cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Renting games

Would be great if stadia offered a game rental option. It would be great to be able to try out games or just rent a certain game for when some buddies come over like the Blockbuster days. Plus, If the customer likes it enough, they'll probably buy it creating more revenue

2 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Member

Like a demoes

Should be good add on 🙂 

But renting full games i think would not a smart business model ( basically most of todays games could be rounded in 24 hours)

But renting a game for one hour could actually work 🙂

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
0 Kudos
Community Member

This is a really intriguing idea, i've been to a place in my local mall that had a bunch of consoles and let you play games by the hour, it was fairly expensive though. I don't tjink they're still around either. But this might be something that works for a streaming service. Continue playing? Insert coin. Lol.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@OleGunner 

I wish to see something like that. I can see Stadia team check our feedback. I recommend you to send a feedback and see if will be implemented in the future.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Signing up for a Pro account is basically "renting" a game. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

With save state coming - I fully expect YouTube videos to integrate demo levels on the flow for everyone. 

That's also when I fully expect this platform to take off. 

¸¸.•*¨ What you walk by is the standard you accept¸¸.•*¨*•
0 Kudos
Community Member

Stuff like "free to play weekends" would be nice. Play as much of the game as you want of specific games for the entire weekend.

Maybe something similar to PlayStation's "Trial Games"/EA Game Trials or that timed Resident Evil 2 1-Shot demo. You get a certain time limit and then once it runs out you have to buy it to continue.

0 Kudos