cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

No sound on MK11 except in cutscenes

Jump to solution
Hello everyone just made a pro deal with MK11 (Premium) but it doesn't matter what I try I won't get any sound except from the cutscenes so my system (Chromecast ultra) is working. I have tried different audio settings in game but no sound. I have confirmed it's definitely not my system the TV and other Stadia games have crystal clear sound. Please help quicky, playing without sound isn't half as much fun.
2 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone, thanks for bringing this to our attention. The Stadia team is currently looking into this issue, and I'll keep you all posted with the latest updates. 

Thanks for your patience! 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
22 Replies
Community Member

Issue solved for me. Sound works good 😄

0 Kudos
Community Member

The patch is live and the audio output works again!

Let's enjoy some Kombat! 😉

0 Kudos
Community Member

Working for me now as well 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone, thanks for bringing this to our attention. The Stadia team is currently looking into this issue, and I'll keep you all posted with the latest updates. 

Thanks for your patience! 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Community Member

Do we have any solution yet for this, have been enjoying the game since founder membership but now unplayable without sound. If there is not a solution then can the purchase be refunded? This is the only negative of an otherwise good platform

0 Kudos
Community Member

Temporary fix is launching the game through mobile (stadia.google.com) or PC webrowser and then reconnecting on Stadia

0 Kudos
Community Member

Excellent temporary fix, obviously this bug needs sorting properly but at least the game is playable again, even if it is a long winded way to launch the game

0 Kudos
Community Member

@GraceFromGoogle any update? what's the solution provided? Should we launch the game through mobile?

0 Kudos
Community Member

@GraceFromGoogle 

Is there any updates or timeframes to share for this issue? I bought this game recently but still have not been able to get sound on my chrome cast. 

1 Kudo
Community Member
Fixed yet? I'd love to buy this
0 Kudos
Community Member

@YrX not yet. Neither any update about it 😞

0 Kudos
Community Member

Hi @GraceFromGoogle any news about this issue?

I am worried. I have purchased this game and I believe Stadia team will be able to fix this bug, but It will be appreciated to have more info about it. Should we blame Warner team? Stadia team? both of them? How can we help?

VIVA Stadia!!

0 Kudos
Community Member

I have the same issue

In the PC the sound works fine,

If I send the game from the PC to the chomecast, the sound works fine

But If I run again the game directly from the chromecast, the sound dissapears.

No sound using a headset neither

I rebooted the chromecast, tv and router. I restored the factory settings of the chromecast. None of those actions worked

0 Kudos
Community Member

Game is both playing and has sound for me.

0 Kudos
Community Member
With 5.1 showing under your connection?
0 Kudos
Community Member
I just purchased it as well and now I've refunded as I couldn't open a ticket with the dev. It just kept giving me access denied. I don't know about cutscenes having audio but nothing in game or at the menus for me. Stadia support found that if I connect without using the 5.1 audio the sound works find but with 5.1 it is a no go.
0 Kudos
Community Member

@Firestorm457 : I had no issues raising a support request via the following URL:

https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Now comes the really strange part, just tried it on my pixel and the sound is working there everytime. So it's definitely depending on the audio, maybe 5.1? On the tv it's not working with sound, it doesn't matter if it's connected to the sound bar or just tv sound.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@NoMercyWWE : I raised a case with the publishers support team, and they have passed the details over to their Game Team for further investigation.  They didn't sound like that they would be getting back to me directly on the issue so its a bit of unknown entity beyond passing the information onto another team.

If I get some additional feedback I'll update here.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
1 Kudo