cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

New Games - Including Division 2

Jump to solution
Good morning all, I know that this has probably been beaten to death, but can anyone at Google please give some insight into new release dates of games on the platform? If even with the low hanging fruit like Division 2 that was slated for early Stadia release? I really do want to play Stadia more, and do want to give you more money by purchasing games that I already own and would play here. Division 2, Battlefield (ANY), Battlefront II, and Elder Scrolls Online are all games that I would buy again to play on the platform. That being said, I am fully sold on the technology and love the flexibility of the platform. It really could provide something special once adopted in numbers. I have even bought a few Premier Editions for friends to encourage adoption, but am having trouble staying (personally) and keeping (my friends) invested with the limited library. I realize that it is likely up to the publishers to release and give info, but it really does seem that very few are giving any info at all. While I have read that 120 games would be released in 2020, we are 1/12 of the way through the year with no new releases, and that is creating the appearance of a vacuum. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. - B
1 Kudo
1 Solution
Community Member
Spoiler
Talk about convenient timing for an update on The Division 2 release date for Stadia. See the below tweet. If true, looks like it will release between now and end of March. Not a Google-sourced piece of info, but welcome nonetheless.

- B

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1225464185766776833

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
9 Replies
Founder
Founder

Couldn't agree more.

I understand there are lots of factors in here and the fact that unveiling launching dates is the publisher's choice, but it would be good to have some tentative schedule, as we can see in other platforms, that would show some long-term extectations and generate some interest.

1 Kudo
Community Member

There was one new release just yesterday or the day before... also, I don't get these threads.

People literally get on here and say "I understand it is up to the publishers when announcements can be made" and then they're like "But can somebody tell me something anyway?"

"OMG! we're 1/12 of the way through the year! Time to panic! Stadia is fail!"

Just ridiculous... smh... give it a rest already.

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Thanks for the"ridiculous" part, it's always good to read that kind of replies.

There was a launch yesterday, yes, and there is no schedule on the future also, maybe if you take a look at what happens with other platforms you'll see that there are always done games listed with no specific date, but something like "first quarter" , etc.

Do I need to know that? That's not the point. The point is that Stadia needs desperately to show it will have a consistent library, even more when the 3-month free PRO subscription for fingers end in February and there are no games in the horizon since last summer.

If Stadia is to attract more games or has to be by showing it will have a good library, and they simply doesn't happen.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Stop asking for announcements when it's been addressed over and over again, by Google themselves. Go to the developer's websites and use their contact methods to ask them when they'll be releasing games in Stadia, how about that? See if you get a better answer from the developers than you do from Google. You won't, I've actually tried that, so I'm not telling you to do something I wouldn't. 

All it winds up being here is you whining in the midst of your same questions being asked and answered by the company already. So yeah, it's ridiculous. You should also think it's ridiculous to be asking something that if you just read an article you would know Google executives have stated they cannot make announcements until the developers are ready. I guarantee you Google would LOVE to just announce dates for the next thirty games if it will help calm down restless users. 

I could even see this question being asked over and over before they finally addressed it. But they have addressed it now, so again... It's ridiculous to keep asking.

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

It isn't ridiculous. It is what everyone wants, and it is the most important thing for any gamer. Stadia needs desperately to pop a Connect asap and show third party supports or it will just die. You need to realize how bad is this situation and all the consequences.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Ok I'll bite on this. I am very pro-Stadia. I like the platform.and see it as the future for gaming. I work a ton and definitely don't have the gaming time that I used to. Same goes with my friends, which provides difficulties getting everyone on at the same time. Stadia is a great platform to do that, but we don't have the games yet. That being said, I do also recognize that there is a ton of behind the scenes work to get something like this up and going. It is a bit ignorant to sit back and say "oh they've said the publishers announce so that's ok why are there these threads OMG".

I am here constructively, because I want my friends to play on Stadia, which will only happen with some.game announcement transparency here. If Google is working with publishers, and those publishers are porting games, there is a lot going on behind the scenes that we just won't see. It's also a bit ignorant to believe that Google has no control over announcements, even though that's the message right now. Google has leverage because these groups want us to buy these games, in some cases for the 2nd time.

I would love to play The Division 2 with my friends here, if possible. I recognize that posting here will likely get no official response as well, but it's important that I try. I do like Stadia. I want it to work. Without a better understanding of a release dates for games, to rally around, I can't get my friends to adopt even if I buy them a Premiere Edition. Some info would help that.

- B

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

It has been said that we're asking for Google to say something about the 120 games they said they would have this year, and that this is useless and ridiculous.

We're giving our opinion about a fact - that's what forums are for. And I think it has to be discussed as many times as any member considers it worthy of his time and effort.

I would add that the fact that it has been tasked about -and it will continue being so, is simply because that's a subject that worries a lot of Stadia users, and that is what shows whoever might be interested (and that should be Google) the importance of the matter.

1 Kudo
Community Member
Spoiler
Talk about convenient timing for an update on The Division 2 release date for Stadia. See the below tweet. If true, looks like it will release between now and end of March. Not a Google-sourced piece of info, but welcome nonetheless.

- B

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1225464185766776833

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

Guys, maybe I went overboard. But what I'm saying is it's ridiculous to keep asking Google and in the Stadia forum when they've made their statement on it. 

How many of us are asking these same questions in the developer's sites or at whatever contact they allow, or in their social media feeds or anywhere else we can reach the developers? I think if Google comes out and says "timing of announcements are up to the developer's" and the developers haven't disputed that, then we should take Google at their word. And if we accept that as truth, then the pressure should be put on the developers to give better updates on when and how their games are going to show up on Stadia. I've tried this, I get zero responses from developers when I ask these questions on their sites and social media feeds. I think the developers need to take some responsibility for that. I see developers announcing their games for other platforms all the time and will respond to those announcements with "When will your game be coming to Stadia?" And they never answer. So to me that's frustrating because I feel like the developers are ignoring the Stadia faithful and promoting their stuff for other platforms. I want the developers to take Stadia seriously, so we can get those announcements and more people can be made aware of what's coming and that can help grow the Stadia platform so it can be successful. But if the developers ignore Stadia when promoting their games, then people won't gain any interest in Stadia either. 

So yes, I go overboard once in a while, but it's because it's tiring seeing the same questions asked here. If Google had not actually addressed it, I wouldn't have an issue with it. But Google made it clear that the announcements are based on the developer's preferences. So let's hold the developers accountable then. That's all I was trying to say, even if I said it in a rude way, lol. I really am trying to work on that 🤪

1 Kudo