and grow the platform.  I agree that Stadia should come out front a little more themselves, especially with the launch of the 2 months of pro for free, that is big news and was so quiet.  Also, I'm having trouble figuring out if it is the official base launch or just a simple promotion and base will come later...so some clarification would be great.  Let's keep the positivity flowing and I'm here to stay with you mate!

bluebobz

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey @bluebobz 

Definitely, shoot me the link to the FB page and group, and I'll take a look and help out any way I can

DenOutlander
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey @DenOutlander,

Here are some links for me trying to expand stadia content. 🙂

FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/bluebobz/

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCedVkfY0JJnehsTxwbL0MuQ?view_as=subscriber

FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2237027543270907/

Doing what I can with what I got. 🙂

Thanks Mate and cheers to Stadia (Base) launching!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey @bluebobz I agree with your idea, I'm from Argentina, and founder of the system. And the Stadia don't work in my country. I hope soon they give us the opportunity to be part of this. We are proud of be the first legion of people who want that the big G be the choice for gaming on cloud to everyone

Google Stadia Founder since 2019
My Personal Instagram @esojtwo
Community Instagram @googlestadiafounders
BORN IN ARGENTINA
Nintendo and GOOGLE Fan
1 Kudo