cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

My issue with stadia game pricing

I'm a computer, mouse and keyboard is superior in every possible way player. I love the idea of stadia, if you want my money, you best lose this idea that you are a console thus you should get to charge more for the game you are selling. I simply will not pay a higher price for a game I want to play knowing that is cheaper if I just buy the digital download and play it on my PC solely. If you want my money then you need to make it worth me wanting to buy on stadia. Unless it's an mmo I don't usually replay older games once I have beaten them so the idea of stadia going under and me losing my game library isn't really that big of a deal to me. But you have to make it worth buying on your platform instead of digital downloading.
0 Kudos
25 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I agree even though they had ghost recon for half price up until Christmas day. The fact that we never know when they are doing sales and then they always show up outside of pay periods is kind of annoying. This is something I agree they need to work on. (I am one of the people that got GRB for half off) even though we ended up getting an older version of the game and to this day still have not received the update to play the raids.

Army2willis
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

That's interesting but you never mention what games you are talking about. If you could elaborate more so that I can gather accurate data that would be helpful.

Army2willis
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

At the end of the day: 

- Google is not enforcing a pricing policy with partnered dev houses. That may be a sign as to their confidence in their product AND ability to sway big dev houses to program for them.  

- Google is not subsidizing the game prices...safe for pro deals.   Perhaps putting their own skin in the software side in way of subsidy is prudent?  

...$10 /$15 more isnt a deal breaker on most games.  Im not too worried about that.  Hopefully if/when they gain clout pricing will normalize.  

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I got all my games on stadia for cheap. I simply played stadia, every day, and as I logged in, they kept offering me more and more cheap games As if playing for free is not cheap enough. And then they even told me, do you want these games for cheap? And I said hmmm. And they said, "they will be yours forever. You don't even have to play them. Infact, we will take care of your ability to play them. For as long as we exist. You will always have the ability to play the games you bought from us, for cheap."

And I said, "but what about my parents? I really enjoy it that you want to addopt me like this, google."

And google said "You can still have your original parents. We just wanna be your extra parents for free, as an addition."

And I said, "Shut up! Take my money NOW!" 

It was love at first sight.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I just look at it as 9.99/month for 2 free games per month I can pause and instantly resume on all my devices. No waiting for updates or wasted time loading. Just "Hey Google, let's murder fools" and instantly im jumped in. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Honestly they hard to beat. Sure the service has its downfalls  ( none of which is lag related for me personally( i have over a gig/s of net) but the benefits beat any other console and even pc hands down and I own a powerful pc. I don't have to download the dumb Uplay launcher I can just play, no downloads, no updates ( except 2k20), no messaging friends ( hopefully coming soon, no streaming ( also coming at some point), just the ability for 10 pocket change dollars the ability to get 2 games  ( even though lately its been 3 and four games) free each month, I spent less than 250 on 9 games and got another 18 for free. That's hard to beat library wise

Army2willis
0 Kudos