cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Opening Stadia to Non-Gaming Applications

Anybody interested in video editing with stadia? Apps that don't normally run on a Chromebook. 

Interested? 

Everything has a future
1 Kudo
3 Replies
Community Member

Tech to enable this already exists, such as Citrix XenApp (streaming seamless apps), AWS Workspaces/Azure WVD/VMware Horizons (Virtual Machine // seamless or published apps). At one point OnLive sold a "desktop" service, but that didn't last just as their streaming service didn't. (They also got slapped by Microsoft for using a Desktop OS, before moving to Server.)

Do I wish to see Stadia open up to that? Not really. I would rather it focus on its market.

Beyond the technical characteristics of it being Linux based where most apps that would fill this void would be Windows.

Should there be a service that exists to enable this for home users, similar to how business operate their own? Hard to say. Most apps that need that penetration across platforms shift to PWA's or some other web enabled / cross platform stack. But if there's enough of a market it could exist. Never hurts to theory-craft... 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Well I was thinking more of being able to do something with the video captures on stadia. Stitch videos together, add voice over. We already know it will support streaming soon. So a way to clean up the footage, make montages. 

Everything has a future
0 Kudos
Community Member

The desktop thing might be on the no go side. 

Everything has a future
0 Kudos