cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Should Google offer mouse and keyboard for Chromecast?

I'm not really a controller player since I never actually had a console unless you count in the PS3 I got cheap a few years back. I only really use it for some simple 3rd person games for which it works fine for me. My initial reason to order Stadia was the ability to play via chrome&mouse&keyboard. I only use the Stadia controller (much to my surprise) when playing Tomb Rider. I do enjoy it but for games like Metro, Destiny and Breakpoint I would really appreciate if I could setup mouse and keyboard in my living room. ¨ I don't know if it's technically possible to connect any M&K with chromecast so perhaps Google should/could (?) design their own gaming platform for non-controller gamers.
20 Kudos
18 Replies
Founder
Founder

Yes please 🙂 Or at least a way to connect them. Perhaps a 2 port USB hub that you can connect to the controller? Or a standalone wifi enabled box that does nothing but provide two USB ports or bluetooth?
1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@1timer I think the idea of Chromecast is to play on TV, and in general people would be sitting on the couch, playing with controller. Although I do know some people like to use tabletop m/kb.

Make sure to send your feedback through the Stadia app so Google can be notified of the idea. I feel as of know they want to make sure the controller experience is working perfectly with Chromecast first, but who knows in the future? I won't be even surprised if member of the communities somehow find a way to play m/kb with Chromecast.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Community Member

I really would like to have the option to play on an m/kb via my Chromecast.

Sure sitting on the couch with an m/kb is maybe not super handy but I would do it and it would improve my gaming!

3 Kudos
Community Member

When Stadia is gonna have games like elder scrolls online ( or any game that benefits of a live chat) it would be more suited having the ability to be able to add keyboard and mouse.

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
1 Kudo
Community Member

Actually i just figured out how to make chat available for chromecast and controls.
Just make us able also add Tablet /phone which we can use as keyboard while playing ( not really any help for palying with Keyboard and mouse ) 
but will be able to chat in game atleast while on CCU

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
0 Kudos
Community Member

I've been playing ESO on Stadia on/off for the past few days. I come from PS4, so a controller is a must for me. However, I need a keyboard to chat, especially when doing pvp. As of right now, (bluetooth) keyboard is not supported to work along with a controller. I send a message to the devs already, hopefully they get many people wanting such support. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Yes please! Google do it!

0 Kudos
Community Member

I would think this would require specific hardware, like the Stadia controller, that links to the servers directly. Chromecasts, as far as I am aware, don't have any option for direct input.

While it would be cool, I feel this is too niche to actually be a viable product. The amount of people who game on a couch with a keyboard and mouse are so few.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I beg Sadia would do It because i have the same problem.

Im a PC player since allways and if I play in the couch I only play games with no aiming sistem because on controllers is really disgusting yo play any kind of shooter.

1 Kudo
Community Member

I agree 100%. I'm a laptop gamer and l'd really appreciate to play on chomerecast with mouse and keyboard. It is true that the controller is good for many games but when it comes to play shooter games is way better the m/kb. 

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I feel the separation should exist for these two control experiences, mimicking how it works now. Controller/Chromecast for console experience, M&K/PC for PC experience. Given how the two control options tend to change the experience/advantage for one vs. the other I think Stadia should keep them separate as it is now.

Having said that, nothing stopping those enterprising individuals from connecting a PC to their TV.

0 Kudos
Community Member

i do it like that. i connected my ps4 controller on my laptop (sometimes using ds4windows) and im using the stadia chrome app.

the laptop is via hdmi connected to the tv. so i can use keyboard, mouse and controller. its not the best setup, but its working so far 😮

0 Kudos
Community Member

Kauft euch ein schei.... PC wenn ihr mit Maus u d Tastatur spielen wollt.ich kauf mir doch kein Stadia um mit Maus zu spielen ihr wollt nur wieder das gameplay kaputt machen weil ihr mit pad null aim habt kids

0 Kudos
Community Member

Please add this. Playing with Mouse and Keyboard on TV whould be great.

The suggestion to do this by an USB adapter that connects directly to the WiFi like the stadia Controller sounds good.

Maybe its even possible to use the stadia Controller with an Adapter to do this. This whould be another selling point for the Controller and stadia.

Offering Mouse and Keyboard support for playing on Chromecast whould also expand the possible Game selection since RTS, Simulation, Strategy Games are not as common on pure Controller Systems.

So this option whould set stadia apart from other traditional consoles.

And just to go a little bit further, Google could also set up an Option to Stream a Chrome Session via stadia. As easy and comfortable way to surf the web from your Couch.

Finally offering options is never a bad Idea. So please add Mouse and Keyboard support for playing on Chromecast.

Offering options

0 Kudos
Community Member

I would love to see support for racing wheels, yokes and (HoTaS-)joysticks with Stadia and ChromeCastUltra. Currently Chrome with the "ControlStadia" extension is the only way to use them.

I see two possible options:

1. I assume the ChromeCastUltra ethernet-adapter/PSU is some kind of repurposed USB-OTG. It would be great if a USB-hub could be inserted between CCU and PSU.

2. Connect a USB-hub to the USB-C-Port of the Stadia controller

Both cases will need firmware updates by Google

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I would like m/kb for cc, too! My old PC is not capable of 4k/HDR and so I'm missing this experience. 

Please do it! The need for a new PC would ruin the whole idea of Stadia... 

0 Kudos
Community Member

I tend to mix it up. However; being able to take part of the 4k with a keyboard and mouse would be amazing. Chromecast ultra capable mouse *drool*. Please google! 🙂

¸¸.•*¨ What you walk by is the standard you accept¸¸.•*¨*•
1 Kudo
Community Member

Its funny that we even have to talk about this. 

Yes. Google should have the option to connect keyboard and mose to chrome cast. 

Competitors have it ... Nvidia is offering the connectivity of joystick, mose, keyboard ... All off it ... With the Nvidia android box .... 

Founder streaming is for the first year 4.99 $ ...

I'm a big Google fan but Google needs to get their s... Together 👍 

0 Kudos