cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Pre order games

When is Stadia going to allow pre order games? Will it be like other platforms where they get exclusive content?

2 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Most of these launch titles have extra content and s couple are "Stadia edition" so my assumption will be yes to the extra content. 

That said, I see no reason why you'd preorder anything on Stadia. It's not like you need to go to the store at the midnight launch to pick up the game you pre-ordered. Just buy it and 5 seconds later it's on your TV ready to play. 

The nice thing about if you do preorder on Stadia is if you get a game and it's dissapointing you can always return it very easily.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I think Shane means like how the upcoming Power Rangers game came with an exclusive preorder skin on other platforms if preordering will be an option on Stadia to also get that skin. While we don't need to download, some people like the ease of mind of knowing they can play the game at midnight or on the day of release as soon as they get home from work/school. Don't see why they wouldn't introduce preorders at some point, that's early money in the publishers pocket.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

This would only make sense that Google would do this with Stadia. I understand the instant gratification we all get with purchasing a game on Stadia, but it's the exclusive freebies most of us all shoot for when it comes to pre-orders. GRID could offer some sort of exclusive car or livery to Stadia members and Red Dead Could offer some sort of outfit/gun/horse only available on Stadia. The opportunities of this are endless and it also continues to create hype and desire for those who enjoy standing out amongst the masses... I mean, who doesn't? I know I do... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I don't think Google and the developers have exactly figured out their pricing model for Stadia yet. We've seen especially when it came to holiday sales developers were giving better prices in other platforms than the Stadia pricing. Even last week Ubisoft who is one of the earliest Stadia partners was offering AC Odyssey Ultimate in the Ubisoft store for $42 and it was still $119 here. 

I think when the library is bigger, the games are newer, and developers get a chance to see just how many people buy into Stadia, it will be easier for them to decide on pre-orders and exclusives. But I think right now it's just too early for them to figure out how they want to price stuff here.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I agree and disagree with you @Dinn 

Yes, in fact there's no reason to preorder anything in Stadia at first glance.

But either way is good to have this possibility because usually gamers like buy games first than the other and also pay a high amount for this, just to say... I already bought it.

Pre-order may come bound with extra content, like sound track, a poster, or anything else.

Helps to show to the developers how much people are engaged with that title and excited for it's release, may help to set better the direction of the release based on the hype.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Agreed, pre-ordering is quite a big part of retail gaming both digital and physical. Many people go into it for certain "Pre-order Bonuses". Having these also on Stadia would be great. Yes, the actual process of buying games on Stadia completely negates the need for a pre-order, buy it - instantly play it, but the special bonuses can often be quite a big draw for people.

CookieMcCrumble on Stadia, PSN, XBL, Steam, uPlay, Origin.
0 Kudos