Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ronegrim
Community Member

STADIA wake up! Geforce Now is out!

Jump to solution

Geforce Now officially came out yesterday. Geforce Now is, so to speak, what Stadia wants to be. With it you can stream all games on Ultra in 1080p including RAYTRACING support.

I tested it yesterday and it really works, even better than Stadia. You can continue to use almost all of the games you own. It supports Steam, Uplay, Epic Games, Battlenet etc. The whole thing can even be used free of charge with a few restrictions. At the moment there is a Founder offer. Free for the first 3 months and then € 5.49 per month until the end of the year. Can be canceled at any time!

The service is awesome. I could really imagine that this is the future of gaming. Yesterday I tested a few things ... Wreckfest and Diablo 3 runs great ... World of Warcraft also ..... Kerbal Space Program also very good. I'm really excited. Which I also like much more than at Stadia ... you can still use the graphics settings of the games and set them as you like. This is not possible at Stadia, as it is more the same as with consoles.

Free to Play Games are also supported, e.g. Path of Exile or Fortnite. I have no idea what I'm going to do with all my hard drive space. 

Stadia how long do you want to sleep. Nobody will buy their old games new for  60 € or more. You definitely overslept. If something doesn't change soon, unfortunately I don't see any future for Stadia.

Sorry for my Bad English im German.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ronegrim
Community Member

Don't be afraid was the last post I posted here in this very friendly community. I am glad that I am not part of it. Thanks for nothing and have fun.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

Bye @Ronegrim, enjoy GeForce.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Whito
Community Member

@Sho 

I also never tried PS Now.

The last console I had from Sony was a PS2, which I had 10 of them due to problems with the reader.

The problem is that Stadia is not exploiting its maximum virtue that the 4K 60fps HDR and is being defined as the game without hardware in multiple devices.

So they are confusing the customer ... because they have a 2020 marketing plan to sell precisely hardware.

To be honest I am not experiencing delays or problems ... I play 4k HDR without a single fault ... (good problem with crackling headphones and defective controller that will use the warranty when I am comfortable using it)

So for me there is no situation that is widespread that you need all the aligned planets to play

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Whito
Community Member

@ARGAH 

Gaikai was also bought by Sony

But Onlive was launched almost a year earlier.

I think Sony first bought Gaikai and later OnLive

1 Kudo
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

Stadia in terms of performance is exactly where I expected then some, it was billed as a console in the cloud and does exactly what it says ilbut the UI needs a lot of work, in that area I expected a dashboard similar to.xbox one and messaging fellow players that needs to happen soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there folks, 

Whoa looks like things are getting a bit heated here, so I wanted to post a friendly reminder saying that while differing opinions are most welcome in this community, mutual respect comes first. I kindly ask that we try our best to keep the conversation productive, and let's try to hear each other out. 

Thanks everybody! 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Nilas
Community Member

it's only 15 bucks to be pro both on Stadia and GFN.

Honestly if both prove to be worth the sub, I can see myself using both, for example newer games on the cheapest store and using existing library on GFN. This way I don't need to buy again a game I already have elsewhere.

I tested GFN quickly earlier today and it was fine but I prefer using Stadia though. I'm sure it will improve over time. Stadia needs to improve on games content, prices, and add the missing features.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

@Nilas  Think I will use Stadia and xcloud, have loads of Xbox digital games like at least 200 probably closer to 300, that's the great thing about these services they are cost efficient and use as you please, no need to choose a side it's not like you need to justify that big outlay anymore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xevioso
Community Member

@Sho LOLOLOLOLOL! It's about time someone starts chasing these dudes away. They have no interest in Stadia except to compare it to services that are different and try to use that to say how bad Stadia is! They should all go!

Sorry @GraceFromGoogle I know what you're saying about allowing people to speak their thoughts, but these people are basically trolls pretending NOT to be trolls. Sometimes, actual Stadia supporters like us are going to reach a boiling point with them and tell them off. If it helps, our intentions are REALLY good! We're just trying to defend Stadia against trolls and sometimes we get angry doing it. 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ronegrim
Community Member

Yeah great Job in chasing me away.... oh my God how Old you are?

I was just trying to push Stadia to do something similar to Geforce Now and to discuss the positive and negative things.

In response I got "Fu ** You"! I just don't think that's okay.

I am an adult and I want to be treated with a basic respect. We are not at school here. We can talk about everything.

With the best will in the world, I won't let myself be insulted.

The fact that I am not interested in Stadia is nonsense, I am a subscriber myself.

0 Kudos