cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

People who love the idea are you getting fed up...

Massive supporter of Stadia and the tech here also fully aware of what it is and what it isn't but getting fed up to the point it's almost time to abandon it, interested to hear the thoughts of others who ditched Microsoft or PS or PC to go down this new route, how are you feeling guys at this stage because it feels not dead to me but very under used and under promoted.

1 Kudo
15 Replies
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

People who love the idea are you getting fed up...

Massive supporter of Stadia and the tech here also fully aware of what it is and what it isn't but getting fed up to the point it's almost time to abandon it, interested to hear the thoughts of others who ditched Microsoft or PS or PC to go down this new route, how are you feeling guys at this stage because it feels not dead to me but very under used and under promoted.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Streamer
Community Member

Re: People who love the idea are you getting fed up...

@ARGAH As I just responded to a similar post, I share the same sentiment. Google no longer seems as invested in this project as it was a couple of months ago. Now, I might just be completely, and utterly wrong in my assessment, but perception often holds more weight than truth even. Still, I am hopeful, as I love the tech (tech above all else for me), so I will continue sticking around for a while.

mixer.com/StadiaStreamer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

Hi Stadia streamer thanks for reply, checked you out on mixer a few times.... Agree we should stick around but I legit tried to sell my premier version today and got offered £20 because the store had absolutely no idea wtf I was selling, when Google refuse to advertise and nobody who doesn't already know what we got is makes it a marketing failure we are pretty much stuck with, they really need to get this out there big time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SilverOwly
Community Member

Stadia is an early step and dominant force into the potential future of cloud gaming. But the bigness of it still depends on the development of the internet technology. And which direction it will go.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anarchy
Community Member

@ARGAH I'm perfectly fine with the way things are going. I'm still grinding away at FF15 and haven't even had a chance to dive into another game yet. The only thing on my wish list is some achievement UI on my phone. Other than that I'm perfectly happy with the way things have been going 

Add me on Stadia!
☆ Fai ☆
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Kold
Community Member

I’m still very much in doubt if I should cancel my subscription or not. It still amazes me how well this works by now. But in reality I have nothing I really feel like playing on it. And no games coming out I wanna play in the foreseeable future.

but god I love the tech 😊

Veteran gamer
2 Kudos
Highlighted
mcnichoj
Community Member

Abandoning platforms is a silly thing to do. I freely jump between all the consoles and platforms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

@mcnichoj I still have Xbox until recently had no desire to go back but feeling like it now which is a shame because Stadia is way more powerful, faster loading and better frames, the silence is deafening though and hardly any players is a big issue, just getting fed up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Chufu Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I think the biggest problem is that most gamers have no patience. They want everything right away with full functionality and lowest cost possible. Sometimes I am like that too, but normally I can be patient to wait for games until they are available.

Personally I think that Google is working hard behind the scenes, but everything takes time. I guess it takes time to talk with the developers to adapt their game to this new platform AND make sure everything is running smoothly before bringing it broken to the platform. Of course, bugs might always occur here and there, but they also work on it to fix it (even when that also takes several weeks, see the Final Fantasy issue before).

I agree though, I would love to also have more communication like daily or weekly updates, but I can understand that no news are coming when there is nothing to tell to the community as they are still working behind the scenes.

I guess in the future more games will definetely coming to the platform (Stadia) and we can all enjoy, but tbh I would love to have a functionable game instead of a broken piece...

1 Kudo
Highlighted
DeficientNode
Community Member

I still love it. It has fulfilled my expectation of play games anywhere as long as you have a reliable internet connection, I use the service everyday and haven't encountered too many issues with it.

I'm a PC fan, had to sell my gaming PC to make room. I'll eventually buy a gaming laptop in the future. Had Xbox 360 and PS3 but barely touched them after beating some exclusive games. Still play the Switch once in a long while. Now I mainly game on Stadia because it's just so easy.

1 Kudo