cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Please offer Demos

Hi Stadia Community. While Stadia is running good on my end I would love to see Demo versions of Stadia games. The best option would be to allow a "trial time" for each game (15 minutes maybe?) to test if the input latency is good enough. Different games require different amounts of reaction times. While slow paced games like the football manager can run with higher latency, games like Thumper require quick reactions, especially when played for highscores (I have the PC and the Switch version). I would love to try out Thumper on Stadia and to compare it with the PC / Switch version, but especially with this game I am scarred that the input latency is just too high, even thouh Samurai Shodown and Destiny 2 run well enough to be playable. Have you taken Demos into concideration for the Stadia public release in 2020? Offering Demos would be a great way to let people test the Service and to see if their internet connection is up to the task of game streaming.
4 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Member

Yep I second this, Grid is £55 in the UK which is mega money for a game that may have an annoying amount of input lag, 

It would suck to buy it then find out I can't refund it afterwards and have an expensive game which I'll never play.

1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

That's a very good idea, I would love a demo before purchasing a game too!

1 Kudo
Community Member

You can request a refund within 14 days of your purchase if there is less than 2 hours of play time across all accounts (family and personal). Games may only be returned one time, so if you return a purchased game for a refund and subsequently re-purchase it, you will not be entitled to a refund. This refund is only available for purchased games, and not for add-on content or services.

see:

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9598538?hl=en

1 Kudo
Community Member

That is risky if it's anything like steam they keep track on how much you refund and notify you, "this is not a game try feature" they take note  how much time you return games.

NOW as a pro user - the best solution would be give us 2 hours of free gameplay as soon as you use this you can no longer REFUND the game if you decide to buy it.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I think offering demos would be awesome. A good way for people to test a game before committing to it. 

0 Kudos