cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Why can’t I delete games from my library?  Surely that’s a basic requirement 

I want to get rid of that mobile phone level gaming they gave us free - it’s awful and embarrassing 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

As of the date of this post, there is no way to remove games from your catalogue, I guess the developers didn't anticipate people wanting to get rid of games. 

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-General/How-do-I-delete-hide-games-from-my-library/td-p/21783

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
6 Replies
Community Member

I wasn't "given" any free mobile phone level games or "given" any game for free. I had to go actually go claim any game that I wanted. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Why did you get then them in the first place? Awful and and embarrassing- really? My 8 year old son loves them 😉

0 Kudos
Community Member

Haha! Because I thought I couldn’t resist something “free”.  Turns out, I can!

0 Kudos
Community Member

As of the date of this post, there is no way to remove games from your catalogue, I guess the developers didn't anticipate people wanting to get rid of games. 

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-General/How-do-I-delete-hide-games-from-my-library/td-p/21783

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

A simple solution would be to have an option to "hide" games from your library. Google doesn't typically do this with a lot of their digital products though (movies, books, etc.) that I know of. Send feedback.

2 Kudos
Community Member

Library options do need to be looked into and I agree that the basics of either removing or simply hiding games needs to be there.

Whilst I chose to review some of the claimed titles, I now decide that I no longer want them either because I have completed them or simply they aren’t my style of game once reviewed.

The cynic inside me says that there’s likely no option to remove or hide titles possibly for 2 reasons.

One being that Google want Pro subscribers to see what they are missing if they ever left subscription, and the other potential is that there’s the advertising of games every time you go to the games list- games show up and software houses rely on exposure of this nature to a degree.

Probably none of the above, but we do need what is in essence basic features of a remove or hide function. It’s simple basics and in-line with how I’d expect to manage a personal library of content.

Another area of the library which would benefit from the above is when games are claimed and then purchased. Case in point being Metro Exodus.

I claimed this game and then went further and bought the gold version which includes the base games and all DLC’s. Now in Stadia, my games list shows that Exodus is a Pro game. It is not (or it was but then I upgraded to purchase) and therefore it shouldn’t show as a Pro game anymore.

Because of the lack of options to hide or remove Pro games, or other, the library is going to get messy as time moves on and the benefits are there to have remove or hide options.

0 Kudos