cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

New Forum rules / petition

Hello everyone.

I would like to make a request to @Stadia Team of the following points in the change of their policies in the use of the community forum.

First clarify that I agree with your policies, however.

Irrelevant Content. Topics and posts must be clear, concise, and related to support for the specific Google product that is the focus of that forum.

4. No low-quality/effort content

• Topics and posts must be clear, concise, and related to Stadia.
  • Opinion-based posts that don't have justification.
  • Questions that promote simple responses such as "yes" or "no" questions.

These sections of its policies clearly breaks the ecosystem of what a forum should be.

So it's just a help blog.

So I would like to ask

• Change name "forum"
  • Close all topics and just let Stadia Team, Employe or guide answer.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @Whito 

may you please explain why this ruleset breaks the idea of a forum? This is a Stadia (platform) forum not for example a Destiny 2 one. 🙂

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

So you can't talk about Destiny 2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Yes, that's the same that you "cannot" talk about Stadia in Destiny 2 forums. 🙂

A forum is topic-related and our topic is Stadia as a platform. 

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

What?

Well this being the case, I don't understand why I would use this forum format when I can communicate directly with customer service.

I also don't see why I should help other users if I am not an employee and my information is not official.

Just to be clear.

No one can talk about destiny in stadia and no one can talk about stadia in destiny, so destiny players in stadia can only speak in a forum about flowers.

They can close the thread.

Thank you.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Whito got to agree with you here, not read the rules but they sound nuts. Are we allowed to talk about Destiny 2 since we are playing it on Stadia?

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Trying to talk about stadia in official games forums you get laughed at for being an idiot using the service and a paid employee just for saying it works, ends up with just trying to defend stadia but maybe I am idiot with policies like these or they added a stadia game section without me noticing.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

After thinking about the bold part @Whito Idon't believe it will be enforced here, obviously you won't want to go on say google nest section (if there is one) and start a thread on pixel mobile, this is general chat regarding stadia and at the moment there is nothing more to the service then launching said games so to not discuss them would be a massive failure on googles part.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@ARGAH @Matt1 

Thank you for answering guys. The fault is mine to understand Stadia community forum and not Stadia community help.

I come from a time when in the forums you could talk about anything as long as there was respect.

Times change and you have to adapt. If Google wants these rules, they will be respected.

Stadia needs nice words these days, remember they are people too and they must be frustrated.

For my part I will continue using Stadia because I believe in its concept, but I will say that the direction is a disaster, however there are technicians, engineers and developers that make the magic of Stadia possible.

I will surely take a break in these forums, take good care of yourselves and enjoy Stadia.

I would love to play with you sometime in the future, at the moment I do not play multiplayer until they change the rewards model and force me to play their game exclusively, games like destiny, pubg or rdr2 online do not attract me.

Regards.

0 Kudos