cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

People who love the idea are you getting fed up...

Massive supporter of Stadia and the tech here also fully aware of what it is and what it isn't but getting fed up to the point it's almost time to abandon it, interested to hear the thoughts of others who ditched Microsoft or PS or PC to go down this new route, how are you feeling guys at this stage because it feels not dead to me but very under used and under promoted.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Livewire
Community Member

Re: People who love the idea are you getting fed up...

Pretty much yea. I was huge for stadia at launch, I tried to get people I know interested, as complex as it was trying to explain that its not Netflix etc. Been so long without word of new developments, games etc. I feel like in a few months they will have given out their whole library of games as premium freebies and have nothing left. Then Geforce Now came out which has so much more buzz around it, even with the latest no-blizzard news. As sad as I am about it, I think Stadia is another google glass or google+, its an expansion into a market they just are not willing to properly invest in, and they will abandon it leaving the early adopters screwed as usual...its a repeating pattern with google. I already cancelled my sub when GFN came out, more games...that I actually own...better network performance...more devices etc. etc. etc. Short of announcing some mega partnerships with the major game companies and giving us GFN "you own the game" like store fronts, I can't see stadia making it much past 2020.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Streamer
Community Member

@Chufu 

I was amazed by how quickly Stadia implemented the achievement system (something that was not an urgency), but up until December, it no longer feels like some critical, community-building features are a priority. Let me give you an example.

I have hundreds of people in my friend list on Stadia, and I meet many more whenever I play Destiny 2. But there is little to no way of communicating with them (most of them don't use mics or the forum). Sometimes, I receive invitations to play while I am busy doing other activities, so I decline joining them, and vice-versa if they are busy. After a while, you just stop inviting those people. A simple platform chat system would resolve that, and actually help Stadia towards building a community.

And now, we are about 3 months in, with no information about such system. As you said, they are probably working on it behind the scenes, but unless they communicate with their community on these important features, we can only conclude that nothing is happening.

mixer.com/StadiaStreamer
1 Kudo
ARGAH
Community Member

Honestly a messaging system would go a long way to make destiny better, so many random invite I literally just ignore now and I'd imagine a simple feature like that missing has driven many away from destiny, also uploading clips is an absolute basic that should be there and then get the OS to include a news feed with friend clips etc. and get a store on Chromecast too instead of mobile.

Unlike many others I don't care about more games it's the basics that should be here by now which aren't and makes it feel so threadbare, they gotta get something done soon.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Nilas
Community Member

Maybe the achievements are very simple to add and can't be an issue. A messaging system is something that brings thoughts, it needs to be monitored so there's no harrassment, kids are safe, no one spamming ads or hacks, etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Streamer
Community Member

@Nilas 

You may be absolutely right on that. However, that is not the issue at hand. For the sake of argument, let's just say that adding a messaging system to Stadia would take 9 months due to some of the lesser known complexities of such implementation, as you mentioned. Now, imagine that throughout that entire process, the Stadia team says nothing and remains silent, up until they finally release it. Therein lies my concern.

I completely understand that they might not be able to tell us when such and such game might be coming to the platform. But it would be cool if we were provided with a roadmap of some of the things Stadia has a bit more control over. And if those timelines change, perfectly fine. The silence is just a bit unnerving to me

mixer.com/StadiaStreamer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
MrBlue
Community Member

Not necessarily fed up but concerned...

Finished AC Odyssey yesterday and once I finish Metro I will have pretty much played all the games available (either on stadia or previously on other platforms)

Reluctant to purchase any more as there's a high chance they will become pro games in March so am left wondering what I will play next....

If they could get uplay over the line it would be a quick win to add some additional titles.

Loving the tech, just hoping it keeps moving forward...

Nervous that all negative feedback around user numbers etc is causing developers to hold off.

0 Kudos