cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Playing stadia on my laptop using a generic pc contoller

Hi everyone. I'm playing stadia on my laptop but can't get used to playing keyboard and mouse. Can I buy any pc contoller and it work on stadia or not?

Many thanks to all who reply.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Member

If your PC can recognize the controller, it will work just fine, before I got my stadia controller I was playing with my Xbox controller

0 Kudos
Community Member

Iv read that Xbox controller s and ps pontollers work but would a generic Xbox one work or just a normal pc contoller?? I'm guessing it should b fine just don't wanna waste money if it doesn't!!

0 Kudos
Community Member

So yeah there's lots of options, I just got the Stadia package and I'm trying to figure out all my options. Stadia has agraph that lets u knw all controller n device linking, I think they've done a decent job working with Xbox n vice versa used my stadia controller 4 my projectxcloud n console stream, anyways,  you have the Xbox controller or any controller with a USB c but what's really interesting is that you can cast from your laptop to any Chromecast I use a old1st gen dongle for my desktop to projector and/or 55 Visio smarttv.so if you only have one 4K chrome cast ultra it's all right if you got the older model ones hooked up to other TVs you can sit there the cast from your laptop or desktop and then I have my Xbox one controller plugged into my PC and another one plug into the laptop so I can just keep on casting to another device is so anyways it is nice. And just FYI if you do get a 4K ultra Chromecast dongle use that your man casting for a stadiacontroller if you get one and connect using a ethernet cable and you are guaranteed to have 4K ultra graphics if you have the a 4k tv that can push it

0 Kudos