cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

New Games... is this a Joke ?

We waited 2 months since the last Stadia official communication, and finally they announced 4 new games ! Is this a joke ? Please someone from Stadia tell me this is only a funny joke :).

You promised 4k triple A games, and now that we need something new to try out you released "Tetris, PacMan and Asteroid" (satirical)

And the wrost thing is that I saw a lot of users replied to the announce with "Oh Thank", "Great", "Fantastic !".

Well, this is going to be another big, huge, giant Google disaster...

I'm waiting replies that state I'm wrong, that they are great games... That Serious sam is a great game... Please, if you like to play prehistoric game or indie game there is nothing bad with it, but this is not what Stadia promised ^_^

2 Kudos
31 Replies
Community Member

"The reality is that i was not able to play a single multiplayer match out of Destiny II in any game... This is sufficient to say that players on Stadia are not enough anyway."

@Jenesis Totally agree.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Jenesis 

I've played crucible in destiny on stadia, reached legendary and never played it again! I just go in there for the weeklys and abandon it as soon as i can because i can't stand that pvp in this game (with iron men, thor, captain america flying around, annoying af😤). And i know many ppl who are never even considering going into the crucible. I love the pve in the game though. With crossplay we wouldn't had these problems and its up to the devs to implement that. But to take destiny as a bar for the overall stadia playerbase is a bit to short sighted in my opinion. 

Imho  it has its ups and downs that stadia is atm an overall closed platform. Yeah theres a problem with matchmaking atm but we also doesn't have to deal with bans or an unreliable game library like other cloud services. Base will launch sometimes hopefully increasing the player numbers, with a purchasable destiny 2 collection on the stadia store. Thats my guess.

0 Kudos
Community Member

They have over 100 new games to announce still, people have no chill.

2 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Releasing 5 - 10 years old games, puzzle games or mobile style games (and so on...) is not what a lot of user is expecting from Stadia.

Assumption.

Do you know how can I be sure about that, because Stadia itself promised and stated that the goal was to carry triple A games on this platform.

Triple A games are coming. It sounds like you're upset that they're not here yet and to that I just have to say have more patience. We're in month 2 out of 12 this year. There's a lot of time left @Jenesis 

Love does not despair. Love gives us hope that change is possible
1 Kudo
Community Member

@Anarchy I hope to be too pessimistic... Y I'm upset because the communication from Stadia is reduced to 0 these months and this doesn't help at all 😄

I'll see how Stadia will grow up, but again the direction is not what I would suggest at the moment 🙂

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Jenesis :

I guess that it is not possible to please everyone at this point in time with Stadia.

I would suggest that you let your subscription lapse and come revisit Stadia later on and see if there are titles available then that are more to your liking.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
2 Kudos
Community Member

microsoft were new to console gaming... but released a juggernaut called halo on release of the console. Google dont have a clue..... and saying come back later on? Stadia wont last the rest of 2020

0 Kudos
Community Member

This reply is like a slap in the face. Thanks for your money, sorry you're not happy. 

You might as well have said that

0 Kudos
Community Member

Sorry mates, replying with excuses is not really a good strategy 😄 If I plan a product launch, I plan a go-to-market strategy a list of partners that supports me for real. Hope to see something different in 2020.

@Mad_Dog_Bravo I'll for sure not renew Stadia PRO, and thousands of users with me too...

This want to be a provocative post, to suggest Stadia to change strategy and fast... Every decent product manager should understand that letting people leave Stadia is not a good strategy, and I'm really convinced that unfortunatly Stadia is slowly dieing...

Everyone that is leaving now probably will not come back on Stadia. Moreover, if a lot of people leave Stadia, they will have not enough fund to develop Stadia features.

I'm just disappointed that a so great product risk to be another one in the google's product cemetery, that counts a lot of headstones.

2 Kudos
Community Member

@Jenesis I agree that it's not good strategy letting people go with distractions such as Shadow, Xcloud and GeForce Now coming to the fore.

This is a dawn of new tech and Google do risk the competition getting a step forward especially with more varied gaming options right now.

For me, any service offering Steam, Uplay, Xbox libraries connectivity are streets ahead which may be Stadia's undoing long term.

I really hope for some cross library inclusion [somehow] in Stadia's longer term strategy for it to be relevant to gamers who have libraries of games built up over time.

I would certainly pay hansomely for a subscription fee to any service for access to an already swelling library I have built up within Steam and Uplay.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

You know that it might take time for the Triple A developers to put their game to a new platform? Looking at Elder Scrolls Online for example (which I am still waiting for) and which was announcement in the Google Store as a game to come on Stadia, there was no promise at all when exactly this game would be available. Which is of course a clever marketing strategy to just tell everyone that triple A games will be on Stadia, but no expectation when they would come.

But yeah, the Stadia developers mentioned already that they work close together with the game-developers, so I hope that 2020 will be a great year for Stadia with a lot of games (as announced in the Community Blog), they mentioned already more than 120 games, so I guess there will be some triple A games coming as well.

But at least we're getting some games on Stadia, which is definetely a nice thing! And if you don't have patience, well, then let's play Xbox, PS4 and PC in the meantime. 😃

3 Kudos