Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ronegrim
Community Member

STADIA wake up! Geforce Now is out!

Jump to solution

Geforce Now officially came out yesterday. Geforce Now is, so to speak, what Stadia wants to be. With it you can stream all games on Ultra in 1080p including RAYTRACING support.

I tested it yesterday and it really works, even better than Stadia. You can continue to use almost all of the games you own. It supports Steam, Uplay, Epic Games, Battlenet etc. The whole thing can even be used free of charge with a few restrictions. At the moment there is a Founder offer. Free for the first 3 months and then € 5.49 per month until the end of the year. Can be canceled at any time!

The service is awesome. I could really imagine that this is the future of gaming. Yesterday I tested a few things ... Wreckfest and Diablo 3 runs great ... World of Warcraft also ..... Kerbal Space Program also very good. I'm really excited. Which I also like much more than at Stadia ... you can still use the graphics settings of the games and set them as you like. This is not possible at Stadia, as it is more the same as with consoles.

Free to Play Games are also supported, e.g. Path of Exile or Fortnite. I have no idea what I'm going to do with all my hard drive space. 

Stadia how long do you want to sleep. Nobody will buy their old games new for  60 € or more. You definitely overslept. If something doesn't change soon, unfortunately I don't see any future for Stadia.

Sorry for my Bad English im German.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xevioso
Community Member

Re: STADIA wake up! Geforce Now is out!

Jump to solution

Oops, my bad @Ronegrim ... When you said "I am glad that I am not part of it. Thanks for nothing and have fun." That sounded like you were in fact not interested in Stadia or the community, and also that you were going away. So don't blame me because you gave the wrong impression.

For an adult, you're sure doing a lot of crying and complaining. The community is actually better without guys like you because when you're not here trying to belittle the platform, we actually all get along great. Since you didn't leave, I'll leave... Well, I'll leave THIS thread at least, and you can tell everyone you chased me away if it makes you feel better 🤣😂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
matzy
Community Member

Jump to solution

You may not agree with the OP, but the responses to his post were uncalled for and labelling him a troll, in my eyes, unjustified.

If this is any indication as to how "critics" of the service will be treated or those folks wishing to, IMHO, bring valid comparisons to other streaming services in the market place up for discussion, well ... good luck fostering that community lol

I certainly will think twice before voicing any concerns or suggestions I have on these forums from now on.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nightcrow
Community Member

Jump to solution

I think most people are gonna choose  the platform that gives the most advantage.

For me it is all about what gives me the best playability on all surfaces.

As of now the thing that just stops me from going GeForce  is play on TV,  and if actually Nvidia shield can replace Chromecast ( my family streams most things so changing from one thing that works 100%  just to game is not preferable in my house 😆)

I bought Stadia because too be able to play on different surfaces on different times ( from pc to tablet to phone to tv wireless and seamlessly)

Stadia could still be that choice ... But we  still do not have wireless wifi controller and  or support  on the app on most mobile devices.

I am just the guy that want too play games ea( is it stadia or is it GeForce or is it something else) 

I just basically want too play easiest way possible

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ChronosP
Community Member

Jump to solution

You can write your concerns or suggestions if you want. Everything and everyone is calm now. 🙌

Its just overall contraproductive to start threads here with less suggestions and more complains and even overall advertising another service which's eventually leading to a fanbase war. Noone here is in charge about stadias decisions, we can't change things around stadia. We can just give tips or suggestions.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Jysoe77
Community Member

Jump to solution

@Ronegrim Isn't that Like comparing apples to oranges though? GeForce now doesn't even have its own Library. It just lets you stream games that you may have bought elsewhere if you are a PC Gamer, which I am not. Stadia is it's own entity and has its own library. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. Also how does it run better than Stadia when it isn't 4K? Mine runs at 4K all day long. It also sounds weird how your sessions are limited. I am very open minded though and will give it a try if it does have its own library. I'm pretty much using Stadia as my main console until PS5 and Xbox Series X arrives. 

0 Kudos
Emoeloe
Community Member

Jump to solution

While true, GFN has been in beta for 3 years and you could have easily subscribed.

Also, don't forget their super pricing model after this 12 month offer goes away (25 dollars per 20 hours, what a steal).

GFN and Stadia are two diferent services with different target audiences. If you already have a huge gaming library and mainly play on PC, just get GFN, that makes way more sense. If you don't play a lot of games, or just want easy access on all devices to a few games, Stadia is better (IMO, the queues on GFN have been really annoying in the beta too, as for streaming they both work about the same)

1 Kudo
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

Jump to solution

I honestly don't see any point choosing Stadia over GeForce now if you had a collection of PC games I didn't so went with Stadia because it's better in every way for me and I'd imagine many others just for how simple and clean it is.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nightcrow
Community Member

Jump to solution

GFN also means constantly access to the insane amount of new indie games every month on steam

Stadia will have the big titles

Also the playerbase fon Steam is already existing ,so using GFN will give you instant access to all that.

So awaiting people for a daily you have all of pc gamers as a pool.

Fun sidenote .... If you buy Nvidia shield too be able too play  GFN on. TV.

Surprise you then also get access to all of Google play games ( why on Earth didn't Stadia launch with that....)

I do think Stadia is the most easiest way too game almost just plug and play and get started

While GFN gives more  options but not as streamlined

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Razza
Community Member

Jump to solution

A video I watched on YouTube said the paid version of GFN limited the playing session to 6 hours.If that is accurate then I'm not interested.

The free version of it is DOA to me as it is limited to 1 hour per session.

That said there's definitely things about the service that from the look of it seem pretty great but this limited session stuff is a complete turn off for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nightcrow
Community Member

Jump to solution

@Razza 

Session amount of hours you can play at one go , so just  a small break 

From their website 

"Founding members receive extended session lengths, each lasting up to six hours. After the current session expires, you will move to the front of the queue for fast access to resume your gaming. There is no limit to how many times you can start a new session in a day."

For me I know cloud gaming is what suits me the best ( lives centrally  in a city with family so space and the time for gaming rigs are sparse ,and I do not often get the for myself)

So I will choose one in the end, but I have to admit GFN is starting too look more inviting for me cause basically I do not like how Google have handled Stadia up too now .

We are still missing much basic function and all we got is mostly silence ( yeah next 3 months to get wireless controller too maybe to device that then maybe can support the  app)

0 Kudos