cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

RTS Games on Stadia

Will RTS games become available on Stadia? We have a huge advantage in that we can play on any device, I would love to play Rome 2 Total War on my laptop! Really any good RTS would be awesome.

6 Kudos
8 Replies
Community Member

@Dawsomeness : Darksiders is about the only RTS currently available on Stadia unless you include FF XV in that list too.

No reports on Rome 2 or anything published by Sega yet on Stadia to the best of my knowledge, unless someone else knows something already?

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Darksiders isn't an RTS though, nor FFXV.

He's thinking games like total war, starcraft, company of heroes, warhammer 40K, etc

That would be nice to see one of these. 

3 Kudos
Community Member

Exactly Nilas! I could definitely go for everything you just mentioned haha. One of my old favorites was the Homeworld series. 

1 Kudo
Community Member

Indeed, RTS is a chambre that should become part of the portfolio. Age, Starcraft or titles like "They are Billions" would attract people in their 30s and 40s that simply grew up with RTS. These people have the funds but oftenly not the willingness to invest into a Gaming PC. But spending a few Bucks each Month, fits well with into their spending structure for Prime, Netflix, Disney +, etc. anyway. Looking forward to a reply from the community or even the Google Staff.

Take care
S.

3 Kudos
Community Member

Or the Command & Conquer remake that is getting released tomorrow. 

Would be awesome if it's on Stadia. 

2 Kudos
Community Member

@Mad_Dog_Bravo I do not think Darksider is a RTS.

My belief is that an RTS is a game with some base / city building and strategy like :

• Company of heroes (Loved it)
  • Halo wars (bad but still)
  • Command and conquer (Loved C&C General)
  • Cossacks European war (Loved it)
  • Rome
  • Total annihilation (My geek friends were heavily into it)

And I do believe Stadia should get more RTS, it is one of my favorite genre ever since I tried the first Command and Conquer on Sega Saturn

1 Kudo
Community Member

We really really need this.  Nothing would cement stadia as a true alternative to console AND PC as much as that.  I’m told you can hook up keyboard and mouse too so I say bring it on! PLEASE!!!!

0 Kudos
Community Member

This is pretty much the only thread I've responded to on this forum because I couldn't agree more! I'm in the age bracket that a previous poster mentioned, (35-45) and am playing on my Google Pixelbook. Its amazing how great games play on this thin little guy, BUT I really can't rock out with any FPS because the Pixelbook's keyboard is just not the optimal setup for that. Could I get a controller and/or expanded keyboard? Probably, but I pop this thing open and play whenever my young kids are down for a nap or for an hour or so when my exhausted wife and I put them to bed.

RTS games have some serious advantages when it comes to people like me with very little free time:

1. Most are very forgiving about pausing and saving at any point in the game.

2. Even many turn-based combat RTS games can just be left to hang on your move for a loooong time until you can get back to it.

I'm basically biding my time with EOS until BG3 hits this platform, but would love to see any of the Shadowrun games, Total War games, Fallout games (okay, yes those are more like open-world and yes they are FPS-ish, but it can be such a quiet solo experience and allows quicksave, so, meh), original BG games.

Hell, I don't know why Stadia doesn't just pickup a bunch of older RTS titles like Freedom Force, Homeworld, Age of Empires, Starcraft, Earth 2150....the list could go on and on.

3 Kudos