cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Lol Americas infrastructure

Who's "brilliant" idea was it to come up with Stadia? I want to shake their hand. With Americas monopolized internet infrastructure, they really thought "this was the way of games?" **bleep** me running. I just feel sorry for anyone who spent any kind of savings on this product. Americas net will NEVER be enough to allow for full on game streaming, especially with internet companies screwing us bandwidth wise as it is. Multiple reports of games that are largely already owned and multiple seconds of lag delay. How did these **bleep** wits think this was a brilliant idea?  Maybe when our internet speeds become that of sweden or norway or something. Where there is actual competition and not stamping out the competition as far as speeds go.

I am genuinely curious as to who thought this was an amazing idea from the top end. Please tell me.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Community Member

Have you tried it? It works quite well for most people. I've already played a couple dozen hours in Destiny 2 and FFXV with roughly a single instance of memorable lag. That's just as good if not better than playing on local hardware. Why are you so angry about it though? Did Stadia personally offend you in some manner?
0 Kudos
Community Member

OnLive worked almost a decade ago for me. I'd like to think internet has advanced much further since then.

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Works great in my American home, and public areas. No issue at all. Not sure what your so angry about?
0 Kudos
Community Member

Another thing you might want to consider: rumors are there are countries and even people outside of the USA with, like, non-**bleep** InterNet. I know, must be hard to fathom. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Valynor So because some people can't use it, no body should be able to and it should never have been built? By that logic our world would be a very dull place.

Also many countries that have better internet than the US I think that's why Stadia is available in many countries... not just the US.
0 Kudos
Community Member

@Excog sorry my snarky reply was meant to address the original poster of this thread.
0 Kudos
Community Member

@Valynor ah yes I see the sarcasm now, lol
0 Kudos
Community Member

@sharpshooter188 @OMG! I was wondering when some genius would ask this question! The OP is so right! It totally sucks that this platform... Works so well on my American internet plan? Oh wait, I guess you're totally off base, lol.

The only thing terrible about my American internet is the price I pay for it monthly. But, otherwise it's pretty darn fast and... This is important... There's no data cap. So maybe you just doesn't know that America's internet infrastructure isn't the same everywhere and that there are millions of American people who can actually get the best that this service has to offer. 

Also... This is important too... Google KNOWS not everyone can get the best of this service, but some people are going to be perfectly happy if the service just works ok for them.

In fact, although it's in limited places, maybe you don't even know that GOOGLE OFFERS THEIR OWN pretty darn fast internet, which is more than capable of handling this service. 

Now that I think about it, it seems like you don't know a lot about America's internet infrastructure or about Google's intentions on creating a service that's widely available to people even if they don't have the best internet. You should read up on stuff before posting crazy nonsense.

0 Kudos