cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Link to 3 month free promo please!

Hi there, 

The last 2 days major media have been reporting that Google is giving away 3 months of Stadia free with a CCU purchase. 

Then i see the same media outlets issuing corrections saying that Google contacted them to say that EXISTING CCU owners can also jump in on the offer, they just need to sign up for Chromecast promotional emails and we'll be sent the link for the promo. 

In classic Google style...they fail to communicate HOW to do that. Where's the link to that promo email sign up page?  

Does anyone know how to go about redeeming this?  Ive scoured the internet, came up short. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Community Member

I've been happily paying for my sub now. N will continue to do so. Free months do nothing for me personally anymore. U are either supporting Stadia by now (so paying for it and having no issues doing so) or u have said no to stadia. 

The only thing google/stadia NOW need to do, is make the subs have more options. Rather than the 1month plan. There def should be year subs, 3 month subs etc. Month to month isn't obv a big deal, just some people such as myself, would rather just make one payment (for the year) and not have to worry about it nor be bothered with it until one more year passes etc. Just better than every month having an email sent to u like we took this out then ur bank statements showing it every month like e ery month just know 10$ is being taken out n it's like idk more annoying than anything else. Just let me pay for a year sub and leave me alone for a year.

That's about all Google needs to do right now. 

It's def a good promo though for newcomers. With the free tier coming out soon (most likely the end of the month) and promotions like this, hopefully Stadia will see more player base.

Good luck though!

0 Kudos
Community Member

I think you just gotta sub to the Google Store updates - but I DM'd Stadia on Twitter, will let you know if I hear back...

1 Kudo
Community Member

If you open the Google Home app and find "Home App Settings" (click your profile head) there's an option for email notifications. Not sure if it's the one, but check if it's enabled. 

1 Kudo
Community Member

@ChromeDome I did some more research for you man. N it looks like this email gets sent to anyone who either buys a new CCU or if you are already oppted in/subbed to receive Google notifications etc u should have already gotten then e-mail. 

It looks like the issue with you is you haven't opted in. N that's why you have not gotten an e-mail. As @PatMan  stated I don't think there is a link for it, u just set it up via your Google account.

So to walk you through it as best I can, go to Google store, then click on your profile bubble (the bubble that has your profile picture in it, it should be in the top right corner) then click on settings. U should see things like payment info, waitlist info, and email preferences. I have taken a screen shot to better show you what you should be seeing. But once you get to that page, just click all the email stuff on (if any of it is set to off) as @PatMan mentioned not sure if that IS what u need to do. But as far as I know myself there is no "link" to opt into emails it's just apart of your Google accounts settings. From your Google account u need to opt in/accept to receive emails and notifications from Google. 

Hope this helps you out if not I'd say wait for @PatMan  maybe he will have better news once he hears back from support etc. 

Screenshot_20200307-103045.png

1 Kudo
Community Member

...they literally will not tell me. This is the entirety of my exchange with the Stadia Twitter account:

PatMan_0-1583602982074.png

Baffled. Moving on.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Contact Google stadia live chat support, dealt with them twice and by far the best support service used, they will help you hassle free.

0 Kudos
Community Member

This may work waiting on email 

41783C95-7BB8-4ADF-A067-1B0C070DD1AA.png

0 Kudos
Community Member

I’ve got my setting on for receiving updates - I wonder if they send the promotion to anyone who has a CCU with Stadia already loaded....probably makes sense that they wouldn’t!

0 Kudos