cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Linking issues - every start up...

Hello, I have followed every help page google can offer but still having this issue.

every time I start stadia my controller can not link to the screen. I can see the linking code and I’ve reset chrome cast and the controller. 

at first I thought the controller had had it - but if I start the stadia app and select a game and start it from there, I can then reboot the controller and it links and works. This has to be a glitch in the software.

i have made my isssue with google via the comments page but have nothing to show for it.  No support at all. Does anyone else have this issue? It should link and stay linked. 

Reverence

1 Kudo
9 Replies
Community Member

@Reverence  I had the same issue. Tryed rebooting controller, Chromecast, unpluging and pluguin again, introducing the linking code 20 times... I spend 15 minutes every time I try to play on TV. 

I have also tryed with and without the ethernet cable on the Chromecast.

When I was nearly  throwing the controller to the wall , magically it linked. It seems like it takes too much to link the controller with the screen.

A solution would be apreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Community Member

The controller uses 5g wifi which has shockingly bad range and really struggles transmitting through walls, is it possible you guys are on the end of signals range?

1 Kudo
Community Member

@ARGAH  thanks for your help. 

My router is conected directly to TV, so I think it has to be another problem.

Sherian#1004

0 Kudos
Community Member

I'm don't think the controller communicates with TV at all, only the data center if wifi isn't connecting that a problem.

0 Kudos
Community Member

My controller is connected to WiFi and so is the chrome cast - same network. But will not link together via the linking code.

The stadia app on the controller states it will not link to tv. 

so if if both are connected to the WiFi why aren’t they talking to each other...

as per my first post - if I reboot the controller while I selected a game through the app it works...

is it the controller, is it the chrome cast, is it the servers not talking... no one knows and google are NOT supportive in this regards...

0 Kudos
Community Member

I had troubles initially on my wifi that's why I was saying, had to turn off 5g broadcast run everything on 2.4 and use Ethernet on Chromecast, mine was a range issue though.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Should give that a try actually, turn off 5g wifi see if they all link, who knows lol 

0 Kudos
Community Member

My router is next to my chrome cast, controller and tv. I have 5ghz transmitting and I’ve tried the lan connection as well... Still refusing to link with tv... I really am getting to the end with this... Thank you for all your replies. @Google any chance you might support your product?
0 Kudos
Community Member

If the code appears on the screen, it is certified. Just turn on the Stadia button until white light and wait 10 seconds. The controller will be linked automatically .... you must not enter the code every time it starts ... only in case of disconnection due to inactivity

0 Kudos