cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

New Games... is this a Joke ?

We waited 2 months since the last Stadia official communication, and finally they announced 4 new games ! Is this a joke ? Please someone from Stadia tell me this is only a funny joke :).

You promised 4k triple A games, and now that we need something new to try out you released "Tetris, PacMan and Asteroid" (satirical)

And the wrost thing is that I saw a lot of users replied to the announce with "Oh Thank", "Great", "Fantastic !".

Well, this is going to be another big, huge, giant Google disaster...

I'm waiting replies that state I'm wrong, that they are great games... That Serious sam is a great game... Please, if you like to play prehistoric game or indie game there is nothing bad with it, but this is not what Stadia promised ^_^

2 Kudos
31 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

You know that it might take time for the Triple A developers to put their game to a new platform? Looking at Elder Scrolls Online for example (which I am still waiting for) and which was announcement in the Google Store as a game to come on Stadia, there was no promise at all when exactly this game would be available. Which is of course a clever marketing strategy to just tell everyone that triple A games will be on Stadia, but no expectation when they would come.

But yeah, the Stadia developers mentioned already that they work close together with the game-developers, so I hope that 2020 will be a great year for Stadia with a lot of games (as announced in the Community Blog), they mentioned already more than 120 games, so I guess there will be some triple A games coming as well.

But at least we're getting some games on Stadia, which is definetely a nice thing! And if you don't have patience, well, then let's play Xbox, PS4 and PC in the meantime. 😃

3 Kudos
Community Member

@Jenesis :

I guess that it is not possible to please everyone at this point in time with Stadia.

I would suggest that you let your subscription lapse and come revisit Stadia later on and see if there are titles available then that are more to your liking.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
2 Kudos
Community Member

Sorry mates, replying with excuses is not really a good strategy 😄 If I plan a product launch, I plan a go-to-market strategy a list of partners that supports me for real. Hope to see something different in 2020.

@Mad_Dog_Bravo I'll for sure not renew Stadia PRO, and thousands of users with me too...

This want to be a provocative post, to suggest Stadia to change strategy and fast... Every decent product manager should understand that letting people leave Stadia is not a good strategy, and I'm really convinced that unfortunatly Stadia is slowly dieing...

Everyone that is leaving now probably will not come back on Stadia. Moreover, if a lot of people leave Stadia, they will have not enough fund to develop Stadia features.

I'm just disappointed that a so great product risk to be another one in the google's product cemetery, that counts a lot of headstones.

2 Kudos
Community Member

@Jenesis I agree that it's not good strategy letting people go with distractions such as Shadow, Xcloud and GeForce Now coming to the fore.

This is a dawn of new tech and Google do risk the competition getting a step forward especially with more varied gaming options right now.

For me, any service offering Steam, Uplay, Xbox libraries connectivity are streets ahead which may be Stadia's undoing long term.

I really hope for some cross library inclusion [somehow] in Stadia's longer term strategy for it to be relevant to gamers who have libraries of games built up over time.

I would certainly pay hansomely for a subscription fee to any service for access to an already swelling library I have built up within Steam and Uplay.

0 Kudos
Community Member

This reply is like a slap in the face. Thanks for your money, sorry you're not happy. 

You might as well have said that

0 Kudos
Community Member

microsoft were new to console gaming... but released a juggernaut called halo on release of the console. Google dont have a clue..... and saying come back later on? Stadia wont last the rest of 2020

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Jenesis 

Goodbye gg.

If i would gain 1€ for every one of that "sTaDIa is DeaD or soOn will beE, (because its not living up to MY OWN expectations"), i would need a bigger pocket thats for sure.

Facts: The platform will not go anywhere soon, and thats a good thing, coz competition is always good. Everybody who's working in the marketing,  knows simple things like this. A monopole position is never good coz they can dictate the market and the customer. PS4 customer for example are needing the xbox and switch competition. Just like Stadia needs GFN, Amazon and Shadow and vice versa, to compete with. 

And im writing this, because your comment smells like the X'st try to moke this platform here, although you never or barely used this platform at all. So i can just suggest you to use something else like GFN or Shadow which is more in your interest. But don't feel good about a dying competitor platform (although its not true) because its never a good sign for your overall prefered platform. If GFN gains the absolute monopole for cloud gaming for instance, than you say goodbye to these 5 bucks per month, and hello to the old 25 bucks per 20 hour playtime plan, which they might introduce in 2021 if theres no competition anymore.

And to the games. What was your expetations? That triple A publishers are releasing exclusive games to stadia or even timed exclusive? I mean what are you smoking, for real? I need that stuff to. 🙏

3 Kudos
Community Member

@ChronosP you reply is awesome 🙂

I'm a Stadia user since November, your inscription date is 14 January... I bought 3 games on Stadia and I played almost every PRO game that was released... I used Stadia and a lot, probably more than you ^_^ (it's not a competition anyway).

Probably you are just waiting something new for less time than me...

I don't expect any miracle and I do not expect any monopole. I expect that if you spam in every event and announcement that this platform is better that others because you'll release triple A games in 4K within Stadia, you focus to do that. This focus is what I'm not seeing right now! And I don't see this focus because no-one is talking about dates, efforts, demo new titles, nothing... Nothing new from Stadia since 2 months and the only news is they are releasing 4 old games...

This is the FACT, I don't know GFN, X-Cloud or PS(don't remember even the name) and I don't really care about them, because I'm talking about Stadia and the FACT is that the introduction of new valuable game is proceeding too slowly.

The FACT is that the population of Destiny 2 on Stadia is drastically reducing months by months (search it on Google) and this is a signal that users are slowly decreasing on Stadia.

That are FACTS all the rest I don't care 🙂

1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Just out of curiosity: In which games are you especially interested, Jenesis?

0 Kudos
Community Member

Honestly Nothing in particular, but I'd like somehting like:

• Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (I've already finished it)
  • Dragonball Z: Kakarot (I've it on xbox)
  • Metro Exodus was a good introduction
  • The Division 2
  • Battlefield V

Games of the past year and hopefully new triple A games realesed on the same date of others console version.

This is what I hope.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Jenesis  I want DBZ: Kakarot as well!!!!!

I purchased Xenoverse 2 and I love it on Stadia! 

1 Kudo
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

@Sho Xenoverse 2 is amazing on Stadia.

waiting Kakarot too 😋

1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

I thought the small list of confirmed titles looked quite good. 

Add to that, The Division 2 coming in March and The Crew 2 coming sometime before the end of April as well. 

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I'm waiting replies that state I'm wrong, that they are great games... That Serious sam is a great game... Please, if you like to play prehistoric game or indie game there is nothing bad with it, but this is not what Stadia promised ^_^

I hate to break it to you but just because you don't personally like the games doesn't mean other people out there aren't satisfied. Stadia promised 120 new games this year and that's what they're in the process of doing. They didn't promise: 120 games that @Jenesis personally approves of.

If you're really that upset then let your pro lapse and find another platform. Throwing a temper tantrum isn't going to do anything here.

Love does not despair. Love gives us hope that change is possible
4 Kudos
Community Member

@Fai If you're really that upset then let your pro lapse and find another platform.

This is the reply most common and easy: "you do not agree, go away". Well even if this may be what will happen, this is the wrost thing could happen... Because I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling like that, will you say "go away" to everyone ? (with you I'm talking to Stadia not you obv :P) I think that in this way for sure Stadia will die 🙂

you also said "They didn't promise: 120 games that @Jenesis personally approves of". Totally agree in fact I would be glad to see no games that I like, but at least new games or games of the past 1 - 2 years. Releasing 5 - 10 years old games, puzzle games or mobile style games (and so on...) is not what a lot of user is expecting from Stadia. Do you know how can I be sure about that, because Stadia itself promised and stated that the goal was to carry triple A games on this platform. Otherwise they would sell 10 copy in the world 😄

@Kora given that no-one has the real numbers in hands out of Stadia management (and the fact that they do not publish them should be a clear indicator itself) the data I'm basing my hypothesis on are the most objective. I'd prefer to have precise data, but we can't... The reality is that i was not able to play a single multiplayer match out of Destiny II in any game... This is sufficient to say that players on Stadia are not enough anyway.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Releasing 5 - 10 years old games, puzzle games or mobile style games (and so on...) is not what a lot of user is expecting from Stadia.

Assumption.

Do you know how can I be sure about that, because Stadia itself promised and stated that the goal was to carry triple A games on this platform.

Triple A games are coming. It sounds like you're upset that they're not here yet and to that I just have to say have more patience. We're in month 2 out of 12 this year. There's a lot of time left @Jenesis 

Love does not despair. Love gives us hope that change is possible
1 Kudo
Community Member

@Fai I hope to be too pessimistic... Y I'm upset because the communication from Stadia is reduced to 0 these months and this doesn't help at all 😄

I'll see how Stadia will grow up, but again the direction is not what I would suggest at the moment 🙂

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Jenesis 

I've played crucible in destiny on stadia, reached legendary and never played it again! I just go in there for the weeklys and abandon it as soon as i can because i can't stand that pvp in this game (with iron men, thor, captain america flying around, annoying af😤). And i know many ppl who are never even considering going into the crucible. I love the pve in the game though. With crossplay we wouldn't had these problems and its up to the devs to implement that. But to take destiny as a bar for the overall stadia playerbase is a bit to short sighted in my opinion. 

Imho  it has its ups and downs that stadia is atm an overall closed platform. Yeah theres a problem with matchmaking atm but we also doesn't have to deal with bans or an unreliable game library like other cloud services. Base will launch sometimes hopefully increasing the player numbers, with a purchasable destiny 2 collection on the stadia store. Thats my guess.

0 Kudos
Community Member

They have over 100 new games to announce still, people have no chill.

2 Kudos
Community Member

"The reality is that i was not able to play a single multiplayer match out of Destiny II in any game... This is sufficient to say that players on Stadia are not enough anyway."

@Jenesis Totally agree.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Jenesis I think you just have to be patient. I also think you're wrong when you say that the worst thing that can happen is for people to drop subscriptions. I think if people like you who are unhappy actually start dropping subs, then maybe Google will take notice. If you keep paying, and just complaining in the community forum, they're still getting your money, and will continue to do things their own way. 

Everything is about money. Until you unhappy people stop saying you're unhappy, and start SHOWING it, don't expect any results. 

Personally, I'm fine with how things are going, and I'm confident that even if people start dropping subscriptions... most of them will come back when the platform grows a bit more. I think by the end of this year it's going to be a substantially improved platform. If people aren't willing to wait to see that, you should drop and monitor the platform until it looks more like what you expected. There's even a small possibility that doing that will catch Google's attention, but I guarantee you that the posts about not enough games and not the right games, won't change anything as long as you are paying your sub.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@SeaTroot can you link the source of the news about The Division 2 coming on march please 😄

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

No problem @Jenesis please see the article below and scroll to the bottom of it.

I think it was Ubisoft press release that confirmed The Division 2 will be late March for Stadia .

https://stadiasource.com/article/341/The-Division-2-The-Warlords-Of-New-York-Announced 

0 Kudos
Community Member

They can keep division 2 tho (no offence) but pretty much why breakpoint sucks lol it's not even ghost recon anymore nor does it even "feel" like a ghost game anymore and all cause ubi wants to "combine" their games. It should just be called "The division: ghost recon" because truthfully that's what the game feels like.

Sorry just the whole "gear" lvl and turning a "shooter" into an rpg is trash imo. A gun is a gun, if I personally am able to infiltrate a base kill who I need to etc. Then my "gear level" should never even be an issue. Sadly it is.

It's like people with "higher" hear level will take more shots so you always have to "upgrade" your gear level. Look back at past ghost games. They didn't do that. Now because of the division, it's like they had to go and ruin that game now by making it more division like than ghost recon. Look at even the "camp" or the cave lol erewhon or w/e it's called. Screams the division both one and two how u have "base" camps etc. Wildlands wasn't even that bad. It was a free open world-ish but there was none of this division hybrid mess u see with breakpoint. 

It's why rainbow six is dead too. Vegas 2 still widely played to this day and why? Because THAT was rainbow six and it was the last one. Before it became watered down to ONE MODE (multiplayer only) with siege (aka sh*t) n all for the sake of e sports and all that. When look at Vegas 2 had a campaign, pve mode (terrorist hunt), AND a pvp mode (multiplayer). So how do u ruin such a great title and water it down to just one mode? Then do this to ghost. So sorry I HAD no hate towards the division series back in the days, it was one of those games that just existed and I just didn't play it. No hate, no love, it was just there and I didn't care. Now that it's ruining games (like ghost) because they clearly are hybriding both I just wanna say f*ck the division both 1 and 2 lol in a non hateful way obv I just don't like them 😛

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Sho DBZ: Kakarot is quite nice, i don't understand the totally offline implementation they did, but at least it's funny 😄

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Jenesis I hope it is, I've been waiting to play it. (Haven't played it on any other platform yet) it looks great though from what I have seen. I have no idea about the offline stuff though. As I haven't played it yet just seen videos.

I can def agree with the destiny 2 thing too though. Game isn't even my thing BUT whenever I do hop on to try and play (mainly a quick pvp match) pretty much never find a game, then try Gambit, same thing, n because I'm usually short on time (so when I play games it's an in and out on and off kinda thing and why I just WANT CoD already as it would be the BEST game for that especially with the new 2v2 modes and all that)I have no other choice but to either exit destiny 2 because it just takes way to long to find a Gambit match or pvp match, or I'm forced to do the whole pve thing (which is like the ONLY thing destiny 2 players on Stadia do/play but more so mean it's the only mode you won't be "waiting" to get into because there will ALWAYS be people on that mode, the same can't be said with pvp or Gambit) so def agree with that.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Jenesis 

... I'm talking about Stadia and the FACT is that the introduction of new valuable game is proceeding too slowly."

This is not a fact. What you consider "valuable" is not necessarily valuable to others. The pace at which they are releasing games, "too slowly", is also an opinion. I still haven't gotten to 4 of my free Pro games because I haven't had enough time, so the pace for me is fine.

"... signal that users are slowly decreasing on Stadia."

This is not a fact, it's an assumption that you are making. Also, search on google did no reveal any raw numbers that demonstrate the percentage drop in Stadia players is any different from other platforms, so I'm not sure this is a fact either.

2 Kudos
Community Member

you are really clueless how google conduct business with gaming ceo's. They basically say... here are the terms like it or lump it.... its why so many devs have left.

. It will be a miracle if stadia lives to 2021.

Its a disaster

0 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Well these games are not what we most expect. But they give variety to the catalog ... surely many parents bought Stadia for the little ones in the house and these games are very good for them.

Entering the gaming world is difficult, Microsoft has been in the market for 20 years and if it were not for unlimited capital injection it would hardly exist if they were based on profits, Xbox without the game pass nobody would play it.

He has the example of the Epic Games Store, which is investing everything they earn in Fortnite to create their digital store, even paying one-year exclusives such as Shenmue 3, RDR2, Metro Exodus and giving away 2 monthly games still without profit.

This shows that the injection of unlimited capital and the variety of offer is not the key to success, Google is not known exactly for continuing to invest if something does not work, so I understand the terror of closing Stadia. Surely Google is taking steps in another direction such as creating infrastructure in countries where Stadia is not available.

I certainly do not lie ... the captain of this ship has fallen asleep and has slept for a long time ... it probably has qualities in other economic fields ... but NOT in video games. Without detracting from the actor's job of commercials ... you can see how Google thinks that video game players are some kind of psycho-tropical consumers. Something like ... don't consume ayahuasca ... play Stadia.

Well my experience with Assassins Creed Odissey in Stadia is superior to my i9 9900k, 2080ti RTX, 32GB Ram Vengeance 3200mhz, 2k monitor 100hz 34 " So I will follow and wait for new games in Stadia.

I mean the experience in Rage 2 is not.

I am a person who on PC if at some time I see the number 59 FPS on my screen I will uninstall the game and never again buy a product from that editor / developer so I have so many games, the same happens if I get freezes, a single freeze and that Editor is dead to me.

I'm here for 4k 60 FPS, something impossible on PC

2 Kudos